Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Bishop

Hi Guys
My last one was 33. I am ranging from 37 -33 in the last 2 years. I am trying to go below 30 in a safely manner.
I am doing low carbs and I am very active.

Ilike dogs

I live in Ireland, my HBA1c was 98 when diagnosed, 53 the latest one. I have no idea what you guys are talking about!! it's really annoying the way every country seems to do it differently! Like when I read information from America it's all measured in mg/dl or something like that. It means I constantly have to go look everything up.

Reactions: Rose22

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Grab the conversion table available online or here on this site

th99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My last HbA1c result in January was 76 (9.1%) but according to libreview my estimated level is about 8.1%. I won't get my hopes up until I get bloods done again and find out for sure. I've been Type 1 for the past 5 and a half years with my A1c in the 80's for most of that time so it'd be nice to think it went down a good bit!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My last A1C was 32 (5.1%). I eat what I want as long as it's vegan.

I use exercise, prebolusing but also have a pump and a CGM.

Reactions: Silverbabelt1
C

CelalDari

19/04/20 HbA1c of 134 (newly diagnosed T1D)

20/05/20 HbA1c of 84 generally eating a balanced diet, nothing too dramatic like a keto or low carb diet however my Libre says on average I take 159g/day of carbs which is a moderate amount I guess

Reactions: Marie 2

Silverbabelt1

Female aged 67. Type 1 since 1984. Vegetarian all my life. Insulatard base. Act-rapid. Very old school, use syringes And blood testing meter contor next. Tried very low carb for about six months, not ideal, on lowish carb now, much better. Have been missing lots of new things at my hospital clinic - central London - As I have always been ‘well balanced‘ usually 7.2 or around that, not needing to change anything, have now seen an amazing head diabetic nurse who updated me and changed lots of my routine for the better. Without changing insulin’s.
Now Complex type 1, add ons due to being type 1, as parts os my body are giving up!
I teach yoga
But most of all have an amazing family who are very supportive, without over interfering

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Nurse just rang from the surgery to tell me my diabetes test results came in, they were normal, nothing to worry about and that I’m not diabetic :hilarious: She’s obviously not noticed the marker on my notes...

37 = 5.5% again... :borg:

Last edited:

Brianna33

Hi All.
I attended my Diabetic Clinic yesterday was told my HbA1c [fasting test] results in were 7.1 % :clap:
Great news for me! down another 1% since the nov 2011 was 7.2% [see my signature]
The consultant was pleased with all my hard work and efforts too !!! :thumbup:
He said if? I continue with steady BG levels , BMI , weight etc...
He will discharge me in 6months time back to my GP care.
Am quite happy with this , as my GP's practice are FANTASTIC with me!
Clearly the victoza and hypurin porcine insulin is doing their job and best of all they AGREE with me... YAY !
I HAVE worked so hard to stick with things, food/eating plan and active lifestyle etc...
Focused hard and sensibly , its paid off with latest results, so am well chuffed with things.
Anna.x :D
Well done.x

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Bls1998

It would really help for everyone to help you if you filled out your profile to include whether you are type 1 or 2 and what diabetic medicines you are on and if you list what insulin(s) you take and how much.

You will also get more attention if you start a new thread asking for help? Under this category people might not see the request for help.

There are lots of people here that would love to help if they have more information!

Reactions: lolabunny876

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Mine was 5.0, which is surprising as I've been totally incapacitated for the last 12 months with a CSF leak.

Reactions: michita