“OMNIPODS” are they any good?

Shaners

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi so I’m a type 1, have been 3years just turned, and I have a real sweet tooth so my bad habits mean I have high glucose all the time with a very high hba1c, I was wondering with my bloodsugara being up and down all the time and my libre not keeping up sometimes would the omnipods still work okay with delivering the insulin and do you think this would be a good option for me? As I’ve always avoided normal pumps due to my job and can’t stand the thought of the tubes Any help would be good thanks!!

Shaners

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I don’t know wanting better control at the moment I’m not injecting straight away thought if it’s easier to do it I might do it more? Some People saying it changes everything that it’s good?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It does change and make it easier to dose, especially with a CGM. You can give yourself doses easier, correction doses easier etc.

When I was on MDI I would give one shot 30 minutes before I ate, sometimes when I ate and a lot of time I would give enough to cover a snack. With any pump you have easier choices about giving a dose, delaying part of the dose or just giving 1 unit as needed. I honestly wouldn't bother with a 1 unit dose or maybe if I grabbed that 5 carb snack even dosing for it before my pump. And I wouldn't even consider a pump until I saw the tubeless Omnipod, I couldn't even envision having to mess with tubes.

But given all of that, it doesn't solve the issue of proper control, dosing or timing. You still need to know the dose you need by carb counting. But yes a push of a button makes it a lot easier to dose and deliver the proper doses when you actually need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medusa41