Overheating.

Scodz

I was diagnosed with type 1 when I was 58, two years ago, because no one had any idea that that was the case I suffered from DKA as well as extremely low Potassium levels. I ended up in ICU for three days whilst they sorted it out. As a result, I now have neuropathy in both feet, my kidneys have been affected and at first I suffered from the cold. Now I suffer from extreme heat as my Thalamus has been affected and I am continually suffering from some of the symptoms of heat exhaustion, mainly excessive sweating and clammy skin. I am at my wit's end and I am asking the forum if anyone knows if this can be rectified or is there anything out there that can help. I have industrial-size fans cooling the rooms down but even if I take a cold shower as soon as I come out it starts up again. I am desperate for a solution to this problem as it is making my life pretty unbearable.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Scodz , and welcome to the forum!
Feeling so hot all the time is horrible! How are your blood sugars in general? When I go high I feel unbearably hot and sweaty.
I hope you'll find a solution, good luck!

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Have your doctors suggested any drugs that might help?

There is some information on sites about the impact of strokes, in both the thalamus and hypothalamus areas, and treatments/recovery which might be useful.

Scodz

Hi @Scodz , and welcome to the forum!
Feeling so hot all the time is horrible! How are your blood sugars in general? When I go high I feel unbearably hot and sweaty.
I hope you'll find a solution, good luck!
Blood sugars generally have been fine, although at the moment they are running a little high. Have just discovered that I might be suffering from Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy but trying to find any kind of treatment for it is very difficult. Thanks for your reply.

Scodz

Have your doctors suggested any drugs that might help?

There is some information on sites about the impact of strokes, in both the thalamus and hypothalamus areas, and treatments/recovery which might be useful.
Trying to get even a telephone consult with the Dr is proving extremely difficult, have got one for Friday morning. In the meantime I have done a bit of investigating of my own and all the symptoms seem to indicate that I am suffering from Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy. Many thanks for your reply.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
You don't say what insulin you are on but Lantus has been known to cause sweating. I'm sure one of the others might too.

GeordieMark88

I think this is what I suffer from and more noticeably recently I have noticed it’s mainly my face that gets hot and I don’t seem to sweat there anymore. At first I thought is was hot flushes but my GP and consultant have done lots of investigations.