What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If this is wrong thread sorry mods. Some outrageous highs from errant sensors in here but first 90 days with Libre. No idea how bad this is - right now diet tweaks non negotiable so goodness knows where improvements will come from - more and better exercise.? Ok with fbgs and won't eat before almond milk latte @11.00 ish so morning will just have to do.
View attachment 43037

Hi,

I would suggest starting your own topic with your enqirory..

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I would suggest starting your own topic with your enqirory..
Thanks and i understand. I deleted it - can you do the same with your reply and I'll then delete this?. Rest of board is mainly a dystopian wasteland for me.

Last edited:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.3 this morning. Just walked an 11.6 km Chilton loop. Only had two cups of tea for breakfast (and long-acting insulin). It sure is hilly. Applied Jungle formula but still managed to get a large bite, which I must be allergic to. It's the size of a teacup. Have a great afternoon everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Just walked an 11.6 km Chilton loop. Only had two cups of tea for breakfast (and long-acting insulin). It sure is hilly. Applied Jungle formula but still managed to get a large bite, which I must be allergic to. It's the size of a teacup. Have a great afternoon everyone.
For the avoidance of doubt, hug is for the bite everything else is good.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@DJC3 -- So glad hospital check up was good. Possibly some of the higher levels before were due to stress.
@PenguinMum -- Could the higher levels be due to your body feeling stressed by the heat or due to dehydration?
@Colinthejock -- Welcome to the thread.

Fasting blood sugars for me today were 4.9. Copious amounts of wine (3 glasses) yesterday, but skipped on the exercise.

Have a great weekend all.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@DJC3 -- So glad hospital check up was good. Possibly some of the higher levels before were due to stress.
@PenguinMum -- Could the higher levels be due to your body feeling stressed by the heat or due to dehydration?
@Colinthejock -- Welcome to the thread.

Fasting blood sugars for me today were 4.9. Copious amounts of wine (3 glasses) yesterday, but skipped on the exercise.

Have a great weekend all.
Hello Ziggy
Your suggestion could be right on both counts. I dont deal well with excessive heat and I might have got dehydrated! Thanks for thinking of me. Hope all good with you!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Ziggy
Your suggestion could be right on both counts. I dont deal well with excessive heat and I might have got dehydrated! Thanks for thinking of me. Hope all good with you!

I have often wondered if dehydration would give a higher bg level. It seems to make sense to me.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Dehydration raises the blood sugar saturation in your blood but also in turn that higher blood sugar causes you to wee a lot more which makes you more dehydrated and so on.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, everyone. I hope you've all slept well.
t2228.gif
t2227.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Trinity 8/Pork shoulder Sunday. Several possibilities for fbg but right now - 7.25 - it is 4.4 which is reasonable average of Libre readings since the first 3.3 at 5.10. I don't need hugs for a 3,3 absolutely no effects and no bounceback so all good.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Trinity 8/Pork shoulder Sunday. Several possibilities for fbg but right now - 7.25 - it is 4.4 which is reasonable average of Libre readings since the first 3.3 at 5.10. I don't need hugs for a 3,3 absolutely no effects and no bounceback so all good.

You get a hug anyway. For Trinity 8.

Reactions: ianpspurs