What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stabbo has me pegged at 5.3 today which is a poor return for LC woe IMHO but in the circs it may be better than it appears. #kneegate improved with naproxen and tea,tea,tea. 2 granddaughters for the price of one today and the jewel in the crown - grandson- after school:):)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A disappointing 6.0 today. Now I have to go and set up the community larder an stand outside for an hour in the rain, the day gets better and better!

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
another 8.2 ! was hoping for better especially after 2 hrs in the gym

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
another 8.2 ! was hoping for better especially after 2 hrs in the gym
@mojo37 , don’tget despondent. Exercise always increses my BG fora couple of hours, after. Almost makes me want to justify being a couch potato, but not agood choice as joints seize up if I don’t keep moving. Positive of exercise is thar, for me, the increse in endorphins gives a feeling of wellbeing, and I am not losing much muscle mass as I age. Also with exercise, and watching carb intake, overall average BG is reducing.

Fasting today 5.4.

Babs51

my BS this morning was 8.5!!!! I am pre diabetic. Have been 15yrs!! Need some advice as I'm concerned what's happening. I'm trying very hard to follow a low carbs diet. Many thanks.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my BS this morning was 8.5!!!! I am pre diabetic. Have been 15yrs!! Need some advice as I'm concerned what's happening. I'm trying very hard to follow a low carbs diet. Many thanks.
Hello, @Babs51, and welcome back. prediabetic for 15 years is a long time to remain below diabetic range. Well done. How have you managed that? Diet? Meds?
Are you testing regularly? Sorry lots of questions before we can suggest ways to help.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not checked mine in a while. 5.5 this morning. Have been reintroducing some carbs slowly after initial low carb diet so will need to monitor more to see which carbs affect my blood sugar more.
Great first post. Welcome.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 for me
FB_IMG_1594467240067.jpg