Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Hi Everyone,
Is anyone out there using a "Bubble" for their Libre?

It looks suspiciously like the MiaoMiao that I have been using for a number of years.
In fact they look so similar I do wonder if the two items are made by the same parent company.

Anyway, I came across a Bubble user on another site, but she had been asked to review it and had only had it a few weeks.

The software looks interesting, but I am not sure if I would want to stop using xDrop+ as I like having the predictive algorithm.

One thing I do want to know is whether its Near Field Connection is any better than the MiaoMiao, because mine keeps dropping out, which is a bit annoying.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi'

Personally i only have hands on experience with the second gen Miaomiao2 & xdrip. Which i find faultless with my device.

I'll tag in @searley , He's road tested Bubble.

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Thanks Jaylee,

I am on my second MiaoMiao, because I lost the first one. Both have been the original version (MM1).

Some people have suggested that my connectivity problems are caused by my phone, but the Bluetooth connection to the MM1 is fine.

It is the Near Field Connection between the MM1 and the Libre sensor that seems to be the problem.

I wondered whether the Bubble had a stronger NFC connection than the MM1.
If you are not experiencing any issues with your MM2, then maybe they had improved the design.

I don't want to pay out 130 Euros for a device that isn't any better than my MM1, whether it is a MM2 or a Bubble.

The software for the Bubble looks interesting. I would like to see it in more detail, but there doesn't seem to be many in-depth reviews on YouTube.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jaylee,

I am on my second MiaoMiao, because I lost the first one. Both have been the original version (MM1).

Some people have suggested that my connectivity problems are caused by my phone, but the Bluetooth connection to the MM1 is fine.

It is the Near Field Connection between the MM1 and the Libre sensor that seems to be the problem.

If you are not experiencing any issues with your MM2, then maybe they had improved the design.

I don't want to pay out 130 Euros for a device that isn't any better than my MM1, whether it is a MM2 or a Bubble.

The software for the Bubble looks interesting. I would like to see it in more detail, but there doesn't seem to be many in-depth reviews on YouTube.

I quite understand, you need a reliable system that works for you.

I did invest in an aftermarket armband/MM holder which keeps the device snug to the sensor. Which may help with the NFC connection?

I just remembered another Bubble user. @JMoli
Hopefully the guys tagged in can give you some insight..

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Capt-Slog

You asked me on another thread why I had decided to buy a Bubble :)

I was looking for a replacement for a dog chewed miaomiao, and saw this thread.
That took me down the rabbit hole, and I ended up ordering a Bubble.
I like that the price is lower than the miaomiao
I like that the gadget sticks to your arm, not the libre, which means it would be easy to remove, recharge and reattach if the battery goes down part way through a sensor. Had to sit with the miaomiao recharge cable attached to my arm for 3 hours once for this very reason.
I usually use physio tape to go over the libre and the mm nowadays, so easy to do the same with the Bubble
I was curious - am always curious about new tech
I am not v impressed with the tomato miaomiao app, and if I am going to switch app anyway (probably to xdrip) then I have no particular loyalty to miaomiao.

I am sure there will be pros and cons to the Bubble, but will just have to wait and see.
Am not the most tech savvy person, but will muddle through and see what happens.

JMoli

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have the Bubble and really like it. I’ve never tried the miaomiao so can’t compare but have no real problems other than occasionally it loses connection so you have to make sure the pointy bit is pretty close to the centre of the Libre sensor (I wear an arm band over them) if that makes sense!

Reactions: Brunneria

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Do you use the Bubble software or something else like xDrip?

JMoli

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you use the Bubble software or something else like xDrip?

Hi, sorry I couldn’t remember where this thread was! I use diabox on my iPhone, I think there’s a way to get nightscout but I haven’t needed it. For diabox you have to get the TestFlight app and follow instructions on there. If you’re on Facebook there’s a page/group for it which is quite friendly and you can ask questions etc

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Varmstrong

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jaylee,

Hi Capt-Slog....we recently purchased MM2 (MM1 died) and we're having issues with either the NFC (most likely) or Bluetooth. It's not sending the data to the xdrip+. When we resent the MM2 the red light blinks, and the xDrip tries to gather data, but connection status says "Not Connected". please see attached as I'd love to work this out before I need to resort to something like Bubble.

Attachments

• MM2-XDrip.JPG
    MM2-XDrip.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 367

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
The MiaoMiao1normally only takes a reading once every 5 minutes (to conserve battery power), but I believe that xDrip+ can "poll" the MM more often, but it will just get the same reading, which is not what xDrip needs.

I know that people have complained online about the long wait for this stage, and I also know that there were a lot of people hoping that their might be some way in the future for programs like xDrip to force a MM to take another reading, but I don't believe that this is even in the pipeline yet.

How long have you waited for this stage before resetting your MM2.

Varmstrong

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
The MiaoMiao1normally only takes a reading once every 5 minutes (to conserve battery power), but I believe that xDrip+ can "poll" the MM more often, but it will just get the same reading, which is not what xDrip needs.

I know that people have complained online about the long wait for this stage, and I also know that there were a lot of people hoping that their might be some way in the future for programs like xDrip to force a MM to take another reading, but I don't believe that this is even in the pipeline yet.

How long have you waited for this stage before resetting your MM2.
Well we have been waiting for a connection for 7 days. If you mean by resetting the MM2, pricking the hole and it goes RED, then I’ve done it dozens of times. Is there another way to reset it?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Well we have been waiting for a connection for 7 days. If you mean by resetting the MM2, pricking the hole and it goes RED, then I’ve done it dozens of times. Is there another way to reset it?

Have you done a Bluetooth scan on your phone? Both with the Xdrip+ and with the phone. Just to see if the phone is picking up the MM?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I would get on the xdrip Facebook page and ask

I read somewhere if you have used mum's tomato app that it updates the firmware and will no longer work with xdrip. Not sure if you have used that app or not... But you will get more dedicated help there

As for devices I have both and both work well

Support is better with bubble mm is smaller and a bit more discrete

Reactions: Ledzeptt

T1 dad

I am the dad of a newly diagnosed type1 son aged 13.we have miao miao2. Libre1 and Watall watch. It has worked really well.
Now moved to free style libre 2 and lost compatability and values no longer appear on watch.
I have heard bubble however works to connect libre2 with watch.. can anyone confirm or help
David