What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Dunelm,
Lived at Great Ayton for six months and worked all over your area, plus working in the background of your scene, but its gone now.

I bet that machine makes short work of Sutton Bank.
D.
Thank you - just back from Whitby with Mrs Miggins who treated me to a lunch of half a lobster cooked with king prawns and garlic.

Picture taken from West Cliff. Whitby Abbey behind the 12th C Christ of St Mary on opposite cliff top.

View attachment 43056

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

Just been a walk around our produce growing areas and it's so frustrating, on the cucumber plants we have 12 beautiful female flowers and no male. Over the past week we have already lost 4 female flowers, nature!

A fine start to the day here so a Muddy Bike Ride is first on the agenda for a couple of hours then who knows what the day will bring my way.

Make the day special if you can. Keep Safe.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
650am FBG 6.2
Went to bed early, woke up two hours later, unable to return to sleep and eventually succumbed to midnight snack. 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter. Would this have pushed FBG up? Dinner was a bit late as well.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

Just been a walk around our produce growing areas and it's so frustrating, on the cucumber plants we have 12 beautiful female flowers and no male. Over the past week we have already lost 4 female flowers, nature!

Make the day special if you can. Keep Safe.
@Muddy Cyclist Someone told me the male flowers come first, so to ensure pollination plant the seeds in two batches about a fortnight apart. It's certainly worked on my courgettes. Maybe would on cucumbers too. Something to try anyway.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 this morning which is probably because of all the walking we did yesterday through the woodland at Oxburgh Hall.

The dogs love their walks around National Trust properties and since they reopened Archie our chocolate Labrador has been really reluctant to go back to the car after the walk.

I thought it was because he wanted to carry on walking but yesterday I realised that he missed going to the cafe after the walk. He was so.happy that the cafe was open - even though it was seating outside only. He was quite happy then to go home and it was the same at Felbrigg last week.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a very busy few days had Georgia here for a long weekend & my efforts to entertain her were exhausting...fortunately my little neighbour Liv & her delved into Tik Tok and that did the trick...rushed this morning Anti-coagulant clinic fingers crossed for a decent number...woke to a 6.5...no time for artwork & posts will catch up on those later...keep safe everyone.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A fairly bland 6.3
And temp 36.1

Nothing to really add, expect whoop whoop to two fellow bikers.
Lovely bikes, all brushed off and warmed up, ready for those ride outs.

And if shielding, what a great way to get back out to the great outdoors, and become accustomed to the new normal.

Liking the Alfred pic @alf_Josiah ..on a bit of a history kick at the moment so interesting stuff

And @dunelm loving the "aerial" view.

That sort of view struck me, the first time on a Lads holiday gran can, and we went up mountain, and we looked down on clouds rolling across such a plain, below us.

No plane window view has come close to that moment for me.

Glad you both got out and felt that wind in your face
Now plenty of time to refresh those road skills so you can enjoy the most that summer 2020 has to offer..:D
Thanks @jjraak - it’s great to be out again and we do have some wonderful roads throughout the UK to explore. Presently though, I will be sticking to the familiar round the North Yorkshire Moors and The Yorkshire Dales for a while.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 this morning

Sunday again and the village was full for most of the day, the campsite full of tents and mobile homes, the car parks full, lots of kids paddling and a couple of noisy jetskis faffing about at great speed round the bay :)

Such is life ;)

Chicken and veggie bake for lunch over at mum's and then a quick dash to mow the remaining half of a patch of grass before the showers arrived.
Did we make it before the rain started?.. we did not :hilarious: it was a close call though and the mowing got done before the rain got too heavy :D

Looks like some splendid freedom rides today ;) Good for you for making the most of what offers :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - words of wisdom :)

@dunelm - handsome sketch, you really have a good eye for balance in a composition :)

@Alien Aspie - hope your venture into watercolour brings you joy, mine has :joyful: (mostly :sorry::D )

@gennepher - yep, we tend to stay indoor out of the way too if there are lots of people about.
a lovely, lively frog you've given us today, just like one we saw earlier in the week, same pose too ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - sounds like a good meal and a good time was had :joyful:

My hands are quite small so I never progressed beyong fairly easy stuff on the tenor recorder, my dad bought a set of three when my sister began playing the treble at school, my brother played the alto and we never really progressed beyond simple group stuff but it was fun :angelic:

Sound beginning there for what looks like an interesting picture to come, I'm only gradually beginning to realise that it's ok to walk away from a part complete picture and come back to it again, but then I tend to work on a smaller scale than you do :)

art bit - sketch in inktense pencils again and a touch of white gel pen on the stamens, these pencils produce very saturated colour when you wet them.

