What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning.

Chest is relatively ok, still a bit wheezy but temp is nice at 35.3. The doctor did not call back so I have to do the whole thing again today, not like them as usually they are spot on.

Enjoy your day :)

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Off on our early morning dog walk shortly, then to the farm to pick up milk and eggs. Then on to Gooderstone Water Gardens - Archie the dog will be happy that the cafe is now open.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi John,
Dont forget to disinfect the delivery man!

Since I've mysteriously got old, when I was not looking, I find heavy white goods difficult to lift in and out of position.

Oh of course your grandson is a strong lad!
Atb
Derek

Well I've had to postpone our walk in Hardwick park today instead spent several hours trying to fix a broken washing machine which I'm afraid was beyond help, so had to shell out for a new one which should be here on Wednesday so will try for the walk tomorrow all being well may help with bg levels you never know.

lindisfel

Expert
4.9 this morning. Off on our early morning dog walk shortly, then to the farm to pick up milk and eggs. Then on to Gooderstone Water Gardens - Archie the dog will be happy that the cafe is now open.
I am never witout my three eggs every morning. Every other day I have them scrambled in butter. Do them the way I learnt from a chef in the States. Mixed, put in frying pan with large piece of butter and mixed up with wooden skillet.
They taste great, I never get tired of eggs and just 1 carb each.
Best wishes
D.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good, cooler morning everyone. My fbg was obviously something but perhaps none of numbers Libre offered up: 4.4 or 4.6 or, after a comfort break, 5.1 or any number you prefer. All ok, nighttime worm fairly flat (no red for 2 nights) courtesy of Waitrose chorizo (only bought 3 so need to restock - check Ocado or visit Newmarket?), scales happy with my choices (dump iron tabs and vits, head back towards 73 kg - coincidence?) . Loving the new (for me) normal routine: deal with pups, Pet Clark Thank you, Morning has broken (Yusuf Islam/Cat Stevens), C of E morning worship, 1600 mls tea and lots of steps. Almond milk latte with SF caramel @11.00 ish. Problems come with anything LC which is not a skinny bread sandwich (chicken breast and Holy Moly smashed avo is a revelation) or mackerel and avo salad. Oh well, what can't be cured must be endured. Must go now, tea won't drink itself and fitbit doesn't like me doing this. I hope the Drs ring back today @Alien Aspie; hope you and Archie have a great time @Krystyna23040; @lindisfel enjoy your eggs - prefer mine atop toast and smashed avo but never the same since our hens ended up in a/some fox(es) at the last house. Toodle pip my dear old things - can't beat some Blowers in your life.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2
Temp 35.5

I planned my little trip in the car from yesterday afternoon (when my feminine outdoors toilet aids arrived from Amazon) , and I checked the weather apps for today from both here and my intended destination. The weather app said lovely fine sunny days for both. So I left at 5 am this morning.

It was initially a fine lovely morning, but then torrential rain came down on the Expressway. I never drive in torrential rain. My car was new just before lockdown, so, I have never driven it anywhere except to the local shops. And it and I have never had a long run together, so I was a bit apprehensive anyway.

I decided to continue my trip because the torrential rain is not going to continue...is it?

It never stopped.

My destination was the sandy beach and a paddle in the sea. And to find a tiny church and holy well.

I got to the beach but the torrential rain wouldn't stop. So no paddle, I was soaked anyway. I had bought my iPad and I was going to try a sketch on Procreate of the beach and sea. But no chance in this rain.

I went to look for the tiny church. I was lucky I found it. I wasn't expecting in these coronavirus times to be able to get inside it. But I was in luck. By now, I am a drowned rat.

Here is the church. It is literally on the side of the road embankment.

View attachment 43067
The sky kept going from blue, to black torrential rain.
Here is a bit of info on the church. I think it is the smallest in the British Isles.
View attachment 43068
Inside the church it seats only 6 people, and the holy well is in front of the altar, but it is covered with a metal sheet.
View attachment 43069

Torrential rain all the way home. I didn't dry out in the car. I am in bed now with a warm cat and electric blanket and all I want to do is sleep.

