Trapped nerve

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
Type 1 for 50 years always fit Got this awful pain pressing top of left back down arm Dr diagnosed trapped nerve didn't see me just told me over phone gave me amitriptyline only took it for week pain went worse then gave me gabapentin been on it a week still no easier Has anyone had trapped nerve how long does it take to go and what medication were you given? Thank you

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1 for 50 years always fit Got this awful pain pressing top of left back down arm Dr diagnosed trapped nerve didn't see me just told me over phone gave me amitriptyline only took it for week pain went worse then gave me gabapentin been on it a week still no easier Has anyone had trapped nerve how long does it take to go and what medication were you given? Thank you
hi sugarybibs i started off like this with my right arm and was told it was frozen shoulder diabetes nurse said this was quite common with type1s mine started just b4 lock down its took more than 14 weeks to ease off a bit gp has referred me for physio but by the time that comes through it will probably be a bit more better ,at first mine started with pain then a couple of weeks later i couldnt lift my arm above chest hieght with made getting washed and dressed a nightmare i hope you get to the bottom of this pain x

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
hi sugarybibs i started off like this with my right arm and was told it was frozen shoulder diabetes nurse said this was quite common with type1s mine started just b4 lock down its took more than 14 weeks to ease off a bit gp has referred me for physio but by the time that comes through it will probably be a bit more better ,at first mine started with pain then a couple of weeks later i couldnt lift my arm above chest hieght with made getting washed and dressed a nightmare i hope you get to the bottom of this pain x

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Karen no I've had frozen shoulder years ago had operation for it because it was so bad then couldn't believe it got frozen shoulder in other arm but didn't get operation for that the pain was bad and lasted for months but this is different I can lift my arm up but the pain is there all the time with my frozen shoulder i couldn't lift my arm .

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Karen no I've had frozen shoulder years ago had operation for it because it was so bad then couldn't believe it got frozen shoulder in other arm but didn't get operation for that the pain was bad and lasted for months but this is different I can lift my arm up but the pain is there all the time with my frozen shoulder i couldn't lift my arm .
aw i hope you get sorted whatever it is sorry couldnt be any help x