HbA1c results are in...

RosieMaxwell

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiiiii guys. Some context to what I'm about to share. I was diagnosed Pre-Diabetic with two HbA1c tests of 48 and 43 in Feb this year and I posted recently about an upcoming blood test that I was super nervous about.

Well, I just got the results. New HbA1c is...

(drumroll)

31!!!!

Hurrah! THANK YOU to everyone in this forum and thank you to WHOEVER discovered KETO, because both those things have completely changed my life! Feeling very very happy today.

(I am still in the overweight BMI category but am definitely motivated to keep working on that!)

Reactions: michita

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember it well. I forgot all me errands and floated home.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Hurrah! THANK YOU to everyone in this forum and thank you to WHOEVER discovered KETO, because both those things have completely changed my life! Feeling very very happy today.

Well done, but don't forget that you have to keep doing what you have been doing to maintain those results. What you might like to do to get a fuller picture, is get a c-peptide test and an insulin resistance test. They're not essential but will tell you how your pancreas is doing and also if you are still insulin resistance to any degree. Well done!

Reactions: RosieMaxwell

zeeeee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy days

Really pleased for you, i look back to how i felt that night when i was told i was diabetic with an a1c of 77 and how i felt 3 months later when i was told my it was 37

Enjoy your new healthy lifestyle

RosieMaxwell

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Awwww thanks everyone. So nice to have people to share the news with. I tried telling friends and family but I always have to explain the numbers and ranges to them first ... and it sort of loses its impact haha.

I think the big thing to remember is that this is a lifestyle change. I’m still trying to lose weight so I’m going to change too much but once I am at goal weight I will need to figure out what to do that’s different but still following the same basic principle of keep carbs out!

Reactions: VashtiB and MrsA2

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!

ETA
The original ketogenic style diet as defined by Royal Artillery surgeon John Rollo, for the treatments of (type 2) diabetes in the 1790s:

Rollo_keto.png

You might not thank him for the inclusion of "rancid old meats..." though! :eek:

Last edited: