What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A righteous and Godly decision. The man is a legend. :angelic:

Serious question: Does my usual 17 hrs on just tea with almond milk and almond milk latte count? I'm allergic to Fungs - (his audible books are amazing for sending me to sleep though. Highly unlikely to ever progress far. 5 mins is plenty)
My feeling is (although I am not an expert) that your almond milk in tea is on a par with cream - or maybe it is actually better than cream as it is lower carb. The almond milk latte looks ok also, although it does depend on how much of it you use.

I have read that the sweetened Almond milks are very high carb - but the unsweetened ones are absolutely ok on keto.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are pondering the mysterious almond milk. For me and me's we just started drinking tea and koffy in its naked form black, now we that is all of me can't drink it any other way.

A 5.5 this morning, the meter is planning something, but bitter experience has taught me that high ambient temperatures put my obese body under stress which affects my blood sugars.

I hope your day is progressing along desired routes with minimal deviations, but I guess that would make things far to simple.
Did you all get good grades in A level art yesterday? I do hope so.
According to Mrs J who deals with such things I got a PhD in being under her feet, but I have studying for 41 yrs and 11 months.
Now I must sign out and enact asking her stupid questions pt 3.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My feeling is (although I am not an expert) that your almond milk in tea is on a par with cream - or maybe it is actually better than cream as it is lower carb. The almond milk latte looks ok also, although it does depend on how much of it you use.

I have read that the sweetened Almond milks are very high carb - but the unsweetened ones are absolutely ok on keto.
Thanks. I mainly use h/m - water and small particles of the 60 gms almonds in A/M kettle, well strained - or unsweetened which claims to be 0 carbs. Please don't use the K word before the watershed (won't someone think of the poor children).Michael Mosley didn't:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I mainly use h/m - water and small particles of the 60 gms almonds in A/M kettle, well strained - or unsweetened which claims to be 0 carbs. Please don't use the K word before the watershed (won't someone think of the poor children).Michael Mosley didn't:angelic:
That sounds way better than cream - ideal for fasting. I promise I won't use the I word before the watershed.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a day! Then just before sitting down with a GandT I was trying to be helpful and vacuuming Mrs MCs study the belt on our old Hoover broke and left black rubber marks on the nice pale carpet. 1 hour on my hands and knees scrubbing and it's better but more spread, new carpet me thinks. :banghead:

So a very quick A4 watercolour sketch to layout composition for the final of my Beech Tree Hill Circles, 15 minutes. Will work on the actual watercolour Saturday.

IMG_3654.JPG

Did you all get good grades in A level art yesterday? I do hope so.
I got a Grade 2 back in 1967 do you thing that if I complain they might up it to grade 1?:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a day! Then just before sitting down with a GandT I was trying to be helpful and vacuuming Mrs MCs study the belt on our old Hoover broke and left black rubber marks on the nice pale carpet. 1 hour on my hands and knees scrubbing and it's better but more spread, new carpet me thinks. :banghead:

So a very quick A4 watercolour sketch to layout composition for the final of my Beech Tree Hill Circles, 15 minutes. Will work on the actual watercolour Saturday.

View attachment 43339

I got a Grade 2 back in 1967 do you thing that if I complain they might up it to grade 1?:)
Sorry about your ruined carpet :(

I like this sketch @Muddy Cyclist
Very atmospheric.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.6 this morning

cooler last night which improved the chances of sleep :)
a quietish day today after our day out volunteering yesterday. We had a damp and misty start but now the sun is out and the temperature is going up again, good job Katy had her clip on Monday, a big standard poodle with long hair has just walked along the street outside our house with it's owner and the poor thing looked so hot and miserable :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - late to the party because I had to catch up reading but congratulations on your latest test coming back with good results :joyful:

@dunelm three stunning artworks, I liked the treescape with the orchids in the foreground very much and your latest has a lovely, simple elegance of line which is not easy to achieve.

