Full Spectrum Omega Oil?

Silkroad77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,

I'm just curious about this.

I purchased some Full Spectrum Omega oil capsules with Vitamin D3 a week ago, and have been taking them daily.

My usual insulin regime now is 28 units of Toujeo in the morning, and until recently had to be 10-13 of Novorapid in the morning, lunch time and dinner.
I have had low blood sugars in the morning, however, if I didn't take the 10-13 units-after eating something, it would shoot up to between 13-17 (for more than 2 hours after a meal)

The same for lunch & dinner, if I didn't take 10-13 units of Novorapid, my sugar levels would shoot up to between 13-18 and stay around 12-14 throughout the entire night.

Despite the above I've been having lows often during the night, however, cutting my Toujeo and Novorapid has still given me between 12-18 bloods after breakfast, lunch and dinner, and often LOW or 1.2 throughout the night.

Anyhow since I started taking the Omega oil capsules my blood sugar levels have been consistently low, of course it's an issue, however, the lows have been similar during the night, and before and after breakfast/lunch/dinner.

So I've reduced my Toujeo and Novorapid since taking the capsules, and will carry on doing so, until I get the right balance.

I've got a Libre Sensor so monitor my levels hourly (or less).
I've been super careful when at work and out and about, ensuring that I've taken something to eat in case of low blood sugar levels.

I also take 2 Apple Cider Vinegar capsules and 2 magnesium capsules daily.

I'm curious about anybody else taking Omega Oil capsules and what differences they noticed.
For me it's a completely new thing-and although my levels are low, it's a welcome, as I am reducing my insulin levels and monitoring my sugar levels often.

I hope it's helped others out.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello all,

I'm just curious about this.

I purchased some Full Spectrum Omega oil capsules with Vitamin D3 a week ago, and have been taking them daily.

My usual insulin regime now is 28 units of Toujeo in the morning, and until recently had to be 10-13 of Novorapid in the morning, lunch time and dinner.
I have had low blood sugars in the morning, however, if I didn't take the 10-13 units-after eating something, it would shoot up to between 13-17 (for more than 2 hours after a meal)

The same for lunch & dinner, if I didn't take 10-13 units of Novorapid, my sugar levels would shoot up to between 13-18 and stay around 12-14 throughout the entire night.

Despite the above I've been having lows often during the night, however, cutting my Toujeo and Novorapid has still given me between 12-18 bloods after breakfast, lunch and dinner, and often LOW or 1.2 throughout the night.

Anyhow since I started taking the Omega oil capsules my blood sugar levels have been consistently low, of course it's an issue, however, the lows have been similar during the night, and before and after breakfast/lunch/dinner.

So I've reduced my Toujeo and Novorapid since taking the capsules, and will carry on doing so, until I get the right balance.

I've got a Libre Sensor so monitor my levels hourly (or less).
I've been super careful when at work and out and about, ensuring that I've taken something to eat in case of low blood sugar levels.

I also take 2 Apple Cider Vinegar capsules and 2 magnesium capsules daily.

I'm curious about anybody else taking Omega Oil capsules and what differences they noticed.
For me it's a completely new thing-and although my levels are low, it's a welcome, as I am reducing my insulin levels and monitoring my sugar levels often.

I hope it's helped others out.
Taking omega 3 is a good idea (as well as the D3) as modern diets tend to have too much omega 6 and not enough fish oil or better still oily fish!
I haven't found any link between increased insulin sensitivity and this supplement though so I'd suggest something else is going on. For example for the last few days I've been going low consistently and the only thing that makes sense is that it is so warm that I have become a lot more responsive to my insulin!
I do take d3 but not omega 3 other than via food.

Silkroad77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Taking omega 3 is a good idea (as well as the D3) as modern diets tend to have too much omega 6 and not enough fish oil or better still oily fish!
I haven't found any link between increased insulin sensitivity and this supplement though so I'd suggest something else is going on. For example for the last few days I've been going low consistently and the only thing that makes sense is that it is so warm that I have become a lot more responsive to my insulin!
I do take d3 but not omega 3 other than via food.

Thanks for your reply Nicole.

The only thing is that during the 2018 heatwave (I think it was 2018) in the UK I didn't have issues with low blood sugar levels, so it's confusing to me
I've also not had such low levels when it has been very hot-so I'm that sure that it may be due to the hot weather o_O:confused:
It probably is something else, I've lowered my dosage of both basal and bolus and at the moment, the lowered doses seem to be working (with no severe lows or highs) and I seem to now be in target :)

Reactions: NicoleC1971