Weight

kevsta

So I went and brought the freestyle Libre to help me. Monitor my blood sugar levels and after nearly a week, and not being in holiday mode

I can faintly say I think I’m getting a hang of this

Still trying to work our foods but at the moment I’m tending to sick to yogurt and a few blueberries in the morning and I’m tending to keep to my salad but have been mixing it up with eating cheese salami mix pack that you can get from Aldi some times

However my weight is slowing coming off but not as quick as I’d hoped

On the 28th when I weigh myself I was 15st13.2lb and this morning I’m 15st11.0lb

I want to go to the gym but give current circumstances not sure if I want to risk it and I don’t really like running in the streets - just not my thing

I was just wondering what food would be good to help breakdown unwanted fats ? If there is such thing

I heard grape fruit is supposed to be the winner

Thanks

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I dropped my carbs to < 130 and exercise bike and the weight is dropping well. Others on here go for much lower carb. I was averaging about 3-4kg a month but as with many diets it was front loaded (water etc) and has slowed down now.

How fast were you hoping? Slower weight loss is more sustainable I think, and you have lost some, congratulations on that!

All that said, I'm not on insulin, so don't want to lead you astray, I vaguely recall insulin can make you put on weight? Am sure a more knowledgeable person can answer

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I went and brought the freestyle Libre to help me. Monitor my blood sugar levels and after nearly a week, and not being in holiday mode

Still trying to work our foods but at the moment I’m tending to sick to yogurt and a few blueberries in the morning and I’m tending to keep to my salad but have been mixing it up with eating cheese salami mix pack that you can get from Aldi some times

On the 28th when I weigh myself I was 15st13.2lb and this morning I’m 15st11.0lb

I want to go to the gym but give current circumstances not sure if I want to risk it and I don’t really like running in the streets - just not my thing

I was just wondering what food would be good to help breakdown unwanted fats ? If there is such thing

Thanks

Sounds like you aren't eating very much which to be honest isn't a great way to lose weight especially not if you want tokeep it off.
Are you still taking insulin?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Grapefruit isn't a magic fat melter sadly and can be quite sweet though full of vitamin C!
If your weight is moving that's good so be patient. It won't come off in a smooth way most likely but with fits and starts as your body adjusts to low carb and learns to use up its own supplies and to use your own insulin better.
If you are worried about the gym (although in my experience of working in one and using another they are the cleanest indoor spaces in the world right now!) then adding some bodyweight stuff at home or following a YouTube video (I like AthleteX for his sensible stuff and he has an app too) could help you gain muscle and therefore more fat when you become insulin sensitive.
If you stick to eating when hungry and then only on low carb stuff this should help. Many people find cheese and nuts a bit too moreish so be cautious if you notice you are nibbling that kind of stuff.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks

Exercise doesn't have to be the gym, or heavy duty stuff like pounding the streets. It can be gardening, walking - even parking at the furthest edge of the carpark, when going to the supermarket.

In my life, when I go to town, I always park at the "top" of town and walk to the bottom, and back, no matter which shops I need to visit. It just adds a few steps to the count.

At the moment, we are well into a big garden make-over. Whilst I haven't lost weight (I'm pretty slight already, so don't actually want to), I have gained muscle mass. Digging, turning over clay-rich soil, digging in LOTS of manure, then working on "hard" projects, involving concrete, paving and many cobbles, can be heavy going.

My OH is an avid gym goer. He usually goes to the gym, or plays golf 5+ times a week. Curently, he's polaying a fair amount of golf, but has deferred restating his gym subscriptions, whilst we're doing the garden. He feels he is doing enough.

Just try to do a bit more of what you do in your everyday life, then increase it a bit more still over time, until you feel the gym calling more comfortably. Maybe not over think it?

As for grapefruit? My impressions is that's a bit of an urban myth, with the tarts taste curbing the appetite a bit for a while. That said, I can't say I've ever put it to the test.

kevsta

Wow definitely gave me some good options, in regards to the insulin I’m not on that sorry if I misled anyone there

I did use to do the finger prick test but kept on forgetting, but I still do the finger prick test if I think something is amiss I know these devices can be + and - either way

I suppose I will just have not except big results and just actually accept the wins if that make sense I guess any weight loss is a win

Thank you all for the advice and guidance much appreciated

:)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just realised I placed this in the wrong forum section sorry

That was the reason for my question..

Best way to get rid of extra pounds is get rid of as many carbs as you can and try to eat 2 filling meals a day ideally within a restricted time window of maybe 6 hours.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I found I need to keep an eye on my metabolism. When my weight loss starts to slow, or I plateau, I add an extra meal for about a week.

For exercise, just move more. Muscle contractions activate GLUT-4, then happy things start to happen. As king Julien says, I like to move it move it...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just realised I placed this in the wrong forum section sorry

Would you like your post moved, to a non-insulin sub forum? If so, just let any Mod know where you would like it to go and we'll happily move it for you. It only takes a moment.

Reactions: quizzical