What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Very pleased to say molly56’s cataract op was a complete success,looking at her eye you wouldn’t know it was operated on just Friday last....she can see well already and I’m making sure she’s waited on hand and foot huge malteaser choc’ cake waiting for her as we got home..just baked another cake..fruity courgette and sultana with all spice .
@wolfie11969,hope your on the mend and Thankyou for all your kind wishes,regards to all

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

Today off out with a mask to the local shopping centre (need new undergarments :oops::oops:)

And of course I have to go and look in HMV see if there are any sparkly new dvds.

Oh and a box of chocs for my elderly uncle's next door neighbour who has looked after him over this covid stuff cus we live too far and also he has been shielding

Reactions: Clivethedrive

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today a couple of hours free before my daughter and the girls arrive for tea. Daughter's boyfriend also coming so might be good to get a chat with him whilst on our own territory (no I'm not going to interrogate him, well maybe a little :shifty::shifty:)

I'm just doing my morning rounds and then I'm off to read my book

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just a couple of our beef tomatoes
IMG_1607.jpg
just short of a kilo

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry been MIA been super busy.

Meetings with the relatives far and wide and looking after the darling grandkids as mummy has decided to move house. My respect for my daughter has gone up shed loads after being in charge of a 3 year old type I diabetic. Having to remember all the stuff that goes with food and insulin is mind boggling. I did OK, one child fed and happy and in the zone.

And to think I'm doing it all again tomorrow. Today I'm doing what girls do best ... I'm going shopping. I'm sure somewhere there is a book just waiting to be loved by me and my bookshelves

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Calm before the storm. Picking the wee darlings up at 1 and then we will see which rooms get trashed by a 3 year old whilrwind.
Although she did play a bit on one of hubby's games consoles the other day. She plays better than I do. Co-ordination is great but she cant quite follow the story.

@Molly56 how you doing? When is your next cataract op?

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Molly56 how you doing? When is your next cataract op?

@wolfie11969 Doing just fine thanks.....can see clearly now with left eye and can even drive without glasses which I had to wear before.....have got post op check at opticians on 1st Sept after which I should get all clear for second op to go ahead so am guessing mid Sept for the next one followed by recovery and post op check....hopefully by mid to end October I should have both done and recovered and can get any new glasses I may need (think I will just need reading glasses as new lens inserted corrects my distance vision) .....am hoping I end up with two eyes that work together rather than one long sighted and one short sighted I had before...
...gradually getting back to normal activities as I was banned from housework and gardening for first two weeks !

Last edited:

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks

Well lots of babysitting in wolfie's house. I'm shattered. Got a day off today then they are back tomorrow oh my.
Youngest daughter coming today for a short visit. I cant help but wonder if this is going to be an announcement of some sort as we saw them both quite recently. Either that or she wants me to get her an appt with the hairdresser lol.

@Molly56 fingers crossed for you that second op comes through quite quickly and that all is sorted for you. Hope you and hubby are well.

@Cumberland hope you're well too.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Very pleased to say molly56’s cataract op was a complete success,looking at her eye you wouldn’t know it was operated on just Friday last....she can see well already and I’m making sure she’s waited on hand and foot huge malteaser choc’ cake waiting for her as we got home..just baked another cake..fruity courgette and sultana with all spice .
@wolfie11969,hope your on the mend and Thankyou for all your kind wishes,regards to all

Excellent

Send her my best wishes

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi folks

Well lots of babysitting in wolfie's house. I'm shattered. Got a day off today then they are back tomorrow oh my.
Youngest daughter coming today for a short visit. I cant help but wonder if this is going to be an announcement of some sort as we saw them both quite recently. Either that or she wants me to get her an appt with the hairdresser lol.

@Molly56 fingers crossed for you that second op comes through quite quickly and that all is sorted for you. Hope you and hubby are well.

@Cumberland hope you're well too.

