New insulin pump

keithharrison

My insulin pump is due to be replaced later this year. I currently use the accu-chek Insight. This Pump is driving me insane and has seriously slowed down as more and more data is retained. Can anyone make a suggestion as to what replacements i should be looking at. Thank you

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
What pumps are on offer in your area?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @keithharrison I agree with Porl - you need to check with your team first to see what pumps are on offer as this varies across the NHS for each region, once you know what's available then do your research on them, my trust only offered 1 pump so didn't have a choice.

Reactions: porl69

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@keithharrison If you can afford to fund a Dexcom G6 CGM then I recommend a Tandem t:slim X2. It has a function called "Basal IQ" which stops insulin delivery if it predicts you will go below 4.4 in the next 30 minutes. There will soon (July? in the UK) be an upgrade to "Control IQ" which also attempts to control high blood sugars - a so called Hybrid Loop. Note this is a firmware upgrade downloaded over the internet as opposed to waiting 4 years for a new pump.

Sadjers

My insulin pump is due to be replaced later this year. I currently use the accu-chek Insight. This Pump is driving me insane and has seriously slowed down as more and more data is retained. Can anyone make a suggestion as to what replacements i should be looking at. Thank you
Hi I have been using the Omniod for nearly 8months. Its my first pump. The nurse on my pump introductory course tried to be impartial but I could tell that they liked the features.
I love it now I have learnt many of its nuances. I seldom notice I'm wearing it. The only downside is having to change it every three days. I have only had one pump failure so far; mind you I spent 25min walking around the house and garden wondering what the high pitch noise was. In the end my wife told me that it was coming from my stomach. Doh...

Reactions: Sibyl and porl69

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
keith
i had the same problem insight to slow
so i am on my 4 th accu - chek spirit combo insulin simple i find it one of the best pumps to use
not as modern as some but very good basel rates also good bolus and carbohydrates ratio once sorted out carbohydrates to insulin unit ratio s bit fiddle on changing insulin cartridges but you get use to but like all pumps the blood sugars have to be done before all meals and some times snack s i now use it with FREE STYLE LIBRE to improve night time basel RATES regards VIC insulin since 1957

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi! I am hoping to get a new pump soon. My Accu Chek Insight is now out of warranty but as I’m going for the Omnipod Dash I have to wait. There’s a fault with the Dash which is due to be rectified this month. Which pumps are available? My DSN said I could choose between Omnipod, Medtronic, 2 I’d never heard of, or the same Accu Chek Insight. Hope you’re able to get it soon.