Changing blood sugar levels.

philfatkid

Hi everyone,
My blood sugar levels have been steady for a few years now, but recently they have started going up/down and all around, i have not changed my eating/drinking habits, and still exersise at least 3 time a week, went to see my doc who said sometimes this just happens ? not very reassuring.
I had my evening meal last night ( stew, mostly chicken and veg a few potatos ) and 2 hours later my blood reading was 11.5, but this morning it was 5.8, my main questions are, has any one else had their blood sugars change for no reason ? and what sort of figures do peoples blood sugars go up to after a meal ?

ClaireG 06

Have you been under any stress lately or been ill? Could you be coming down with something? All these are things that make my blood sugars unstable.

philfatkid

ClaireG 06 said:
Have you been under any stress lately or been ill? Could you be coming down with something? All these are things that make my blood sugars unstable.

Under no stress at all, feel fine and dandy, hence the puzzlement at the change in my readings, my last HBa1c was 7.2, but testing through the day was ok ? so they upped my Metformin and since then my sugars have been all over the place.