Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last day of emulsioning hopefully. I say hopefully as we may run out of paint, and it’s bank holiday Monday so the shop is closed. (It’s a mix up job only available at Trade place). Will be interesting to see reaction of bloods as we try and stretch it out. Major stress me thinks!
All good at the moment though. It’s been amazingly calm and level for about 4 days-unnerving!
Have a good Bank Holiday all.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon, all!

Long walk and now about to do a whirlwind grass cutting. It kind of grew enthusiastically whilst I was away and it is garden bin day tomorrow morning. We're first on the route, so no use leaving it until tomorrow and hope I beat them.

Tomorrow is also the last day before the return to the workplace so I have every intention of just enjoying myself. Quite how yet, remains to be seen.

@Jaylee I hated those night storage radiators with a deadly loathing. I had to live with some for about 5 years and I could never judge them correctly.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I try not to use noisy gardening tools on Sundays and Bank Holidays but my neighbours say they don't mind.

I've always gone down the same line, but so few of my current neighbours have any consideration for other people's needs that my new rule is so it doesn't disturb my very nice elderly immediate neighbour. Who also tells me he'd rather I did it when I can than not do it at all! He's very garden-proud and it kind of pains him that I'm more of a do what I can to keep it tidy and no more kind of soul. I'm off out to do it now, as the ones who sit in their front gardens supervising the world noisily have all gone in and I can hear at least 4 other distant mowers.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee I hated those night storage radiators with a deadly loathing. I had to live with some for about 5 years and I could never judge them correctly.

Lol, yep. One seriously needed to be Nostrodamus to get the best out of them..

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Jaylee I had never heard of them. But they are an apt description. You have to take extra and then bam you don’t need it. That’s always the tricky part.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone had this happen?
I just took my long acting and it looked and felt like it was all dripping along my arm. I stopped injecting halfway because of this and tried to inject the other half in a different spot but the same thing happened.

After this I shot 10 units in the air to check the needle and it looked just fine.
I still think something was wrong with the needle though.

Not sure how much insulin ended up inside my arm and how much on the outside so I took a second shot with a new needle with 25% of my usual dose to at least have some long acting inside of me.

Very glad I'm on Tresiba, which is more forgiving than any other insulin, but the downside of this is that it takes days to balance out a missed dose :shifty:

Last edited:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a couple of incidents like that @Antje77 when I was new to all this injecting malarky and I was trying to use my bum for basal injecting more. Can't completely remember what I did (other than newbie total panic but that happened with almost every injection at that point) but probably added some extra to have some long-acting and covered unexpected rises with corrections. With that, I blamed the fact I couldn't see what I was doing easily so waiting until I felt a lot more confident about the whole process to return to using bum for basal!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone had this happen?
I just took my long acting and it looked and felt like it was all dripping along my arm. I stopped injecting halfway because of this and tried to inject the other half in a different spot but the same thing happened.

After this I shot 10 units in the air to check the needle and it looked just fine.
I still think something was wrong with the needle though.

Not sure how much insulin ended up inside my arm and how much on the outside so I took a second shot with a new needle with 25% of my usual dose to at least have some long acting inside of me.

Very glad I'm on Tresiba, which is more forgiving than any other insulin, but the downside of this is that it takes days to balance out a missed dose :shifty:
Hi Antje, so never. I've experienced a blocked needle - only once in 35 years - and it was the last thiing that occurred to me, I thought it was the pen as the plunger wouldn't depress. I guess it's possible, if you can have a fault where the hole in the needle isn't created in manufacture, to have it created in the wrong place, but other than that, I don't have anything to offer. Sounds like you took a sensible option for dealing with it, fingers crossed your bgs stay as steady as possible. People without T1 have no idea of the range of things that can hit you out of nowhere with a brand new problem to solve :confused:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up early morning with a slow and steady rise on my Libre so I took a correction. The rise had changed to a straight line when I woke up so I took another 25% of my Tresiba dose alongside my morning dose of Fiasp.
Then I went swimming so now I have no idea what are the causes of my BG's, too many variables :wacky:

They are pretty much in range though, albeit a bit less than usual, so I happily take it and hope tomorrow will be back as usual. Which depends on how much Tresiba has ended in me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all - and 167 days later, back to the workplace I go!

Think I have everything... coffee mugs, lunch, hankies, masks, hand sanitiser, change of clothes (in case I get on a bus on the way there), emergency hypo supplies for the work cupboard, spare insulin for the medical team's fridge (quite why they are suddenly now suggesting it's a good idea after 2 years, who knows!)

Anyone who grumbles to me about the extra stuff they are now carrying around will get no sympathy from me - it's just two extras on top of my usual, to be honest! I've always had a change of t-shirt if I've walked in and taken travel mugs with coffee and my lunch.

Whether or not I will be in one piece by the end of the day with information overload is another matter.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning,5.5 waking and ready for breakfast, which for a change will be Weetabix & eggs Benedict and I'll remember to restock my Mornflake porridge oats later :)

A day stood on a hop up sanding the living room ceiling for the penultimate time and a cycle ride later, next week will 'really' see me going back to the gym and also see me waving wallpaper around so it's all go :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning,5.5 waking and ready for breakfast, which for a change will be Weetabix & eggs Benedict and I'll remember to restock my Mornflake porridge oats later :)

A day stood on a hop up sanding the living room ceiling for the penultimate time and a cycle ride later, next week will 'really' see me going back to the gym and also see me waving wallpaper around so it's all go :)

You will be going to the gym for a rest Kev :hilarious:

AND good morning all

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, long time no posting. Been going through some bad times, eventually I got in touch with my GP and now I'm on anti-depressant tablets, it will take a few weeks to kick in, so I'm keeping everything crossed.

On a very very sad note our beloved cat Pebbles died suddenly last week, 27th August, I still can't believe she has gone she was such a lovely good-natured, loving cat, I miss her terribly.

15781684_1846409535574981_3633402041413752039_n.jpg XOX

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon guys, long time no posting. Been going through some bad times, eventually I got in touch with my GP and now I'm on anti-depressant tablets, it will take a few weeks to kick in, so I'm keeping everything crossed.

On a very very sad note our beloved cat Pebbles died suddenly last week, 27th August, I still can't believe she has gone she was such a lovely good-natured, loving cat, I miss her terribly.

View attachment 43703 XOX
sorry for your your loss xx and i hope you are feeling better soon xx

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

View attachment 43703 XOX
Sending a cwtch from myself and a hug from KimPossible x

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie 2

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya @Robinredbreast, good to see you on although sad to see you're having a bad time so hugs from me too.

Teeth gritted you'll get through it :) x

Reactions: Rose22