What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @PenguinMum, also @ianpspurs do you mean you won’t ever test again or are you just having a break?
I agree my WOE won’t change and Im not sure that testing is always informative, it is sometimes dispiriting though. I haven’t been doing this as long as you but you seem to have found a regime that works for you - Certainly in terms of bg you have excellent control.
I do sometimes wonder what the point is once I know that a slice of fruit cake or a sandwich is not good news, what else is there to know?
Probably too much for ‘some chat’ thread so I apologise.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @PenguinMum, also @ianpspurs do you mean you won’t ever test again or are you just having a break?
I agree my WOE won’t change and Im not sure that testing is always informative, it is sometimes dispiriting though. I haven’t been doing this as long as you but you seem to have found a regime that works for you - Certainly in terms of bg you have excellent control.
I do sometimes wonder what the point is once I know that a slice of fruit cake or a sandwich is not good news, what else is there to know?
Probably too much for ‘some chat’ thread so I apologise.
Just having a break.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just having a break.
Missing you already. ;)
Just because I wanted to tell everybody, yes everybody, that today my fasting level was 4.9.:D
After an enormous dinner of roast beef last night.

Reactions: DJC3

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
6.3 this morning. Ran too low the night before last night, so ran a little higher overnight. I'm sitting on 5 at the moment. Have a great day.

Last edited:

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
today it was 4.8 but as the day has progressed it has risen , maybe because one of my older dogs died today and I forgot how painful it is when you lose a pet, she was almost 15 years old and had been declinin g over the last week I knew it was going to happen but it never stops the pain in your heart when it does R I P my beloved Briani xxx

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
today it was 4.8 but as the day has progressed it has risen , maybe because one of my older dogs died today and I forgot how painful it is when you lose a pet, she was almost 15 years old and had been declinin g over the last week I knew it was going to happen but it never stops the pain in your heart when it does R I P my beloved Briani xxx

So very sorry to read this. The pain of the loss of our last dog completely took me by surprise, I hadn’t expected it to hurt that much, I really feel for you. Hugs galore.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Sorry for your loss