Realistic keto?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It does take some time for it all to come together. Everyone’s different.
I still have some weight to loose but I am happy with my BG.
Do you have a BG meter?
Yes I do. Its that that shows me everything is rising, slowly but rising. Average was 6.2 now 6.9. I haven't seen anything beginning with a 5 in the past 3 weeks. Before that my fasting was usually in the 5s.
Hence why I'm looking at IF and/or what else to change :(

Hotpepper20000

Yes I do. Its that that shows me everything is rising, slowly but rising. Average was 6.2 now 6.9. I haven't seen anything beginning with a 5 in the past 3 weeks. Before that my fasting was usually in the 5s.
Hence why I'm looking at IF and/or what else to change :(
That must be so frustrating. I found that not eating in the morning helped me. Cutting out all grains even if is low carb. Also any legumes.
I found both spikes my blood sugar disproportionately to the quantity I consumed.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find the food simple, if there's no pernickity rules. I just wish I would have the same weight loss and bg lowering that you've had!
I'm hoping when the bg comes down and i lose bit more that I can settle into steady woe, but at the moments need to find something that gets me progressing downwards.

That might take time. My own weight loss was very slow to start with. Was kick started about 7 or 8 months after diagnosis when, by circumstance, I fell into longer fasts - one meal most days over a 2 week period when on holiday. Came home 10 pounds lighter and went from there.

Also believe me, every single one of the success stories on here has periods where they struggle or go backwards a bit. It’s easy to think that there’s a straight and easy path that you’re somehow not finding. There isn’t. You’re doing all the right things and being proactive which suggests to me you’re going to find a way that suits you.

Reactions: MrsA2

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
howwethink.jpg

glitter queen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the great thing for me with KETO and low carb is the simplicity.
Protein, above ground vegetables and full fat dairy.
I didn’t buy fancy flours and low carb pasta. I lost 60 pounds And have had a A1C under 40 for 2 years with out being too detailed about it all.
I think the great thing for me with KETO and low carb is the simplicity.
Protein, above ground vegetables and full fat dairy.
I didn’t buy fancy flours and low carb pasta. I lost 60 pounds And have had a A1C under 40 for 2 years with out being too detailed about it all.
Wow! A1c of under 40! If u dont mind me asking, are you T1 or 2 please?