What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, it's finished (because I have to stop somewhere)

Sorry I posted so many versions

View attachment 43042

I use the watercolour brushes for my basic layout before resorting to the technical pencils. It's not the equipment, it's my mindset, my brain just won't go there :bag::banghead:

Sorry, I was having an afternoon nap!
Nothing wrong with posting a few versions!
Yes we all have to stop somewhere in our work :)

I agree with that crop of some of the black on the left side. (I took a screenshot yesterday and played with cropping a little of that left side black off, but I said nothing on that because it is your pic).

I love it!

May I download it on to my device to look at?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thankyou, the Style is still not as I see it in my minds eye, maybe I should keep practising, just such a waste of paper when it all goes wrong. :)

She is and only 4. On a two hour walk the other day she told me about the Rose Bay being dragon plants. Inevitably we found two large dragon eggs abandoned by their parents and we had to carry them to the stream in the valley, 1 mile, because they were about to hatch and they would imprint to us if we didn't find their parents who were water dragons relatives of Indra. I looked at her mom questionably, she shrugged. Neither Mom nor Dad knew where she had got this information, imprint, Rose Bay and its links to fire, or Indra the dragon from, kids, brains like sponges. So me Grandad loving the make believe plays along with the fun, chased by eagles, captured by red indians even did a red Indian War dance around a Totam Pole, battled with huge bears to save the Dragon eggs, and we did.
She is very knowledgeable @Muddy Cyclist
Many little ones are. And it is good you understand and play along with her make believe with it. Some children would be made fun of by their parents for having that knowledge. You have built on her knowledge into a wonderful game, and given her confidence for later in life.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, I was having an afternoon nap!
Nothing wrong with posting a few versions!
Yes we all have to stop somewhere in our work :)

I agree with that crop of some of the black on the left side. (I took a screenshot yesterday and played with cropping a little of that left side black off, but I said nothing on that because it is your pic).

I love it!

May I download it on to my device to look at?

Of course you can :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of course you can :)
Thank you @Alien Aspie

upload_2020-8-1_15-4-36.gif

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In case some hadn't seen or read this. Quite useful except the little insinuation that T2 is always associated with being overweight. Snacking and alcohol impacted weight gain? no whatsit Sherlock https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/lockdown-weight-gain?mc_cid=95335863dc&mc_eid=13ba571342

I never weighed myself during lockdown @ianpspurs
I was eating differently because of inaccessibility of shops I normally used in Wales, which were actually in England.

I did my best with the food I could access, which meant a lot of shopping at the Polish shop.

I have just got my scales out. The battery was flat. New battery and I am the same weight as I was before lockdown.

I am pleased, but I was hoping I might have lost weight, because, obviously, I have not been eating out, which was about twice a week before lockdown.

But it doesn’t look like the eating out made any difference.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay, painting for today.
New app. Infinite Painter. (Because the iPad is having a heatstroke and is malingering on my chill mat).
I have never used this old Android tablet (it's only 16 GB) for normal usage I use the iPad Pro for. It is covered with acrylic paint, because I was only using it for photos and source material for my acrylic paintings last year.

First painting on Infinite Painter.
From Hokusai again. A frog.
It has taken me 2hours but a lot was figuring it the brush strokes.
The app is free. All features are free for one week. Then it is a one off payment of £7.99 for everything.
There is no Procreate for Android, so this was the nearest I could find.

Bonus, it automatically saves my painting as I go along. It saves stroke by stroke. There should be no way you can lose anything. Cat got interested and brought up menus with his paw that I have not managed to bring up with my paw...

I 'borrowed' the cat's paw, but the screen was unresponsive. It only works when the cat does it if his own free will...

Now, see if I can upload. Oh another bonus is this old device only used up 25% of battery life for this painting, and did not heat up. iPad would have had barely 35% of battery life left by now.
View attachment 43034

I will get there in the end, think I have sussed the upload from this old Android device....
Loving that - great bit of toad of toad hall

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone from a damp/dry mix and match day in the dark and dangerous north
Up and out early this morning on my bike for first ride of the year after being sacked from the Agents of Shield. Reading of 4.8 this am .
Not far, just getting my eye back in so on familiar roads and calling into places with open air facilities for a brew. Fasted until 1330 apart from a couple of mugs of tea.

Got home, bike in garage, heavens opened up - happy days.

Quick sketch before I left.
upload_2020-8-1_15-18-56.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon everyone from a damp/dry mix and match day in the dark and dangerous north
Up and out early this morning on my bike for first ride of the year after being sacked from the Agents of Shield. Reading of 4.8 this am .
Not far, just getting my eye back in so on familiar roads and calling into places with open air facilities for a brew. Fasted until 1330 apart from a couple of mugs of tea.

Got home, bike in garage, heavens opened up - happy days.

Quick sketch before I left.
View attachment 43044

Looks like you had a very good ride @dunelm
I am pleased for you.

I like the bamboo. Good work!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.7 today

I seem to run a couple of points higher when it's hot.