The feminine aids for toileting (whichI needed because no toilets open at the mo) were really a moot point today in all that rain. But they did work...

When I got home I found the car had used a full quarter tank of fuel??? What? It was full when I left this morning. I was too cold and tired to fill it when I got home, but I will fill the tank next time I go out, and then I will know what my little jaunt cost me...

Guess what, clear blue skies outside and sun, not a hint of rain here...

What an interesting post. We have passed that by so many times traveling to Snowdonia so must stop there the next time. Thank you for letting us know about it.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I worked on transmitters, Dunhelm, so I went up and down some very hairy roads, especially in winter. It all made the job more interesting, especially when using employer's Range Rover and having to charge snowdrifts.
D.
I do like a Range Rover for comfort. When I worked in East Africa we had one but with a Perkins engine and more industrial suspension - a bit like a tractor with a sitting room on top.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Painting for today in ZenBrush2 on iPhone

Sleeping cat...

6D7861CB-AC0B-4B59-B49D-E52564A4D7F6.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A wonderful birthday card for your mother @dunelm

That is a really beautiful book by Cathy Wu isn’t it.
Thank you. Yes it really is a wonderful book to have. My mother put it in the post for me a couple of weeks ago and asked me to try copying some of the illustrations towards the back and then begin looking at the calligraphy.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am never witout my three eggs every morning. Every other day I have them scrambled in butter. Do them the way I learnt from a chef in the States. Mixed, put in frying pan with large piece of butter and mixed up with wooden skillet.
They taste great, I never get tired of eggs and just 1 carb each.
Best wishes
D.
yes - I agree that scrambled eggs done this way are delicious. I started doing them this way after reading an article by a chef.

You can imagine how horrible my scrambled eggs were when I was on a low fat diet. Equally as horrible were steamed veggies - which I ate for years. What joy - veggies stir fried in butter.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an odd start to the week slept so badly on Sunday was shattered yesterday...bed at 1am up at just after 5am had a clinic appointment already rearranged three times so didn't go back to bed in case I overslept...clinic appointment done a quick trip to the shops then rush home for the garden man...three hours later the beast of a hedge cut all debris removed this chap works so hard and turns up on time he's a keeper...I have a mountain of paperwork to do & must do some housework even if that's only to assuage my guilt...haven't tested this morning...completely forgot sitting here in the quiet enjoying the coffee so far a good start to the day...the beasts are out in the garden exploring all the new avenues to next doors garden created now the hedge is cut...expect to hear 'Plumpy' after them shortly...keep safe everyone.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of a damp squib in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Swedish meatballs with leftover cauliflower mash and red cabbage trotted home at 5.3 this am

A walk into town yesterday to do a spot of foraging. Interesting how some shops have things under control and help for the bewildered and some just seem to have hired all the bewildered in the area and then drugged them.

Not sure about today - some back pain so probably be lying on an exercise mat quite soon and then doing some stretching.

@gennepher - loved the jolly sea scene, wonderful colours - did you add the brushes to procreate? The sleeping cat is very zen, wonderful brush stroke to get the cat.
@geefull - smashing water colour - full of calmness
@Muddy Cyclist - Wow - I like it a lot and such detail. Dark and dangerous and at the same time friendly and inviting on a hot day. Nice bike BTW.

@ianpspurs - I had to look up the Holy Moley - probably not traveling this far north but will have a look. I do like sumac on my avocado - chicken as well sounds good.

Another quick sketch this morning - trying to just do it rather than ponder over it. This from instructions by Cathy Ho
upload_2020-8-4_9-39-47.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Something positive on a day when your patience must have been exasperated

It was a hard day doing that longer distance driving for the first time in months in bad, hard to see the vehicle in front weather conditions on the Expressway.

But I have done it now @HarryBeau