@gennepher - I'm enjoying the way this app is performing for you and I love how you use deep contrasts and vibrant colours, I especially like the moon and seascape :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Hugs for the black marks on the carpet :(

good to see the beginnings and then the finished work, I like to see the different stages, it's instructive ;) Nice finished painting, you're always so good at rendering the light, though I can understand why you added a wash of purple into the deep shadows and should imagine it would enhance that area (I find handling purple a bit tricky myself because it seems to depend so much on the shade you use :sorry:)

Interesting composition for the next painting and I look forward to seeing it :)

art bit - thank you all for your kind comments on my 'John Blockley' style ;) I enjoyed trying it , perhaps I'll do another, it's a bit different from my usual

I quite like to do flowers and plants but I'm inclined to fiddle about too much so here are a couple of the letterbox style things

no 1 - I'm an oldie so a base pallet is Red/Blue/Yellow to me but I notice that a some people now use Cyan/Magenta/Yellow - is this because of the influence of light mixing for digital media ?
quick experiment using it for a change

upload_2020-8-14_18-32-18.jpeg

no 2 - my usual - seascape with cliff just because ;)
upload_2020-8-14_18-37-9.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.6 this morning

a quietish day today after our day out volunteering yesterday. We had a damp and misty start but now the sun is out and the temperature is going up again, good job Katy had her clip on Monday, a big standard poodle with long hair has just walked along the street outside our house with it's owner and the poor thing looked so hot and miserable :sorry:

@ianpspurs - late to the party because I had to catch up reading but congratulations on your latest test coming back with good results :joyful:

@dunelm three stunning artworks, I liked the treescape with the orchids in the foreground very much and your latest has a lovely, simple elegance of line which is not easy to achieve.

@gennepher - I'm enjoying the way this app is performing for you and I love how you use deep contrasts and vibrant colours, I especially like the moon and seascape :)

good to see the beginnings and then the finished work, I like to see the different stages, it's instructive ;) Nice finished painting, you're always so good at rendering the light, though I can understand why you added a wash of purple into the deep shadows and should imagine it would enhance that area (I find handling purple a bit tricky myself because it seems to depend so much on the shade you use :sorry:)

Interesting composition for the next painting and I look forward to seeing it :)

art bit - thank you all for your kind comments on my 'John Blockley' style ;) I enjoyed trying it , perhaps I'll do another, it's a bit different from my usual

I quite like to do flowers and plants but I'm inclined to fiddle about too much so here are a couple of the letterbox style things

no 1 - I'm an oldie so a base pallet is Red/Blue/Yellow to me but I notice that a some people now use Cyan/Magenta/Yellow - is this because of the influence of light mixing for digital media ?

View attachment 43340

View attachment 43341
Thank you for the congratulations and the art. Interesting that you liked the cooler conditions for better sleep. It was cooler here last night and my sleep was shorter and score was lower.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to be quite muted with my colour choices but have suddenly found Cadmium Yellow light hue and sap green figures a lot in my paintings. The purple I use is Permenent Mauve I have also added Mineral Turquoise from the sennelier range of paints.

Thank you for your appreciation.

I really like both of your watercolours today, the added colours to your usual choice work very well. I like the way you have a light hand with the intensity of colour, mine always turn brighter and heavier I might as well be useing oils.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
On our walk today Melody captured this photo of a butterfly that caught her eye.

butterfly1.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.6 this morning

View attachment 43340

View attachment 43341

Thank you @geefull

I don't know anything about colour or the theory of it for painting, so I am not much help.

I like your second painting the best. I like the colours in it better too.
I could do with a swim in that water...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.9
Temp 35.6

Too hot to sleep despite fans going. Then I got a message from my friend who had to put her sick dog to sleep earlier his week, to say that she was in hospital with her husband who'd had a routine hernia op, and she had been expecting to take him home, but they wouldn't discharge him last night. So, as she had to drive home herself, a long way very late evening in the dark (and she doesn't do nighttime driving), then could I stay up until she got home. I am in my bed nice and comfy and she has country lanes to navigate, so to put her mind at ease, I said yes.

