What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Some outrageous highs from errant sensors in here but first 90 days with Libre. No idea how bad this is - right now diet tweaks non negotiable I'm at all I can stand now (Ok with fbgs and won't eat before almond milk latte @11.00 ish so morning will just have to do.; try to eat @ 13.00 and 18.00) - so goodness knows where improvements will come from - more and better exercise?
2131755567.png.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm hiding in my den and thought I'd best update on the picture that's driving me nuts. I haven't given up on it as I like it but it is bringing out my OCD :)

Anyway, I reduced the canvas from the 5000x5000 I was using so I can get enough detail in at 720ppi. I left it at 2000x2000 for here so at least some detail is visible ;)

View attachment 43038
Torn between the hug for driving you nuts and winner for such amazing artwork. Hinner rating please.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm hiding in my den and thought I'd best update on the picture that's driving me nuts. I haven't given up on it as I like it but it is bringing out my OCD :)

Anyway, I reduced the canvas from the 5000x5000 I was using so I can get enough detail in at 720ppi. I left it at 2000x2000 for here so at least some detail is visible ;)

View attachment 43038

Brilliant @Alien Aspie

This hummingbird is a far better shape and position and posture (etc) than the one you had yesterday. This one balances out the picture/painting.

I like it in every respect. Obviously you said your story behind this hummingbird and your black and white portrait yesterday. Knowing that, there seems some poignancy about this picture/painting.

I would be happy with this result.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 43038
That is very good, zoom in and you can see the creativity and dedication into getting detail into that bird. The metallic effect on the brow of the head as the purple shines out of the green, the gold detail and the effect of feathers on the wings. As usual @Alien Aspie the work of a master.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After cleaning two vehicles I sat down with a cup of coffee and could not resist fiddling with yesterday's watercolour, the one I was going to leave alone, will I ever learn? Pleanty of Rose Bay Willow herb about at the moment, dragon plants according to my youngest grandaughter, why, because they grow where Dragons have scorched the earth.....
IMG_3578.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @ianpspurs @gennepher @Muddy Cyclist I shall feel happier about finishing the thing. I'm no expert though, just too focused ;)

Have an idea to leave the wings blurry to intimate movement, it's in my head so we shall see how it translates.

Thank you all :)

Hi @Alien Aspie
Your ideas sound good. Unless you experiment you will have no idea of effects you will be able to do.

But just remember to save each major digital picture, as a separate entity, along the way.

Reactions: UserABC2021

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After cleaning two vehicles I sat down with a cup of coffee and could not resist fiddling with yesterday's watercolour, the one I was going to leave alone, will I ever learn? Pleanty of Rose Bay Willow herb about at the moment, dragon plants according to my youngest grandaughter, why, because they grow where Dragons have scorched the earth.....
View attachment 43039
Very wise child your youngest granddaughter @Muddy Cyclist

In this painting, I can still see the essence of the more abstract under painting.

You have combined the qualities of yesterday’s abstract painting and your usual style of painting painting with it.

I feel that this painting has got a gentler quality because of this.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou, the Style is still not as I see it in my minds eye, maybe I should keep practising, just such a waste of paper when it all goes wrong. :)
New Very wise child your youngest granddaughter @Muddy Cyclist
She is and only 4. On a two hour walk the other day she told me about the Rose Bay being dragon plants. Inevitably we found two large dragon eggs abandoned by their parents and we had to carry them to the stream in the valley, 1 mile, because they were about to hatch and they would imprint to us if we didn't find their parents who were water dragons relatives of Indra. I looked at her mom questionably, she shrugged. Neither Mom nor Dad knew where she had got this information, imprint, Rose Bay and its links to fire, or Indra the dragon from, kids, brains like sponges. So me Grandad loving the make believe plays along with the fun, chased by eagles, captured by red indians even did a red Indian War dance around a Totam Pole, battled with huge bears to save the Dragon eggs, and we did.

Reactions: UserABC2021

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
In case some hadn't seen or read this. Quite useful except the little insinuation that T2 is always associated with being overweight. Snacking and alcohol impacted weight gain? no whatsit Sherlock https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/lockdown-weight-gain?mc_cid=95335863dc&mc_eid=13ba571342
My weight gain looks to be average. Didn't snack or drink alcohol but should have adjusted my food intake down as I was spending hours on the computer instead of teaching exercise for hours.

Good news is that I have lost another half pound and have only one and a half pounds to go before I reach pre-lockdown weight. I only adjusted down by 300 to 400 calories a day. Carbs down from 20g to 18g. It worked - which is great.

Have got a 3 hour course on Zoom at 4.30pm. It is mainly theory so another 3 hours of sitting at the computer.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Neither Mom nor Dad knew where she had got this information, imprint, Rose Bay and its links to fire, or Indra the dragon from, kids, brains like sponges. So me Grandad loving the make believe plays along with the fun, chased by eagles, captured by red indians even did a red Indian War dance around a Totam Pole, battled with huge bears to save the Dragon eggs, and we did.
That sounds so much fun.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thankyou, the Style is still not as I see it in my minds eye, maybe I should keep practising, just such a waste of paper when it all goes wrong. :)

She is and only 4. On a two hour walk the other day she told me about the Rose Bay being dragon plants. Inevitably we found two large dragon eggs abandoned by their parents and we had to carry them to the stream in the valley, 1 mile, because they were about to hatch and they would imprint to us if we didn't find their parents who were water dragons relatives of Indra. I looked at her mom questionably, she shrugged. Neither Mom nor Dad knew where she had got this information, imprint, Rose Bay and its links to fire, or Indra the dragon from, kids, brains like sponges. So me Grandad loving the make believe plays along with the fun, chased by eagles, captured by red indians even did a red Indian War dance around a Totam Pole, battled with huge bears to save the Dragon eggs, and we did.
Love this @Muddy Cyclist what a wonderful Grandad you are.