Hi everyone

Tan31

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people that like to be mean and horrible towards people well the world is not at its best now so always be kind
I’m new in here I’ve been diabetic since 2011 I’m type one diabetic my names Tania I’m 31 years old got 2 beautiful kiddies and a loving partner I’m struggling to manage my blood sugars

Reactions: Brokenbill

sweetbloodsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cilantro, liver, rudeness, cruelty, impatience, prejudice, hatred. kale
Welcome, Tania. Hope you find a lot of good information and support here.

Reactions: Tan31

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Welcome to the forums @Tan31.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m new in here I’ve been diabetic since 2011 I’m type one diabetic my names Tania I’m 31 years old got 2 beautiful kiddies and a loving partner I’m struggling to manage my blood sugars

Hi Tania,

Welcome to the forum.

What insulin/s are you prescribed?
Where do you feel it could be better? Highs? Too many lows? "Roller coaster BGs??

Tan31

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people that like to be mean and horrible towards people well the world is not at its best now so always be kind
Hi Tania,

Welcome to the forum.

What insulin/s are you prescribed?
Where do you feel it could be better? Highs? Too many lows? "Roller coaster BGs??

I’m up and down with my blood sugars I’m on novorapid in the day and tresiba for the night

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m up and down with my blood sugars
emoji17.png
I’m on novorapid in the day and tresiba for the night

Hi again,

OK, well? The Tresiba is your foundation with the long acting profile.
It's worth basal testing that first to check nothing is amiss before looking at what's happening with the novorapid onboard too?

Tan31

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Are you carb-counting i.e. adjusting the NovoRapid to the carbs in each meal? Your Basal needs to be tweaked so that your BS stays stable without eating for a good few hours.

Justphil

Hey Tania, im new to this type 1 myself, i was diagnosed in July. So im probably not the best person to give advice, however since day one i have kept my BG between 4.5 and never go above 7.5. (Never had a hypo)

The only thing i can say that may help is,....all my meals are like clockwork. I only eat low GI bread from the bakers. I never have 2 slices in a row, so if im exceptionally hungry at breakfast il have 2, but then lunch just have 1, or vice verser. If i have potato i only eat 4 small new potatoes or baby potatoes, i also eat sweet potato fries, ready made from lidl.

I never count the carbs in vegetables and i have them with every main meal that i eat. I usually have a salad in the weekdays with 1 slice of bread.

I snack on fridge raiders, or salami. Or lentil crisps. For supper i eat 1 slice of toast with 100% peanut butter on. (Desert spoon full)

I dont have any idea how you have survived since 2011. Im fed up already i miss pizza and chips. Although i can still have a tandoori mixed grill without the rice.

Reactions: Day0_NZ

dani96xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey Tania, im new to this type 1 myself, i was diagnosed in July. So im probably not the best person to give advice, however since day one i have kept my BG between 4.5 and never go above 7.5. (Never had a hypo)

The only thing i can say that may help is,....all my meals are like clockwork. I only eat low GI bread from the bakers. I never have 2 slices in a row, so if im exceptionally hungry at breakfast il have 2, but then lunch just have 1, or vice verser. If i have potato i only eat 4 small new potatoes or baby potatoes, i also eat sweet potato fries, ready made from lidl.

I never count the carbs in vegetables and i have them with every main meal that i eat. I usually have a salad in the weekdays with 1 slice of bread.

I snack on fridge raiders, or salami. Or lentil crisps. For supper i eat 1 slice of toast with 100% peanut butter on. (Desert spoon full)

I dont have any idea how you have survived since 2011. Im fed up already i miss pizza and chips. Although i can still have a tandoori mixed grill without the rice.
Hello, I see your comment about missing foods you ate before being diabetic. You can eat all the same foods you used to you just have to inject for it! I appreciate you are probably scared to mix up your meals however I would recommend maybe a couple of times a week trying different food and becoming more comfortable with carb counting to give you more flexibility. I am always happy to help or give any advice

dani96xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello Tan, maybe try and get your basal insulin correct first and then focus on your bolus insulin. Record all your carb:insulin ratio be strict with your snacks and you will soon work out what is right for you. Here if you want any advice