So my phone ended up getting eta alerts from her phone to say where she was etc. I never knew that could be set up!

To keep awake, I decided to start my daily painting for today. I finished it in the early hours of this morning. My eyes were blurred and the painting looked very blurred to me last night.

It doesn't look so bad this morning. It still looks blurred to me. I could say it was an intentional effect!!! I do love the brushstroke that paints like chalk, and I discovered that yesterday with my blue yacht and whale in my painting. The brushstroke is satisfying to use. The painting is supposed to be of Snowdon. I used an old postcard, probably 1950's, as inspiration. I did it in the Procreate app.

1B4F6C6C-456B-4C7E-B21D-65AC8558FD57.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a good friend you are @gennepher and such a talented artist. Thanks for the weekend wishes @karen8967 and right back at you. Fbg of 4.3 @ 4.57 for me today and 4.9 by 7.11 to celebrate the Feast of The Assumption. Yesterday's evening meal was salmon in watercress sauce (W) with halloumi (W) chips and chestnut mushrooms (W). I did top that up with a chunk of my newfound favourite chorizo (W) then some Waitrose 1 90% chocolate (Ecudaor) which is the only choc at that level I can eat. Seems toi be a pattern to this meal. Another cooler night, duvet needed so my sleep score and length suffered. Also struck me last night how the nights have quickly started to draw in. Grit my teeth, suck it up and hang on time for me very soon. Take good care of yourselves I need more tea, a spazzle, smoothing lute, top soil and sheep's fescue amongst other things. Just been invited to walk dogs with No1 son and grandchildren in "the forest":woot::woot:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a good friend you are @gennepher and such a talented artist. Thanks for the weekend wishes @karen8967 and right back at you. Fbg of 4.3 @ 4.57 for me today and 4.9 by 7.11 to celebrate the feast of The Assumption. Yesterday's evening meal was salmon in watercress sauce with halloumi chips and chestnut mushrooms. I did top that up with a chunk of my newfound favourite chorizo then some Waitrose 1 90% chocolate (Ecudaor) which is the only choc at that level I can eat. Another cooler night, duvet needed so my sleep score and length suffered. Also struck me last night how the nights have quickly started to draw in. Grit teeth and hang on time for me very soon. Take good care of yourselves I need more tea and at least 250 steps this hour.

It is the least I can do @ianpspurs
Although I have eyes like grit this morning...
I agree, the nights are quickly drawing in. The long daylight days season is far too short in duration...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another bit of gloom in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of ham and eggs with avocado came in at 4.9 this am

Not a lot going on today, I do have a book that I need to get into so may do that and have a turn round the park if the weather holds. Yesterday I was playing about more with the unteachable mindless zen style. I suppose today it would be KISS (keep it simple stupid) melded with know when to stop and a touch of reading between the lines.

@Muddy Cyclist - stunningly simple sketch, less is definitely more in this one. I wonder if the vacuum cleaner was subtly sabotaged in a cunning plan hurtling towards new for old?

@geefull - 2 more of your wonderful letterboxes - the simplicity of the finish in the first one caught me but the use of colours in the second one brings it out (note to programme - stop trying to turn my English into American - a minority of weirdness compared to the rest of the English speaking world).

@gennepher - great work staying awake for your friend - what a pal. Love the Snowdon painting. Just a guess but maybe taken from where the path (read scramble) of Crib Goch meets the pathway from Llanberis - but not sure. In any event a lovely piece of work. Sympathise with the gritty eyes.

@JohnEGreen - good photo of a seemingly dwindling species on these islands - nice shemagh bye the way - should keep all the dust and sand out of your face.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, best make some koffy.

upload_2020-8-15_8-30-5.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.05am FBG 5.4
Finally a return to normal for me levels.
Very happy with that.