Update

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not been on here for a while because I thought I was doing ok.
Just got results for my latest blood test and 3 years on I am still In my remission with a blood sugar reading of 41.
Thanks for all help in past, low carb really works.

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got results for my latest blood test and 3 years on I am still In my remission with a blood sugar reading of 41.
There is no doubt about your assertion that Low Carb really works as I can attest. Keep it up.

Reactions: MrsA2

Newlysweet

Hi Malcs, well done. May I ask how many grammes of carb/day is your personal goal/limit?

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done! An inspiration to us all!

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Malcs, well done. May I ask how many grammes of carb/day is your personal goal/limit?
When I first started it was between 35 and 50 because I needed to lose a few stone. Now I aim to be between 50 and 90 although I sometimes get to above 100 at weekends. However I am maintaining my wait and blood sugar.

Newlysweet

When I first started it was between 35 and 50 because I needed to lose a few stone. Now I aim to be between 50 and 90 although I sometimes get to above 100 at weekends. However I am maintaining my wait and blood sugar.

Interesting, thanks - I’m just emerging from the strict low carb /weight loss phase, easing back to 90-100g/day in low GI form would give me more choices for the long haul. Fingers crossed my monitoring shows I can handle it too!

Reactions: malcs90