Blood sugar levels

Quilt61

My sugar levels recently have been hovering around 4.1 in the morning and evening and similar in the day, as a nooby, is this normal, originally it was 7 ish then in the 5’s, I had one of 3.8 is this normal

type2_2020

you should probably have your medication reviewed, with such low numbers, i'm finding myself recently in the same boat but i've been slowly coming off meds this month, seems meds were just stopping my body from functioning and it's definitely working. I was on the same regime as you, novo 3 times a day and lantus 1 at night. definately ask your DN for a review, are you counting carbs? what sort of diet are you on, as you should adjust your insulin doses accordingly.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It's like your insulin needs reducing. Yes, are you carb-counting for each meal to adjust the Bolus?

Quilt61

I’m still waiting to hear from my dietician , got tired of waiting so I have bought a book called “ The simple guide to Diabetes, which is showing me how to count carbs ( sort of ) my blood tests results are linked on line to the clinic, but haven’t heard anything yet

ZESTRIL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My sugar levels recently have been hovering around 4.1 in the morning and evening and similar in the day, as a nooby, is this normal, originally it was 7 ish then in the 5’s, I had one of 3.8 is this normal
Don't you get a funny feeling when you're that lowe has soon as I reached 5 I get the feeling and shaky I'm surprised you don't it's not good to go to lowe if you're diabetic

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m still waiting to hear from my dietician , got tired of waiting so I have bought a book called “ The simple guide to Diabetes, which is showing me how to count carbs ( sort of ) my blood tests results are linked on line to the clinic, but haven’t heard anything yet
Hi again. Just a note to be careful with the advice NHS dieticians give. If they suggest having carbs with each meal, reducing fat intake etc be prepared to run.

Reactions: Quilt61

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
If your DN says just eat more carbs, then I suggest you insist that you would prefer to reduce your Insulin doses rather than eat more of the thing that makes you unwell just in order to be able to handle a higher dose of Insulin than you need!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
are you on any diabetic medications? why type of diabetes do you have?

It looks to me (after viewing postings) that @Quilt61 is T3c after a whipple op, so they aren't in quite the same situation as most posters on here. T3cs have reduced insulin production (so like a T1) but not necessarily no insulin production. In particular, they need to be very careful of hypos because their glucagon response may be impaired (pancreas normally pumps out glucagon in response to a hypo to signal the liver to pump out sugar/glycogen). @Quilt61 please hassle your team, those levels may not be safe for you. Good luck.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It looks to me (after viewing postings) that @Quilt61 is T3c after a whipple op, so they aren't in quite the same situation as most posters on here. T3cs have reduced insulin production (so like a T1) but not necessarily no insulin production. In particular, they need to be very careful of hypos because their glucagon response may be impaired (pancreas normally pumps out glucagon in response to a hypo to signal the liver to pump out sugar/glycogen). @Quilt61 please hassle your team, those levels may not be safe for you. Good luck.
@EllieM. Where did you see info about the Posters T3C op?