Womens problems

Chloelox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I’ve noticed a sharp sensitivity to my insulin this evening, after injecting my usual dosage and eating my usual meals (I’m not very adventurous with food anymore). I suspect my cycle has something to do with it, the drop has happened since injecting my basal insulin this evening.. so I am still currently awake eating slow acting carbs to try and get to a comfortable level where I feel it could be safe to sleep. But I will be keeping a very close eye on myself tomorrow until the basal dosage begins to decrease.

Would it be safe to assume I will probably need to reduce my dosage in future in light of where I am in my cycle? this is only my 3rd cycle since being T1 so I’ve just picked this up as a pattern from my notes. Being a female absolutely sucks! Haha

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Would it be safe to assume I will probably need to reduce my dosage in future in light of where I am in my cycle? this is only my 3rd cycle since being T1 so I’ve just picked this up as a pattern from my notes. Being a female absolutely sucks! Haha

I wouldn't assume anything about T1, but some people do find that their cycle affects their insulin dose. Probably safe to assume that it might affect your dose, but you'll probably have to wait and see to check whether it repeats.... (At least we female diabetics don't get ED....:bigtears:)

Chloelox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't assume anything about T1, but some people do find that their cycle affects their insulin dose. Probably safe to assume that it might affect your dose, but you'll probably have to wait and see to check whether it repeats.... (At least we female diabetics don't get ED....:bigtears:)

I’ve carbloaded about 60 carbs and my sugars are up still up and down. :banghead: Think I’m going to give up and try get some sort of rest before my daughter wakes up for the day.

The week before my period my sensitivity goes right up. :( It was the 3rd day before my period last time and now it’s the 6th. Then I spend the week high, then a couple of days sensitive again and then my resistance goes right up!

JMoli

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I find my blood sugar is a nightmare around my period and really hard to control. My diabetic nurse suggested keeping a diary of what happens so I can prepare for it and adjust insulin around about that time. I tend to go high a few days/a week before and a couple of days in. As if this isn’t hard enough, right?!

Reactions: EllieM

London36_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m on pump which helps. I’m very high before period and half way through then very low afterwards. I have three nasal rates. Pre period, post period and normal.

Reactions: EllieM