What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Pipp I do hope you are feeling better now please take care those insect bites can be very nasty and can cause all sorts of problems.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A surprising 5.3 today
I hadn’t realised it was flu jab time already either. Thanks for the tip about the pharmacy @JohnEGreen . As an NHS worker I always had one at work OHD organised them for everyone, now I have to remember myself.
@Pipp hugs for the swollen painful face. What a horrible place to have been bitten - there does seem to have been a plague of nasty biting insects this year, especially horseflies.
I work for the NHS too so can have the flu jab through work but I always abstain and will do this time ( doesn't go down well with work or my doctors ) .

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I work for the NHS too so can have the flu jab through work but I always abstain and will do this time ( doesn't go down well with work or my doctors ) .
Your choice and one you are at perfect liberty to make, just be sure if and when you catch the flu don't go to work and spread it round.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your choice and one you are at perfect liberty to make, just be sure if and when you catch the flu don't go to work and spread it round.
lol the only place that I have ever got flu from is work and it is my choice .

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
lol the only place that I have ever got flu from is work and it is my choice .
Exactly as I said your choice but for you to have got the flu at work somebody had to bring it into the work place at some point. My wife works for the NHS and the office is a breeding ground for the flu virus and that is where she always seems to pick it up too.:)

Just to add my apologies for taking this thread of the rails and will desist.:sorry:

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Exactly as I said your choice but for you to have got the flu at work somebody had to bring it into the work place at some point. My wife works for the NHS and the office is a breeding ground for the flu virus and that is where she always seems to pick it up too.:)
I had a very bad virus infection over 3 yrs ago ( most of the staff were off work with it ) caught from one of our very aggressive residents who likes to spit all the phlegm he can muster in your face when you are carrying out is personal care. Our delightful manager at the time refused to let staff wear masks. I had to have 3 weeks on the sick which then resulted in me having a counselling for sickness.I agree that he must have " caught" it from somewhere but if I was prone to getting the flu etc maybe then I would feel more inclined to have yet another medication pumped into me on the off chance that I might catch this seasons flu .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the good wishes, folks.
I am going to try the teabag poultice. Fasting was 5.6 today. I will probably continue to fast as don’t feellike eating much today.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’m the opposite - I was always first in the queue!

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the good wishes, folks.
I am going to try the teabag poultice. Fasting was 5.6 today. I will probably continue to fast as don’t feellike eating much today.

Great fasting BG in spite of the face trauma!