Tolerate Fruit/Veg Juices????

tom2pin

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
This may sound brain dead but has anyone found a way of tolerating fruit/veg juices??

I'm aware that this is a fast hit of sugar without the fibre but just curious to see if anyone can tolerate these in moderation?

Thanks

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This may sound brain dead but has anyone found a way of tolerating fruit/veg juices??

I'm aware that this is a fast hit of sugar without the fibre but just curious to see if anyone can tolerate these in moderation?

Thanks

Not me I'm afraid!
@Brunneria can tolerate some veg smoothie, I will let her advise you.
With fur It is to do with the concentration of sugars and the rapid spike that we can't cope with. Myself, I have small pieces of fruit throughout the day, this helps me with some vital vitamins and gives me some fibre.
I have always ate a lot of fruit.
I eat a lot of berries with or without Greek yoghurt. Which usually doesn't trouble my blood levels. But I know how many to have at one time!

Keep safe

Reactions: BBTempleN

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought a nutribullet just before diagnosis. I tried two or three smoothies, all caused huge spikes, far more than the same foods unpulverised.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “

Thanks
Yes! But only after an extreme workout. I sometimes have 3oz of orange juice after leg day at the gym. Otherwise I have a difficult time making it home.

stan efferding may sometimes give his clients small amounts of OJ strategically to increase metabolism, body temperature.

I’ll spike if I have juice outside the golden hour

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could try green smoothies.
They contain all the veg and fruit pulp, so all the fibre.
You can also adjust the recipe since you make it up yourself. The more veg and less fruit, the better.

i haven’t had one for years, but when I did, my blood glucose was fine if I used spinach, courgette, avocado, half a small apple and a handful of berries. Around 80%veg, 20% fruit, and used water as the liquid (not fruit juice!). That would give a 2 or 3 portions, which I would refrigerate and drink within 24 hrs. Lemon jiuce helps prevent oxidation.

you need a powerful blender though.

Last edited: