What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@Muddy Cyclist

I didn't stagger the planting of either cucumbers or cornichons and both had meagre crops. So will have to remember they also need a similar approach.

MrSlim has hired a digger.

He is tidying the drive and garden

I wanted to put a video, but it wouldn't let me,
20200803_154216.jpeg
20200803_153632.jpeg

Reactions: HarryBeau

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
We just have to make the best of the deck we are served Ian, and not mess it up too much to get sorted.
Problem is, family members can throw stuff you didn't know was coming your way!

But I agree, it not fair, but that's not the deal! :)
D.

If only fate wasn't a bottom dealing card sharp.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist

I didn't stagger the planting of either cucumbers or cornichons and both had meagre crops. So will have to remember they also need a similar approach.

MrSlim has hired a digger.

He is tidying the drive and garden

I wanted to put a video, but it wouldn't let me,View attachment 43074View attachment 43075
Proper boys toy. Do they do them in other colours ?- never red for me (look at the username):angelic:

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I've had to postpone our walk in Hardwick park today instead spent several hours trying to fix a broken washing machine which I'm afraid was beyond help, so had to shell out for a new one which should be here on Wednesday so will try for the walk tomorrow all being well may help with bg levels you never know.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've had to postpone our walk in Hardwick park today instead spent several hours trying to fix a broken washing machine which I'm afraid was beyond help, so had to shell out for a new one which should be here on Wednesday so will try for the walk tomorrow all being well may help with bg levels you never know.
Washing machine, luxury. Growing up I heard stories of someone in the next county with one. Should be lighter after that - at least in the wallet.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.7 this morning

a quiet day at home today, spent some time doing kitchen stuff but haven't done much else :sorry:
A bit of a grey day but not much rain :)

Looked out of the window this morning to see a young hare foraging in the weed patch we call our garden :joyful: mr gee managed to get a quick pic of it before it loped away :) I may try a sketch of it at some point if I'm feeling brave enough (all that fine hair on a hare :D).

Quite nice to get a few pottering jobs done today :angelic:
Got a phone call from the groomer to say that she is working again so Katy will be going for a clip next Monday, we have done some trimming ourselves so she doesn't look too much like a walking mophead :hilarious:
upload_2020-8-3_20-23-5.jpeg

Sounds like lots of happy and rewarding outdoor trips, bike rides and walks are being undertaken now, I'm just glad we're getting the chance before the season turns again :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Alien Aspie - glad that you're feeling a bit better and hoping that it clears up quickly for you :)

@SlimLizzy - mr gee is envying you the little digger :hilarious:

@gennepher - shame your trip was so soggy, but it's good that you got to see that lovely calm little church :)
Nice seascape with the saturated azure sea that belongs to hot weather :)

@dunelm - what a nice idea for a birthday and what a lovely set of goldfish, once again a very strong composition :)

@Muddy Cyclist - glad that your injury isn't keeping you away from your riding :joyful:

art bit -
after the poppies I'm back to working on my foreground ;)
upload_2020-8-3_20-41-32.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - glad that your injury isn't keeping you away from your riding :joyful:

art bit -
Thank you, I have turned a nice shade of yellow on my chest but it's not hurting anymore so Ride not a problem.
Your foreground is good but also the horizon and sky is very well painted, nice seascape/landscape.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have finished my watercolour from yesterday of the Willow Trees on Sherbrooke Stream, A4 size about 90 minutes in total. I wanted the water much calmer with clear reflections but a mistake with a dry brush meant I had to give it some movement....
IMG_3588.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

was 4.7 this morning

a quiet day at home today, spent some time doing kitchen stuff but haven't done much else :sorry:
A bit of a grey day but not much rain :)

Looked out of the window this morning to see a young hare foraging in the weed patch we call our garden :joyful: mr gee managed to get a quick pic of it before it loped away :) I may try a sketch of it at some point if I'm feeling brave enough (all that fine hair on a hare :D).