I’m ok thanks Wolfie

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Excellent

Send her my best wishes
@Cumberland .....thank you ......post op check for first eye done on Tuesday .....got the all clear for next one which I now have booked for the 17th.....now in self isolation for next two weeks before op so self imposed lockdown (including for my birthday next week!).....good news is that by mid October I should have second post op check, new glasses for reading and can get on with living once again with two new eyes :wideyed:...
....hope everyone else is ok and getting on with whatever life has in store for them at the moment :)

Reactions: Cumberland

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well more babysitting here. The youngest keeps calling me mom so I guess she sees too much of me. At least with babysitting I get to read my books

I'm off out today. It's my 14th wedding anniversary and we are going out for a meal on Friday to accomodate my birthday too. Usually we would be away this time of year but still hoping Turkey goes ahead in October.

My eldest granddaughter has recently started comprehensive school and she seems to be enjoying it.

@Molly56 good luck with they eye op. You know what to expect now. Hope hubby is well.

@Cumberland keep well my friend

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm bored. Had my hair done - not sure if I like it. Sat bored since 2.30 as couldnt be bothered to do anything.
So you lot have me for a couple of minutes then I'm off to see whats up in facebook world

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi all

@Molly56 have you had your other eye done as yet?
@Clivethedrive is Ms Molly keeping herself calm and relaxed? How's the garden produce going?
@Cumberland how tyou doing my friend?

All OK in Wolfie's world. Seems to be a case of doing the same thing every day. I've had an easy week of it so far.
My daughter was sent home from work on Sunday as she has a stinking cold so I got home early. And because of Boris and the new plans the social club she works in now have to be closed by 10 so I'm going to be home pretty early every night I'm due to have the wee darlings.

Havent done much with the week. Stepson at his mom's so we have taken things easy. Only saw my eldest and the girls yesterday. Youngest and hubby due Sunday for lunch.

What has everyone else been doing with their time?
Any flu jabs as yet?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@wolfie11969
Hi , just phoned eye hospital they are asking initial examination next week, molly56 has been behaving and her eyes are looking great both done now.
IMG_1601030598.026104.jpg
just some of ripe ones. Loads more to come...sad I say cox apple tree only produced 6 apples but not as big as last year’s
Good to hear you and your family are ok...hope your daughter has just a cold,
I had my flu jab yesterday as I’m. Nearly 69....
We are both getting used to being home now...finding things to do at home.
Have you installed COVID-19 app?
We have and it’s saying medium risk...
Are you stocked up with bog rolls....seems like panic buying is on the rise again
Bought some fish from local fishmongers ,trout with flaked almonds for tea tonight and cod and prawn pie for Friday.
I expect people will buy more booze to drink at home
Getting colder here 6 c this morning just rising to 11 now.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wolfie11969
Hi , just phoned eye hospital they are asking initial examination next week, molly56 has been behaving and her eyes are looking great both done now.
just some of ripe ones. Loads more to come...sad I say cox apple tree only produced 6 apples but not as big as last year’s
Good to hear you and your family are ok...hope your daughter has just a cold,
I had my flu jab yesterday as I’m. Nearly 69....
We are both getting used to being home now...finding things to do at home.
Have you installed COVID-19 app?
We have and it’s saying medium risk...
Are you stocked up with bog rolls....seems like panic buying is on the rise again
Bought some fish from local fishmongers ,trout with flaked almonds for tea tonight and cod and prawn pie for Friday.
I expect people will buy more booze to drink at home
Getting colder here 6 c this morning just rising to 11 now.

Morning both

Well pretty rubbish weather here in the Midlands. Sun might be shining but its perishing cold. I think I'm staying home today and finding something productive to do upstairs.
Our flu jabs have to wait as our surgery are concentrating on over 65's at moment.
And no to the app - I'm a bit scared shall we say.. I dont need anything to add to my every growing anxiety and paranoia.
Not to loo rolls. I have 2 x 9 packets which we bought before the second wave of panic buying hit. Hubby will do what he can when he goes shopping. We could be wiping our butts on rewashable j-cloths lol. I'm not loading the washing machine :hungover:

Have a good weekend all, I'm off to do some dusting

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello everyone

Mrs Molly aye aye or eye eye hope you continue to improve and that the apprehension has yielded good results for your peepers

Hello Mr Clive

Hello Wolfie - sorry it’s late but happy birthday

Hello to anyone looking in on this thread come join in say hi