Libre and diy closed looping

WooWa

Hi!
Just wondering if anyone can help me! I’m currently using a free style libre, and have just been given the go ahead from my clinic to get funding for a pump. They have offered me omnipod, Medtronic (640 or 670) or the tandem t-slim. They have said I won’t be funded for the compatible cgm and i can not afford to self fund so will be sticking with the libre for now.

My question is (before I chose a pump) Are any of these pumps able to diy close loop with the libre? (I am looking into getting a miaomiao). I have been reading lots about it but can’t seem to find anything about the newer pumps (have joined loop fb group).

any advice would be very welcome, TIA!

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
I'll give you some reading.

https://openaps.org/

https://androidaps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/EN/

I couldnt find the loop docs in a couple minutes.

As far as i know the 640g çannot be looped the 670g only with medtronic loop with medtronic sensors.
The omnipod depends on which version...

I know the androidaps wiki does say what pumps will work.

The libre part id use xdrip or spike for iphone.

Hope that helps with your decision.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

It’s a hard one :(
If it’s the omnipod DASH, I don’t think it’s loopable, if it’s the previous omnipod, it is loopable with Riley link?
Medtronic 640 and 670G have their own CGM, so it’s a closed loop system with their own CGM. Tandem is loopable with Dexcom G6, I don’t know the libre can be looped with it.

Reactions: porl69

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hello,

It’s a hard one :(
If it’s the omnipod DASH, I don’t think it’s loopable, if it’s the previous omnipod, it is loopable with Riley link?
Medtronic 640 and 670G have their own CGM, so it’s a closed loop system with their own CGM. Tandem is loopable with Dexcom G6, I don’t know the libre can be looped with it.

Ummm its not that hard to decide.

The op just has to choose whether he/she can write the diy software. (The links are in my post above one covers android the other covers iphone)
Às for pumps there are i think three that you can source as new....
And at the moment even the libre càn be used.....

Its personal choice whether you go commercial or diy.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi!
Just wondering if anyone can help me! I’m currently using a free style libre, and have just been given the go ahead from my clinic to get funding for a pump. They have offered me omnipod, Medtronic (640 or 670) or the tandem t-slim. They have said I won’t be funded for the compatible cgm and i can not afford to self fund so will be sticking with the libre for now.

My question is (before I chose a pump) Are any of these pumps able to diy close loop with the libre? (I am looking into getting a miaomiao). I have been reading lots about it but can’t seem to find anything about the newer pumps (have joined loop fb group).

any advice would be very welcome, TIA!

Hi WooWa, I'm not a pumper, so have nothing personal experiences to offer you, but I do know our friend @LooperCat has done some very sexy things with her pump and the Libre - although I also read she has moved onto another CGM. However, she may have some pointers for you.

LooperCat is currently working hard, on the front line, through the pandemic, so please be patient. Hopefully, she'll manage to pop in, but, she is a busy girl at the moment.

Reactions: KK123

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just a quickie, I’m between patients on a blue light run to the next, so excuse any typos. Out of the pumps you have the choice of, only the Omnipod is DIY loopable, but it needs to be the old “Eros” version with the clunky control unit, rather than the new “Dash” which has a controller like a smartphone. The DIY Loop I use is an Apple based system, everything you need to know is at www.loopdocs.org - and it will work with a Libre and MiaoMiao, I used those before my team switched me to a Dexcom G6 as I wasn’t getting reliable enough readings with Libre.
Hope that helps x