Covid test

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I woke up yesterday with a high temperature and throwing up. It occurred to me last night these could be covid symptoms since I was still coughing after the throwing up had stopped. So, online to order a covid test.

Filled in the (endless) form, they had my name, address, home phone number, mobile number, nhs number, ni number and double checked my postcode. Did I get a test? No. They 'couldn't electronically identify' me.

For the love of fuzzy ducks, what more do they want ? Fingerprints? Iris scan?

I've tried the phone number, and all I get from then is if I can't pass the electronic id I have to attend a local test centre.
I can't get to the local testing station without going on public transport, and even then they don't accept you if you don't drive up in a car. I offered to hijack a bus if they'd lend me a gun, but that didn't go down well.

I give up. I may or may not be transmitting covid. The nhs/government won't let me find out.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
♀️ why am I not surprised. Could your GP practice help at all? Or contact your local council & they can order you a test?

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Reactions: Bea56 and EllieM

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I feel too rough to be mucking around with bureaucracy. I'll self isolate for seven days, or 10, or 14, whichever its meant to be (figure it out when I feel better). If I get worse I can muck up the local authorities figures and admit to hospital.

Actually, I'm streaming vast amounts of mucous from every available orifice now (sorry!), and covid is meant to be a dry cough, so it might be a random bug. Here's hoping.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Current advice is 10 days isolation & 14 for anyone you live with. See how it goes & drink plenty of fluids.

Toby789

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I feel too rough to be mucking around with bureaucracy. I'll self isolate for seven days, or 10, or 14, whichever its meant to be (figure it out when I feel better). If I get worse I can muck up the local authorities figures and admit to hospital.

Actually, I'm streaming vast amounts of mucous from every available orifice now (sorry!), and covid is meant to be a dry cough, so it might be a random bug. Here's hoping.
Hang in there. Call ambulance if you are in serious trouble but it sounds like you are doing the right thing anyway! Do be careful about hijacking jokes as no-one seems to have any sense of humour nowadays and they might send a SWAT team (as frustrating as your treatment was).