What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another quite mild - 33C or more - day in The Brecks today but it will unfortunately be autumn and winter soon enough.:arghh: Yesterday's new sensor is a duff so 5.0 on Tee 2 but after weighing and other ablutionary diversions and around 1 hrs later than most times. Nos 1 and 3 grandchildren were here yesterday - truly blessed to be able to share this time so being here has benefits (<5 mins walk for them and dad.) Patio door sized safety gate arrived ready for No 5 grandchild whose care also played a part in the move - drilling required and I abhor DIY. @Krystyna23040 sorry to hear about your friend. Last house was on a village road with a school 800 mtrs away with a sharp bend 800 mtrs other end. Speed cameras sometimes showed up to 80 mph :banghead::banghead: Also tragically lost a lovely school friend killed by a speeding, dangerously overtaking driver coming into the village - devasted her parents:bigtears::bigtears: In honour of the (Lesser) Festival for Clare of Assisi I better eat the reduced to clear (so lesser priced) steak Waitrose forced into another of Julie's magic trolleys - always seem to hide things from me. Whether it be art, muddy? cycling, walking, listening to trees, gardening? or anything else today - give it beans.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My digital painting for today on Procreate.

I was thinking about it last night, but then it changed direction and focus with the lightning in the night.

So, here it is.

816A3B52-AE6E-451F-8315-5638F5030B70.jpeg

I am going in the garden to sit on my swing now...

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi A.A.
You may find the discussion on Hard Talk (W.S.) with Chris Packham interesting. No doubt his high functioning Asp results in his success with his work.
Have a great day.
D.

I follow Chris on FB, he is indeed an inspiring person. Several autie/aspie sites I'm on promote his talks. I don't own a tv so I just had a look at Hardtalk on the iplayer. Very good explanations and viewpoints from Chris.

Reactions: geefull

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 this morning. Did a 17hr fast yesterday. Haven't done any restricted time eating for ages so thought it might be a good time to do it before starting back to work in September - especially as I am not that hungry in the heat.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher @ianpspurs @lindisfel Have just looked at the Facebook page for the Dereham Times and people have commented that the Driver had a medical episode which caused the crash. She also had a three month old baby in the car. Apparently she drove through red lights and was driving erratically just before the crash. Hopefully they didn't have serious injuries. I think she was very lucky as it could have been much much worse.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher @ianpspurs @lindisfel Have just looked at the Facebook page for the Dereham Times and people have commented that the Driver had a medical episode which caused the crash. She also had a three month old baby in the car. Apparently she drove through red lights and was driving erratically just before the crash. Hopefully they didn't have serious injuries. I think she was very lucky as it could have been much much worse.

We don't always know the full story do we @Krystyna23040
I hope mum and baby were okay.

Reactions: ert

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now, I know I said I wouldn't, but I have bid on and won 3 bids on eBay this morning...
The other two possibles went straight into silly bidding amounts, so I left them.

I did tell eldest daughter I was bidding for postcards on eBay. She thought it was amusing her elderly mum was doing such things. It is good to have a hobby mum, she told me.

I omitted to mention how much of a hobby it was...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A little light on references but interesting and tangentially linked to low carb. Personally, most cooked food isn't especially attractive anymore (see below) but if I could work out worthwhile swaps for the pasta the first image is my comfort zone. Tons of garlic, basil, olive oil, tomato and onion are the tastes from carbs I really miss. I still eat meat but a keto (ish) diet has all but killed any desire for regular consumption. Mackerel, salmon, avocado and flaxseed will do for my fat most of the time. Not sure where sashimi fits. Butter goes on bread IMHO and cream is for the (Paul) Gascon paradox (and coffee, especially with alkeroll) - although I really like duck and goose.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning and the lovely storm has cleared the air a little which pleases me as I can breathe a little easier :)
So pleased the storm cleared the air a little. Could you possibly send it my way as the air in Norfolk is horribly hot and muggy.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.55am FBG 6.3

@Krystyna23040 what a frightening experience for you friend. I am so glad he is not hurt.
@lindisfel The driver may have been taken ill.
Our friend is here this morning. Made him and Mr K coffee and have left them chatting. He still does look a little shaken. It definitely does seem that the driver did suffer a medical incident - hopefully she and the baby are OK.

Reactions: jjraak and ert

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
6.4 this morning. I find it difficult to return to my old age love of late running. I still have short-acting insulin and end up crashing so have to eat fruit which I can't safely dose for. That's why I'm 6.4 today. It's annoying as there is nothing better than putting on running shoes at 10 pm.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My digital painting for today on Procreate.

I was thinking about it last night, but then it changed direction and focus with the lightning in the night.

So, here it is.

View attachment 43254

I am going in the garden to sit on my swing now...
Wow - that is some lighting. A fusion of northern lights meets the planet Arrakis during a storm. Love the trees - watch out crow.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Bloods 5.5 this morning, today is special.

Good Afternoon Fellow posters and painters.

Today is Tuesday August 11th and the year is 1992.
A 39 yr old husband, father of 3 young boys is in the Queen Elizabeth hospital on the operating table undergoing a 7 hour liver transplant.
This posting is not about him it's about the brave family of the mid twenty year old man from the north of England that died and his family who donated his organs saving many lives. Also it's about the skill of the medical staff, friends and family who helped the transplant recipient survive mentally and physically.
The recipient can never ever repay the debt he owes the above brave, skilful mentioned people, he vowed as he left the hospital that he would try and live as normal life as possible, as an example to other transplant patients and an example that transplantation does work.
Please sign up to be a donor if the unthinkable happens and do not forget to tell your family.
Thank you.

Ps a high percentage of transplant patients are diabetic.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg this morning was 3.9 according to the Libre had been down to 3.0 in the night that must have been when I woke up looking for the chocolate in my bedside cabinet.

Checked the new sensor against prickometer yesterday prickometer was 4.4 Libre 15 minutes later was 4.3 so pretty much in accordance with each other.

Yesterday we went for a walk around the local reservoir at Kingsmill thought I could walk part way then back to the car not so they have put a one way rule in place so people can keep their distance better as they shouldn't encounter people approaching from the other direction so had to walk the entire periphery of the reservoir .

But still encountered several people who were determined to walk in the opposite direction some of the signs had been vandalized and one thrown in the lake.

One couple I observed standing next to a sign requesting people not to throw bread into the lake as it can kill the wild life and they were throwing loads of bread to the birds then they walked off past a sign asking people to follow the one way system in the direction opposite to the arrow on the sign some people are just incomprehensible.

http://www.nottsviews.co.uk/kings_m...voir was originally,and was completed in 1839.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

A 39 yr old husband, father of 3 young boys is in the Queen Elizabeth hospital on the operating table undergoing a 7 hour liver transplant.
This posting is not about him it's about the brave family of the mid twenty year old man from the north of England that died and his family who donated his organs saving many lives. Also it's about the skill of the medical staff, friends and family who helped the transplant recipient survive mentally and physically.
The recipient can never ever repay the debt he owes the above brave, skilful mentioned people, he vowed as he left the hospital that he would try and live as normal life as possible, as an example to other transplant patients and an example that transplantation does work.
Please sign up to be a donor if the unthinkable happens and do not forget to tell your family.
Thank you.

I hope I haven't got this all wrong alf but I would think the young man's family would take some comfort his liver went to someone who cherished the gift and made us all aware of how precious it was. Have a great day and many more.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

Thank you.

I remember your post about this from last year I find it touching how you honor his memory each year that passes.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you.

A very special day indeed, a humbling remembrance post.