Quite nice to get a few pottering jobs done today :angelic:
Got a phone call from the groomer to say that she is working again so Katy will be going for a clip next Monday, we have done some trimming ourselves so she doesn't look too much like a walking mophead :hilarious:
View attachment 43077

Sounds like lots of happy and rewarding outdoor trips, bike rides and walks are being undertaken now, I'm just glad we're getting the chance before the season turns again :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Alien Aspie - glad that you're feeling a bit better and hoping that it clears up quickly for you :)

@SlimLizzy - mr gee is envying you the little digger :hilarious:

@gennepher - shame your trip was so soggy, but it's good that you got to see that lovely calm little church :)
Nice seascape with the saturated azure sea that belongs to hot weather :)

@dunelm - what a nice idea for a birthday and what a lovely set of goldfish, once again a very strong composition :)

art bit -
View attachment 43078

Thank you @geefull

A beautiful soothing peaceful seascape. I like it very much.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have finished my watercolour from yesterday of the Willow Trees on Sherbrooke Stream, A4 size about 90 minutes in total. I wanted the water much calmer with clear reflections but a mistake with a dry brush meant I had to give it some movement....
View attachment 43079
This is absolutely gorgeous @Muddy Cyclist
Wonderful detail.
It is perfect!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another fine day in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a hot, then slow and then another bit of hot roasted of belly pork with some red cabbage and cauliflower mash came in at 5.2 this am - soft and yet crispy all at the same time.

Not a lot going on today. Mrs Miggins and our daughter are off the the great yellow and blue Scandinavian cathedral to the glory of DIY furniture and meatballs as daughter want’s a few things. A bit like being in the generation game, walking on a static conveyor belt and wearing a mask and all the cuddly toys stacked in one place - what am I going on about.

Anyhow. It’s my mother’s birthday today so I attempted goldfish and a bit of calligraphy - According the The Chinese Calligraphy Bible by Yat-Ming Cathy Ho it says “Happy Birthday Mom”.

@SlimLizzy - I can tolerate a spoon of peanut butter as long as the spoon is small enough to go into the jar. Great tip on growing courgettes.

Hope everyone has a great day, may be out on my bike later if the weather holds and my body stops it’s whining. Koffy,
View attachment 43063

A wonderful birthday card for your mother @dunelm

That is a really beautiful book by Cathy Wu isn’t it.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is absolutely gorgeous @Muddy Cyclist
Wonderful detail.
It is perfect!
Thank you, not sure on the perfect accolade, you as a fellow artist know in our own eyes perfection is hardly ever achieved but we keep striving to reach it. :)

Since doing this painting a day for the year, I must have done more as in my Srt Room I now have over 100 mounted A4 watercolour paintings plus all the not good enough to mount ones in folders, no idea what to do with them all..:joyful:
image.jpg Still room for pleanty more. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

Have to accompany Mrs MC to a hospital appointment at midday, impressive as she only spoke to the doctor on telephone diagnosis from photograph less than 14 days ago. A small cell damaged area on hair line she keeps catching with hair brush.

Make you days count, be as adventurous as you are able. Keep safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, not sure on the perfect accolade, you as a fellow artist know in our own eyes perfection is hardly ever achieved but we keep striving to reach it. :)

Since doing this painting a day for the year, I must have done more as in my Srt Room I now have over 100 mounted A4 watercolour paintings plus all the not good enough to mount ones in folders, no idea what to do with them all..:joyful:
View attachment 43083 Still room for pleanty more. :)

That is good there is room for many more @Muddy Cyclist
:)

I will tell you why I used the word perfect.
The moment I looked at it, I could see it was a painting I would hang on my wall. There are very few paintings I hang on my wall. That one I could. It immediately invites me into the painting, both the child me and the adult me. I can sit in the shade of the cool trees, and then go wandering into the unknown light to forgotten places. I can get lost in that painting...

So, for me, that painting is perfect.