HBA1c is 6.5

Reemap

Hello,

my last HBA1c was 5.3 in feb 2020.. got my latest HBA1c report today and it’s 6.5...
It’s very upsetting and feeling sad. the drastic change in last 6 months was my sleep pattern .. I slept only for 4 to 5 hrs at night . Can this be the result for High HBA1c..
Anyone felt this before ..

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
A lack of sleep affects hunger, insulin sensitivity, fat loss (lack of), basically it underpins health. It might be worthwhile looking into as many natural ways of improving this as possible.

Reemap

@Reemap as @ert mentioned, getting the right amount of sleep is important to our diabetes management ... and other parts of our health. I would also add that lack of sleep can be indicative of other issues like stress which can also cause our blood sugars to rise.
Take care of your self, Reemap, and see this as evidence you need more sleep. It is much better to know so you can do something about it than to live in ignorance.

On a lighter note (and not wanting to belittle how you are feeling, Reemap, or the advice from ert), sometimes, our typos know more than we think - a Lake of sleep would be wonderful :)
Thanks a lot for your reply..
lake of sleep would be quiet good .. ha ha ha ..from today I am going to have good amount of night sleep.

Reactions: In Response