View attachment 43059
Thank you for your compliment and a wonderful composition of a poppy - such detailed shading - good stuff.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dunelm,
Lived at Great Ayton for six months and worked all over your area, plus working in the background of your scene, but its gone now.

I bet that machine makes short work of Sutton Bank.
D.
Yes, it’s pretty good living round here - North Yorkshire Moors on our doorstep (literally) and some fine coastline. Sutton Bank - not a problem and I have been up and down what local cyclists call ‘the chain breaker’ - the 1 in 3 Chimney Bank out of Rosedale on many an occasion - it shares the title of steepest tarmac road in England with Hardknott Pass in the Lake District. Will be tackling it this week all being well.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, straight 6.0 from me to start the week.

Trying to get a doctor 'callback' this morning, woke up with a really tight chest. Luckily I keep a pack of steroids for such things which get replenished by my doc. Hopefully, it's just a simple infection or allergy response.

Enjoy the day :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Cooler here today but the area is parched. Fbg on Libre 4.7 but who really knows? - that level seems ok. No issues with red meat kickback, avoided the new potatoes and carrots - although, local or not, as we are in August they were new a long time ago so that made it less of a sacrifice. No apple sauce for me but I did dabble in the old gravy waltz and I do seem to be Able (not Cole) to hack sensible amounts of roast onion. Great starts @Krystyna23040, @karen8967 and @Muddy Cyclist - liking the tour of the garden. Useful tips on courgettes @SlimLizzy. Peanut butter and raised bg? Can't help there - another food on the no effort whatsoever to avoid list for me. Toodle Pip chums.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another fine day in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a hot, then slow and then another bit of hot roasted of belly pork with some red cabbage and cauliflower mash came in at 5.2 this am - soft and yet crispy all at the same time.

Not a lot going on today. Mrs Miggins and our daughter are off the the great yellow and blue Scandinavian cathedral to the glory of DIY furniture and meatballs as daughter want’s a few things. A bit like being in the generation game, walking on a static conveyor belt and wearing a mask and all the cuddly toys stacked in one place - what am I going on about.

Anyhow. It’s my mother’s birthday today so I attempted goldfish and a bit of calligraphy - According the The Chinese Calligraphy Bible by Yat-Ming Cathy Ho it says “Happy Birthday Mom”.

@SlimLizzy - I can tolerate a spoon of peanut butter as long as the spoon is small enough to go into the jar. Great tip on growing courgettes.

Hope everyone has a great day, may be out on my bike later if the weather holds and my body stops it’s whining. Koffy,
upload_2020-8-3_7-53-35.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Trying to get a doctor 'callback' this morning, woke up with a really tight chest. Luckily I keep a pack of steroids for such things which get replenished by my doc. Hopefully, it's just a simple infection or allergy response.

Good fbg so hopefully your diagnosis is correct. Should surely be an excellent reason for Her Ladyship to allow you to rest? Take care Sir.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Good luck with the callback and I hope that your diagnosis is correct.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. Cooler here today but the area is parched. Fbg on Libre 4.7 but who really knows - that level seems ok. No issues with red meat kickback, avoided the new potatoes and carrots - although local or not as we are in August they were new a long time ago so that made it less of a sacrifice. No apple sauce for me but I did dabble in the old gravy waltz and I do seem to be Able (not Cole) to hack sensible amounts of roast onion. Great starts @Krystyna23040, @karen8967 and @Muddy Cyclist - liking the tour of the garden. Useful tips on courgettes @SlimLizzy. Peanut butter and raised bg? Can't help there - another food on the no effort whatsoever to avoid list for me. Toodle Pip chums.
@ianpspurs don't think it was the peanut butter, usually an acceptable snack, probably more the timing of it, interrupting the nightly fast.
Edited to add, peanut butter I have is sugar free.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hope everything okay @Alien Aspie