Libre readings waayyyyy out!

MattH892

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone

I've been using the libre for around 8 months and for the most part they've been excellent. I'm fully aware readings can fluctuate a fair bit but my current reader is showing 3.5 and my finger prick is 8.3. Im on day 3 of the sensor so it may well just be a dodgy sensor.

Has anyone else experienced being this far out thats not day 1 or day 14?

Thanks!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sometimes they just fail like that, just like any tech can, ring Abbott tomorrow (ie when they're open) and explain the readings are horribly out - you will need 3 examples of libre vs blood glucose meter, and they should replace it for you if its consistently out. I've had a few like that and Abbott have always replace it for me - but keep the old one they will want you to send it back to them .

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone

I've been using the libre for around 8 months and for the most part they've been excellent. I'm fully aware readings can fluctuate a fair bit but my current reader is showing 3.5 and my finger prick is 8.3. Im on day 3 of the sensor so it may well just be a dodgy sensor.

Has anyone else experienced being this far out thats not day 1 or day 14?

Thanks!

Hi Matt, funnily enough I experienced something similar the other day. I have been using the Libre for 6 months now and am loving it. I have noticed that is not 100% accurate in its readings but what device is? Normally my readings on the Libre (calibrated by finger prick tests & bearing in mind the Libre is 15 minutes behind) are similar. The other day I had just had a run so checked my Libre afterwards and it was showing 2.9. Eek. I felt ok so did a finger prick test which showed 7.9!!!!! Knowing the Libre is behind I waited 15 minutes before checking again and it showed 6.9 and on its way up. So the Libre was fairly accurate but it's downside is that when you take a reading it is actually telling you what your level was 15 minutes ago. OR it could be a faulty one, had you done anything out of the norm 15/20 mins prior to this reading? Admittedly 4 or 5 points is a big drop/increase in 15 minutes but it has happened to me when I've been exercising. x

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am currently having the same issue. The Libre readings are way low. Abbott is sending a replacement. This is the third one in as many months to fail like this. Luckily I’m using the MiaoMiao so can calibrate to some extent to catch lows. Seems like the reliability is becoming an issue.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have one on me now. It’s very consistently 2.0 mmol/l below my finger prick results. If I can get NHS prescription I’d love to try MM, I’m a bit behind all the nice technology out there :)