Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
90.8 ( saturday)
@SlimLizzy my fbs for the last three or so weeks have ranged from 7.2 to 5,9..but almost always return to mid fives by pre evening meal..so for me it is what it is....
@DJC3 hope you enjoy!..such a relief....i had reinvented split ends again which were a big thing on the telly adverts back in the day...
rats tails also would have been a good description!

Last edited:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to post a while back when my weight had gone down to 95 kilos and apparently stuck there - I joked that my scales would only give me that one weight, though it would be a couple of kilos higher when checked at surgery. I haven't weighed myself for ages and thought I had put on some weight again, but when I had my diabetic review recently I was slightly gobsmacked to discover that their scales told me I was still 97 kilos. o_O It made my rather weighty day though...:):)

Poppyseeds

Hi I'm new to the forum, I'm type 2 and haven't really done much to control my diabetes apart from the medication until May after visiting the DR during covid and learnt how I'm at risk. On 26/05/20 weighed myself the scales said 12st 12lbs I'm on 4ft 10 so I'm obese, 27/05/20 started healthy eating. I weigh myself every thursday weight as of 13/8/20 10st 13lbs. I'm trying to learn how to control and manage my diabetes. So on a learning journey.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
21/08 - 88.1kg

going the right way, now the lightest in over 2 decades and gone from XXL to L and I’ve got my entire wardrobe bagged in the garage ready to go to a charity shop. Trying not to replace much till I get a bit further on

this forum has helped so much

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
55.8kg the 30 hr fasts are helping weight as well as BG control. Can’t say I’m enjoying it much though and I’ll be glad when the week’s over.
@Poppyseeds welcome and what a great start! 2stone in less than 3 months is really good going. It will make controlling your diabetes so much easier.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still 45.8 not gone up but not gone down either. !
Carol

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm new to the forum, I'm type 2 and haven't really done much to control my diabetes apart from the medication until May after visiting the DR during covid and learnt how I'm at risk. On 26/05/20 weighed myself the scales said 12st 12lbs I'm on 4ft 10 so I'm obese, 27/05/20 started healthy eating. I weigh myself every thursday weight as of 13/8/20 10st 13lbs. I'm trying to learn how to control and manage my diabetes. So on a learning journey.

Great start Poppyseeds. Stick around here, there are lots of people who have walked the path you are currently on, so lots of tips and tricks available to you.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Poppyseeds, I like to think of myself as an ambitious 5'0 and as nobody ever bothers to measure my height I can get away with it. I was around same weight as you at 80 kilos when I was first diagnosed about a year and a half ago . I am currently 56kilos. I was 55kilos around Christmas time and seemed to reach a plateau which was ok by me as I am not particularly small boned. Then there was lockdown and I put on 2 kilos. I am now 56 kilos so have lost a kilo in the last couple of weeks, hoping to continue the downward trend. Good luck to you and your journey. .

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
No change at all. Going crazy hard with weight training, hope I’m swapping fat for muscle.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
87.2kg today

On holiday next week so hopefully lots of walking will offset anything naughty
There are ups and downs but we are all doing the best we can. Happy Friday all!

Last edited:

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
90.6 again..fasting blood sugars still high though averaging high sixes and down to mid to high fives before evening meal...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Forgot to weigh yesterday.
This morning Saturday 49.6kg .
Well done @carty not many appreciate the effort us skinnies put into maintaining.