Nice slightly cooler and fresher day today which suits me fine:joyful:

picked some more pink gooseberries this morning, never had such a good crop off the bush before, I wonder if it's because we got so many rainy days :)

Yesterday was quite weird in one way, you would have expected the sky and sea to be bright and super saturated colour wise but, perhaps because of heat haze, everything seemed curiously subdued, the sunset began with a pale apricot wash of colour in the sky. :angelic:

@Alien Aspie - I like how you've balanced the detail and colour of the hummingbird against the strength and slight starkness of the portrait :)

@dunelm - very effective quick sketch with good depth using the varied tone ;)

@gennepher - I really like your toad, such a strong sense of liveliness :joyful: and thank you for the interesting information about 'Infinite Painter', I have a couple of apps already but I may download this one and have a go :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I liked the abstract beginning but I also think you've transitioned this one really well. the 'fireweed' is everywhere at the moment ;) Lovely story of the day too :joyful: very joyful.
Imprinting - interesting, does it play a part in 'Game of Thrones' (never seen it but I know it involves dragons as well as many dodgy humans :hilarious:).
My own reference that popped up in my head was Anne McCaffrey's dragonrider series of books but then I'm old :D

Art bit
Back to my usual ;)

upload_2020-8-1_16-39-59.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

picked some more pink gooseberries this morning, never had such a good crop off the bush before, I wonder if it's because we got so many rainy days :)

Yesterday was quite weird in one way, you would have expected the sky and sea to be bright and super saturated colour wise but, perhaps because of heat haze, everything seemed curiously subdued, the sunset began with a pale apricot wash of colour in the sky. :angelic:

@Alien Aspie - I like how you've balanced the detail and colour of the hummingbird against the strength and slight starkness of the portrait :)

@gennepher - I really like your toad, such a strong sense of liveliness :joyful: and thank you for the interesting information about 'Infinite Painter', I have a couple of apps already but I may download this one and have a go :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I liked the abstract beginning but I also think you've transitioned this one really well. the 'fireweed' is everywhere at the moment ;) Lovely story of the day too :joyful: very joyful.
Imprinting - interesting, does it play a part in 'Game of Thrones' (never seen it but I know it involves dragons as well as many dodgy humans :hilarious:).
My own reference that popped up in my head was Anne McCaffrey's dragonrider series of books but then I'm old :D

Art bit
Back to my usual ;)

View attachment 43045
Great artwork. Interesting about the gooseberry crop and wetter weather. I can honestly say I have never seen any irrigation on soft fruit in the area where I grew up and for 40 years it was pretty much all fruit. Very lazy man's crop - pick, some pruning, spray. Relax most of the year. Huge areas grubbed up as frozen pulp could be imported cheaper from Poland. Now it is protein of some sort - huge fields of peas and beans combine harvested in autumn. Breckland is forestry, pigs and somehow they can grow grass in parts so sheep. Anything else requires irrigation even when raining!

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't done that, I guess I should. Thanks ;)

I want to paint like @Muddy Cyclist his work has so much feeling
A compliment indeed from a master, thank you. As @gennepher says get some watercolour, good paper and have a bash I'm sure you will enjoy it, get frustrated by it and finally produce a masterpiece. My perceived so much feeling comes from an attitude of can't be bothered to do the detail, story of my life, I would like to paint like the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood But have not got the skill or patience to learn it.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to paint like the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood But have not got the skill or patience to learn it.:)
They were pants at running software companies, folk music and cycling. William Holman can't hold a tune, John Everett falls off all the time and Dante Gabriel ctrl alt del:angelic: Hunt did look remarkably like Ralph Spall though.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely, great reads but then I'm an oldie also. :joyful:
Thank you for you art compliment.

back to your usual is good, works very well and I really like this painting. When on Sky we had a few days that looked like this, provoked some good memories.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.
My Morening started with anticipation and apprehension.

Being at high risk and shielding until yesterday, today in theory I am free to join the rest of population, drive and ride my motorcycle for the first time since the second week in March, I think.
So after checking my bike over yesterday. Today I rode firstly to The Waterfront cafe at Benson, which was crowded, safe but crowded, so I left, then I rode to greasy spoon bikers cafe called H's again safe, but not very good koffy. I had to request a couple of bikers not to get so close to me. Then I rode back to Tilehurst Towers destroying Mrs J's peace and quiet. A total distance of 45 miles.

My bloods this morning were 5.4 which meant a tweak in my insulin dosage so I could safely ride.

I am reasonably confident that further restrictions will be applied given the rise in the infection rate, so I would like to get as much riding in as possible.

Well fellow posters and painters I hope you had a good day. Until tomorrow good night.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.7 today

Art bit
Back to my usual ;)

View attachment 43045

Thanks @geefull

Love your painting.
And the detailed rocks and seaweed.
I could wander around there, and climb the rocks (in my younger days of course!).

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would like to paint like the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood But have not got the skill or patience to learn it.:)

I have wanted to paint like the Pre-Raphaelites ever since I was a teenager...I can still remember thinking that....
I have never tried it...yet...