Innit typical....

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Soon as I decide that yes, “Mr Porky’s Crispy Pork Strips” are indeed the pork snack of choice, the scratching-based product that won’t break your teeth, full of salty crunchy savoury yummyness, Tesco run out.

Of course they do.

:banghead:

Reactions: Jaylee

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Soon as I decide that yes, “Mr Porky’s Crispy Pork Strips” are indeed the pork snack of choice, the scratching-based product that won’t break your teeth, full of salty crunchy savoury yummyness, Tesco run out.

Of course they do.

:banghead:

yes, but... the REAL reason they ran out is because you hired a removals lorry and bought the entire stock from your 3 nearest branches.
Go on, admit it. ;) :D

I did something similar way back when I discovered that Peanut 9 bars shift my bg by less than 3/4 of a mmol and return to normal within an hour...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I love pork scratchings as a snack..

But this is my new joy.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: DJC3

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ooh, I had some of those. Really enjoyed them, but was left a bit unsatisfied, cos they sort of disappear, don’t they?

Yeah, they do. But nice with a drink..
My wife found these. & I was thinking. Sushi style wrapping salmon?

Reactions: DJC3 and Brunneria

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
.... amd as soon as I mention on here where Morriosns hide the Pork Crunchies, they too disappear...very suspicious

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You’re both welcome to all of them, my share too, I’d send them to you if I could ;). Both revolting items :depressed:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@TeddyTottie - Just be eternally grateful that they've simply run out, and not stopped stocking them...which regularly happens to things that become my firm favourites. :banghead::banghead:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy the 6 packs of port scratchings from B&M for 99pence. Have to be careful though as I now have a slack tooth!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’d be a bit bothered by the instruction ‘Do not eat’! Are they just for looking at? Sniffing? Use as pot pourri? Or What?
;)

:hilarious: Hi, hope you're well.

Just had a double take of the packaging.. There is an additional ittle sachet moisture absorbing crystals in the packaging?
I does appear to be wrapped with the due diligence of an electronic device.. o_O

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:hilarious: Hi, hope you're well.

Just had a double take of the packaging.. There is an additional ittle sachet moisture absorbing crystals in the packaging?
I does appear to be wrapped with the due diligence of an electronic device.. o_O
All good here @Jaylee.
Hope you or Mrs J didn’t eat the little moisture absorbing packet. :)

Just so moderators don’t get on the case, I return to the subject of pork scratchings. By far the best are the homemade ones. I look forward to cold weather and soup making, because ham hock boiled for soup has soft rind which when stripped off the joint and baked in hot oven for few minutes makes the best crunchy, with soft centre pork scratching, in my humble (or perhaps arrogant) opinion.

Strange how tastes change. Back in my early days of membership here I was a fierce pork scratchings denier. Would eat for breakfast, dinner and tea these days.

Will seek out some of those crunchy seaweed bites though. Also like the crunch of kale crisps.

Reactions: DJC3

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@TeddyTottie - Just be eternally grateful that they've simply run out, and not stopped stocking them...which regularly happens to things that become my firm favourites. :banghead::banghead:
Well, it’s what I am hoping, anyway.

My local store has appalling stock control so fingers crossed. But Tesco do have a habit of disappearing the products I most enjoy, usually in favour of some processed muck which I wouldn’t have touched even pre-diagnosis.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My teeth can't cope with scratching /crackling. Does anyone know how the lighter, airer crunch and strips are made so I can try to make them at home?

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)