What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 for me today :) - raining at the moment here - it wasn't supposed to - to dry up in the afternoon, so I may still get a washing out and dried today I hope as rain is forecast for Tuesday & Wednesday.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 for me
FB_IMG_1596475128151.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 (according to Libre) for me - more chorizo ( W...., obs) last night:angelic: Bumped along 4s nicely all night and scales ok with the extra - not everything about this is (always) dire.

Chiefy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2D!!
Morning all. 4.8 this morning. Hasn’t been this low for some time so very pleased, especially as I’m still on steroids.

Reactions: philchap1

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 (according to Libre) for me - more chorizo ( W...., obs) last night:angelic: Bumped along 4s nicely all night and scales ok with the extra - not everything about this is (always) dire.

I had to read this last bit twice. ;-) joking aside, good to hear you are finding something positive about low carb.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 on my libre. Double checked with finger prick. 5.6. So i guess its 5.6 then. Not bad considering we used Boris' voucher for a late night meal. Booked in at 8pm. So busy didn't get food til gone 9pm. Low carb heaven. Fillet steak, peppercorn sauce and a small salad. Red wine. ;-) Looks like his plan is working.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.8 this morning. Finally. I ate carrot cake at 9 pm. Then had a tough battle to land my blood sugars. I eat keto so don't have enough background to cover faster-acting carbohydrates. Lucky I have an MM which alarms. Was it worth it? The jury's still out.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Finally. I ate carrot cake at 9 pm. Then had a tough battle to land my blood sugars. I eat keto so don't have enough background to cover faster-acting carbohydrates. Lucky I have an MM which alarms. Was it worth it? The jury's still out.
Hug is for the journey. IMHO no need for a jury on carrot cake - it is just wrong on so many levels:angelic: keto not far behind I don't have T1 or use insulin so whatever you do/eat has my complete admiration.

Last edited: