Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon! I've had a whirling dervish morning, which resulted in all the ground floor outside windows, doors and frames getting cleaned, the shed having its annual-ish clear out and de-cobweb, the garden stuff done before bin day tomorrow, the de-nailing of a pile of deceased fence wood (it's only been waiting since 2016 and Storm Doris) and an eventual realisation that basal is a good idea after all that activity didn't budge me below the 10.3 I woke up on... only 4 hours late. But it's the last time I will do any of those jobs (other than mowing) until the council achieves the promised demolition job at the end of the back garden - today being the first day of the two months time frame they've told us it will happen. @kev-w, I could do with a trip to the tip... they won't let me load up the shopping trolley and walk-up with stuff I need to get there.

This afternoon, once I've had my lunch, it's the turn of the inside ground floor windows, the last bits of the two Venetian blinds for their occasional wash, (before the piano pupils ask why I've got clothes pegs on them... it's where I left off when I started the job about three weeks ago then ran out of enthusiasm for finishing!) then possibly collapse in a heap.

I have a feeling the fact I am meant to be going on holiday soon and it's looking very promising that it really will be happening has shot my general energy levels up! I've not been further than 3 miles from home for 136 days.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Love the clothes peg idea @Japes Hope you get your holiday. We have 10 days booked at the beginning of November in Norfolk. Seems an awful long way off.
Wish appointments for tip had finished in Leeds @kev-w. Quite a drive to our tip and usually do it on the way somewhere else.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Love the clothes peg idea @Japes Hope you get your holiday. We have 10 days booked at the beginning of November in Norfolk. Seems an awful long way off.
Wish appointments for tip had finished in Leeds @kev-w. Quite a drive to our tip and usually do it on the way somewhere else.

If I'm doing the "clean every slat individually" version of the blinds job, rather than a quick wipe against the window, then clean the window, I always have to take it in stages as my fingers generally don't like the fiddliness of it for too long. So, I put a couple of clothes pegs on the one I did last in the hopes they will irritate me enough to get on with the next bit sooner rather than later. Preferably before visitors comment...

Given the only people who have been in the house in the last 136 days are the two piano pupils, their mum, and also back in June the boiler man, the impetus to finish some jobs has been low. However, my next house guest is far less likely to be reticent about voicing a view about clothes pegs on blinds. Or indeed may remove them without thinking they are there for a purpose! The younger piano pupil is also lacking in reticence about voicing an opinion, (and did so the first week they were there) but has been trained not to move things in my house.

If, by any horrid chance, the holiday doesn't go ahead there is a plan B.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who is guilty of doing this ME more than once
FB_IMG_1596475183468.jpg

Reactions: Clivethedrive

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who is guilty of doing this ME more than once View attachment 43073

Now it's not that many days ago I had a nasty spike after tea just like you'd get missing an injection, this was similar as I'd clipped the needle but not changed it :banghead:

Anyway, good evening, steady away with my bloods but need to switch back into training mode as it's gone :p 4 months off and I've developed a strong laziness if I'm honest, but it'll go this week or it needs to be gone this week so we'll see what highs and lows come from the pleasure.

My workshop's become a storage shed and the house has a lot less clutter but I've a back wall to get rid of yet from last August when I fitted French windows although there's no rush, someone may want it as hardcore written hopefully. The next job's the living room with the prep work in the hallway as I go as I don't want the dust coming downstairs once I've wallpapered but am enjoying a change for a few days.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Dearie me... after the whirlwind of energy on Monday, I was a bit more sedate yesterday - but it seems the life admin tasks are less demanding in these times. Or I've been keeping on top of the checking receipts/bank statements as I've gone along since the end of financial year sort out in April. What's usually a few hours' task of emptying the box I store them in until I file them took just half an hour yesterday as I'd already sorted the receipts to go with the correct bank statement before throwing them into the box. I didn't even start the extra strong coffee which usually accompanies this.

Then, I had a look at the church admin tasks - they're really well and truly up to date until Christmas, other than a little bit of printing. I resisted the temptation to start on the work for 2021 since I now have the basics of the information to get the three master sheets and two annual sign up rotas in order ready for filling in.

Next up was the music lessons admin - yep, likewise. All up to date. Just some tracks to record for when I'm away to encourage some practise of exam pieces as well as the more exciting own choice out of term time stuff!

When a plan for today emerges, I'll let you know!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Been awake since 4 and up since 5! Must be the excitement, am having my hair done today. I usually have it done every 6-7 weeks as it grows very quickly and I like it short. Not been since beginning of March. It is thick and tends to grow out instead of down. Had the nickname Crystal Tips when I tried to grow at school. (Cartoon character with voluminous hair) it is also no longer blonde lol!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
Madam BG doing its usual with help from the liver. 3.7 on waking and 5.1 in 30mins. I was lucky it was a low start today so hasn't gone off into the stratosphere. Dawn dump every single day without fail.
We're off for a pre 30th anniversary lunch today and am looking forward to something special. We haven't been out since April!!

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, steady away waking on a 6 something rising to 6.9 and I'm still to eat shortly, I think I've got my youngest for the night, her first stay in a few weeks as there was no bog door and piles of debris, her new cabinet has shampoo and things in now :) so she'll test the bathroom on arrival with me stood downstairs with a mop and sponge ready for leaks.

My back to exercise ride went pear shaped, nearly 3 miles into a bike ride in shorts and t shirt I was rudely interrupted by heavy rain and although my return was faster than the outbound bit I didn't ride very far :banghead:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i always inject 2 units before i get up regardless of readings seems to work for me otherwise i get a 3mmol rise or more and if i dont eat breakfast my bgs continue rising till i eat :banghead:

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
A nice 5.6 upon awakening, waiting for FOTF to start since DP didn't!!! Vet appointment for my dog today, follow up check on an eyelid infection she has/had. Her eye is a lot better but she's not completely over it. I was happy I had stuck a miao miao on her as for a few days when it first started, her numbers kept trying to climb. The first night we were woken up with the tomato ap going off and her Bg at 30.6...So a quick correction shot for her. I had slept through the first rounds I guess of the soft pings of the tomato ap. It has now been switched to a loud song. Heart and Soul by TPAU, I defy myself sleeping through that!

Reactions: SueJB and karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I have been frustrated lately. So many dogs have uncontrolled high blood sugar and vets and people don't seem to have knowledge that Humalog can be used on dogs to bring down blood sugars when they are high. This isn't a problem for a few days, I'm talking about the ones that are staying high for weeks on end. So many lose their eyesight too. And so many die.

So I figure this is as good as any place to start to tell people and maybe if they ever run into someone with a dog with uncontrolled Bg levels they will be able to say something to them. I know someone that used Toujeo on their dog because none of the regular "dog" insulins were working at all and the toujeo worked great and their dog is doing well now.

The more knowledge out there the better!

Here are a couple of articles.
https://dogcare.dailypuppy.com/humalog-dogs-5045.html
https://endocrinevet.blogspot.com/2010/11/insulin-choices-for-diabetic-cat-and.html
https://endocrinevet.blogspot.com/search?q=humalog

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning :) and the weekend's nearly upon us, a little high this morning as I'd guess the back end of my in use pen of Humalog is spoiling as the Frio pouch is rather dry.

Anyway :) my young un's still asleep so I'm loitering in pj's till she gets up then I'll return her to the dragons mothers, then back to decorating although I've a bike ride to do too, or I have if I'm going to get back into the fitness gig :/

Have a good day :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, hope you're ready for the sun and the heat today.
Shock wake up for me again this morning, 2.8 going to 4.7 in less than an hour with no help from food. I've still no idea of how T1 works, just passed my 3rd anniversary.
Driving to Looe tomorrow to look at the sea and celebrate 30 yrs of marriage. Where did that go?

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w