What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Digger yesterday and chainsaw today. Proper boys toys envy. I Stihl have a chainsaw but no digger:angelic:.
He is using the chainsaw to cut surplus and rotten oak timbers into manageable size. Then digger to load them onto the trailer
20200804_123520.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Alice Roberts was speculating this morning on R4. that because Neanderthals had cave art first, we Sapiens learnt art from the Neanderthals.
Interesting, I would of thought the creation of tools, some knapped very artistically, with skills by all species of humans would indicate it is inherent in Neanderthals, Sapiens and other large brained humans like Denisovans.

Of course we do have some Neanderthal genes in our genetic make up.
D.
I do like her programmes - together with such as Neil Oliver, Lucy Worsley and David Olusoga they are digging deep into our history and unraveling some of the sanitised and somewhat biased history that I was certainly taught at school.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Digger yesterday and chainsaw today. Proper boys toys envy. I Stihl have a chainsaw but no digger:angelic:.
He is using the chainsaw to cut oak timbers into manageable size. Then digger to load them onto the trailer.
Watch the old handmade nails in old beams, will take the edge off any saw!
D.
Too right :arghh:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
He is using the chainsaw to cut oak timbers into manageable size. Then digger to load them onto the trailer.
Very Lou Reed - forget the walk in the park mawkish nonsense that's a proper man's perfect day. Put the kettle on luv:angelic:
Ahem! Just who is helping here?
MrSlim is actually impressed at my improved level of fitness. Go and make tea !:cyclops:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I am never witout my three eggs every morning. Every other day I have them scrambled in butter. Do them the way I learnt from a chef in the States. Mixed, put in frying pan with large piece of butter and mixed up with wooden skillet.
They taste great, I never get tired of eggs and just 1 carb each.
Best wishes
D.
My white goods carrying grandson does his eggs that way only 12 at a time.

Fbg this morning I decided was 5.2 as got readings on Libre of 8.6 at about 2 in the morning then at 5 AM 6.7 and then at 7 AM 5.2 and that's the the one I picked.

lindisfel

Expert
I do like a Range Rover for comfort. When I worked in East Africa we had one but with a Perkins engine and more industrial suspension - a bit like a tractor with a sitting room on top.

The ones we had, had the aerodynamics of a brick!
It was odd how the body seemed to follow the chassis round corners.
I once got all four wheels off the road on top of a large snowdrift going to a transmitter in southwest Scotland.
My assistant showed incompetence at using a shovel, so I had to do the job myself. :)
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Neanderthals domesticated the dog and had quite advanced funerary rights which imply faith/religion of some sorts. The 'odd' thing is that autistic people carry more Neanderthal genes than neurotypicals. There are lots of articles on the research but I include one here https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-06440-4.pdf?origin=ppub I took part in a research program looking at neanderthal development in autistics, fascinating stuff.

Right... here is the watercolour!

There is water and it's in colour and I never want to do another one, and yes, it had less detail to start with but my brain is having none of it :wideyed:

I know I will go back and put all the bricks in the right place :banghead:

View attachment 43095
Thanks for the interesting link and the art. Without being able to walk a mile in your shoes it is impossible (for me at least) to understand any feelings other than pride about the art. Good man for going through with it, opening up about your feelings on the process and product and sharing your art. Did the Dr get back yet?

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Neanderthals domesticated the dog and had quite advanced funerary rights which imply faith/religion of some sorts. The 'odd' thing is that autistic people carry more Neanderthal genes than neurotypicals. There are lots of articles on the research but I include one here https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-06440-4.pdf?origin=ppub I took part in a research program looking at neanderthal development in autistics, fascinating stuff.

There is water and it's in colour and I never want to do another one, and yes, it had less detail to start with but my brain is having none of it :wideyed:

Edit to add... this is part of the bridge at Buith Wells as seen from the car park.

View attachment 43095
I absolutely love your watercolour.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Edit to add... this is part of the bridge at Buith Wells as seen from the car park.

