What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5 for me today.

Yesterday evening our daughter turned up with SIL and grandaughter, we asked them if they would like us to do a meal, they did and we all ate outside and sat there until after midnight, grandaughter fell asleep on a chair and the rest of the evening was spent putting the world to right, reminiscing, making music and listening to the stillness of the night, very relaxing, too much wine but there you go.

Today I have no idea what's in store.

Observe the wonderful day and use the time as best as you are able. Keep safe.

This sounds a wonderful evening @Muddy Cyclist
:)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Today I am missing my parents so much it's almost a physical pain.
Better start on the Keep Busy campaign again.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning and the sun has arrived.

I think I should show willing and do a little weeding or something today.

Decided to have a go at a watercolour picture, the intent is to only use brushes and no technical pencils but I can see that going south :)

Positive thoughts @Alien Aspie Positive thoughts....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I am missing my parents so much it's almost a physical pain.
Hugs for you @SlimLizzy
t4614.gif

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone - again. Back from a jaunty hack over the moors - just shy of 70 miles - sun streaming into my helmet as I headed east and then a bit chilly coming up over Fylingdales moor towards Whitby.

upload_2020-8-2_9-12-45.jpeg

Oh! The wonder wheel of jests and japes decided upon 5.1 this am

Not sure what we are doing with the rest of the day but here is a quick sketch this morning - koffy time. Hope you all have a great day. @ianpspurs - and now I must get pork for dinner.
upload_2020-8-2_9-14-23.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone - again. Back from a jaunty hack over the moors - just shy of 70 miles - sun streaming into my helmet as I headed east and then a bit chilly coming up over Fylingdales moor towards Whitby.

View attachment 43052

Not sure what we are doing with the rest of the day but here is a quick sketch this morning - koffy time. Hope you all have a great day. @ianpspurs - and now I must get pork for dinner.
View attachment 43053
Wonderful view to start the day. Quick sketch maybe but perfectly pleasing to the eye. Enjoy the day.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As it was pointed out to me yesterday's frog was a toad, I decided that I should give a frog a go today, to redress the balance.

Hokusai again.

I made a pig's ear of it. I made my pale grey preliminary sketch. That was okay, you could see the way the frog shifted its shape, and adjusted to fit the page. I do this anyway with a real pencil sketch, and I don't rub out the previous pencil marks. I leave them. I was going to do the same with this.

But at the end of me doing this, and all was well, I did something. What? I have no idea what I did. And I made all the light grey marks very dark grey. My painting was ruined. The undo button had no effect.

I am not wasting 2hours work. So I ending up exploring different paints strokes to eradicate these dark grey lines. Half hour later I finished.

And it looked better than before!
Project 2.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 43052

View attachment 43053

Brilliant!
I was hoping you would post a photo of your travels!

And a great orchid.

Everything a winner so far today!

May your day continue this way :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As it was pointed out to me yesterday's frog was a toad, I decided that I should give a frog a go today, to redress the balance.

Hokusai again.

I made a pig's ear of it. I made my pale grey preliminary sketch. That was okay, you could see the way the frog shifted its shape, and adjusted to fit the page. I do this anyway with a real pencil sketch, and I don't rub out the previous pencil marks. I leave them. I was going to do the same with this.

But at the end of me doing this, and all was well, I did something. What? I have no idea what I did. And I made all the light grey marks very dark grey. My painting was ruined. The undo button had no effect.

I am not wasting 2hours work. So I ending up exploring different paints strokes to eradicate these dark grey lines. Half hour later I finished.

View attachment 43054
A lovely frog just like the one living under one of our Bonsai tree pots in the garden, nice slender healthy beast and you have caught that stance they take, movement yet frozen in the action, brilliant.

lindisfel

Expert
That's some machine you have, Dunelm!
D.

View attachment 43052

View attachment 43053

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are making the most of today. Late on parade again, more about why later.

A 6.5 on the meter of mystery and misbehaving this morning.

Yesterday Mrs J gave me permission to go out on the bike again today, so fresh faced I did 40 minutes plinky plonky practice then got into my bike gear heading west , first stop was the old market town of Wantage with the statue of Alfred the Great and an open early Costa koffy. Then cross country to Hungerford another old market town, then home to Tilehurst Towers via yet another market town Newbury total distance 70.5 miles. The bike is now sleeping soundly in the garage.
Well fellow posters and painters make the most of what's left of today, Mrs J will now keep me occupied for the rest of today.

Attachments

• received_357139329025362.jpeg
    received_357139329025362.jpeg
    776.3 KB · Views: 89

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are making the most of today. Late on parade again, more about why later.

Yesterday Mrs J gave me permission to go out on the bike again today, so fresh faced I did 40 minutes plinky plonky practice then got into my bike gear heading west , first stop was the old market town of Wantage with the statue of Alfred the Great and an open early Costa koffy. Then cross country to Hungerford another old market town, then home to Tilehurst Towers via yet another market town Newbury total distance 70.5 miles. The bike is now sleeping soundly in the garage.
Well fellow posters and painters make the most of what's left of today, Mrs J will now keep me occupied for the rest of today.

Absolutely brilliant @alf_Josiah
Love your bike!

lindisfel

Expert
You guys have some mean machines.
I had at 650cc big twin but that was in 1959 and bikes have changed a lot since then.
I am afraid I was fairly wild.
D.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well hi all my fbg this morning was 4.8 on both Libre and Caresens Dual so seems reasonably reliable.

Yesterday late afternoon had a mystery spike of 12.0 no reason that I could discern no eating of high carb food or any other food for that matter bloods had been fairly level up to that point as I say just a mystery.

lindisfel

Expert

Hokusai again.

View attachment 43054
"Hey ho, said Anthony Roly!"

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
John's little chap in a black velvet waistcoat has been pushing piles of perfect compost up overnight and old brock has left another pile in his latrine for me to tread in near our shed in the back garden.
Thats country living for you! :)
D.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hokusai again.

View attachment 43054
I do.like your frog very much.