View attachment 43095
Fascinating stuff - as far as my addled brain can determine - as humans. (Diploid organisms), some people display a range of Neanderthal or Denisova ancestral allele rather than derived allele in M1 and M2 macrophages as demonstrated from the treatment of data using Kruskal-Wallace one way anova analysis. I need to read it more. I wonder if there has been conformation results from other experiments? Might even be useful for looking at medical intervention for things as diabetes, cancer, autoimmune diseases, allergies, viruses, wound healing and on and on.

Bridge at Buith Wells - marvelous - Yes, I suppose you will not want to drop a bum note and will get those bricks in order.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if there has been conformation results from other experiments? Might even be useful for looking at medical intervention for things as diabetes, cancer, autoimmune diseases, allergies, viruses, wound healing and on and on.

There have been experiments, I took part in having my DNA sampled and the checked along with 30 other people on the spectrum. We all showed higher percentages of Neanderthal or Denisovian DNA, we also took part in helping children from estates in L'pool who were on the spectrum and tended to remain in their rooms. We all went on an 'outward bound/survival' course along with some neurotypical kids. The spectrum kids not only adapted faster but could move silently without being taught.

I can't go into the full details but part of the work determined that Neanderthals grouped in small numbers (going by burial sites etc) probably one or two males and females. As nomads they learnt to move rapidly and stealthily, and as I mentioned before had already bred social wolves (dogs). Thus, a language may not have been as important as it is to larger social groups that were formed by early homo erectus/habilis etc. Part of the conclusion was that there might have been more marked difference between Homo Sapien hunter/gatherers and Homo Sapien farmers, the latter going on to form settlements/villages/towns and cities for social presence and protection.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I managed a quick 45 minutes painting but time and life steals the day and I have to leave it. I hope I find time to carry on later but who knows so here is how far I have got. There are 4 circles of ancient Beech trees on the edge of Cannock Chase where the hills drop into the valley and Shugbourgh Estate, I suspect planted by the Anson family. I pass them often on my Mountain Bike and find the many moods they emanate enchanting, some times dark and threatening other times offering safe and secure refuges, this painting is of them in better mood, lots still to do. A4 watercolour.
View attachment 43092
It is looking good @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

builth-wells-bridge-jpg.43095
This is beautiful and brilliant @Alien Aspie
I had to laugh when you said ‘...and I never want to do another one’

Unfortunately I was nibbling cashews and drinking tea at the same time...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There have been experiments, I took part in having my DNA sampled and the checked along with 30 other people on the spectrum. We all showed higher percentages of Neanderthal or Denisovian DNA, we also took part in helping children from estates in L'pool who were on the spectrum and tended to remain in their rooms. We all went on an 'outward bound/survival' course along with some neurotypical kids. The spectrum kids not only adapted faster but could move silently without being taught.

I can't go into the full details but part of the work determined that Neanderthals grouped in small numbers (going by burial sites etc) probably one or two males and females. As nomads they learnt to move rapidly and stealthily, and as I mentioned before had already bred social wolves (dogs). Thus, a language may not have been as important as it is to larger social groups that were formed by early homo erectus/habilis etc. Part of the conclusion was that there might have been more marked difference between Homo Sapien hunter/gatherers and Homo Sapien farmers, the latter going on to form settlements/villages/towns and cities for social presence and protection.
Absolutely fascinating - the moving silently without being taught is amazing.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely fascinating - the moving silently without being taught is amazing.

We did a very unscientific survey asking aspies/auties around the world just one question... "Do you walk on your tiptoes?"

More than 85% answered 'yes'. Whether that has something to do with it I don't know.

The problem we, as neurodiverse people, have is that it is a spectrum and there is not one thing you can point at to identify us. Our 'official' statement is "when you meet one aspie you've met one aspie". We are surrounded by people who want to fix us when most aspies are happy being who they are when they are left to their own devices and not drugged up 'for their own good'.