What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Fbg 6.8..sun, sea, sangria...nuff said.

A lazy glorious day again, yesterday.

Sat, ate, drank, swam, sunbathed, repeated hourly
Dr JJ's prescription for some respite from an awful year.

Schoolboy error...
Went to beach no treats for cats...doh
Still had this little chap, forgive us and clamber up for strokes & cuddles, instead..xx

View attachment 43971 View attachment 43972

And this one ambushed us at supermarket.
Kisses & cuddles before realising we were cat poor in treats..

View attachment 43973

And for the more doggie orientated

Rush hour traffic grinds to a halt in Turunc

View attachment 43974

2/3 dogs seem to endlessly patrol the promenade..

Big dogs, but so friendly.
View attachment 43975 View attachment 43976

A great relaxing holiday @jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

My daily painting for today.

In Procreate. I did the same effect I did yesterday, but I didn't overstretch the coloured pixels from the black like I did yesterday. I did about two-thirds less stretching. This now meant when I made the swirly marble psychedelic effects, then I could reduce the opacity and there was still colour. Whereas yesterday's one that I overstretched the pixels, reducing the opacity produced muddy brown colours.

So now I could put a picture underneath. I thought the mermaid face I did a week or so ago would work under this marble, psychedelic effect. I quite like it!!! It is unusual for me to really like something I have painted. I am usually always thinking I could do better.

Here it is...

2EAA0C23-627A-489B-BC26-C196EBEC5E6C.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't sure whether to post this art. Done for friends in Oz who work as advocates for domestic abuse situations.

If the mods think it is inappropriate here then feel free to remove it.

I will add that if you or someone you know suffer as a victim of abuse you can call Refuge on 0808 2000 247, you can also get immediate help and protection by dialling 999.

View attachment 43979
Art put to usefulness, well done.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

In Procreate. I did the same effect I did yesterday, but I didn't overstretch the coloured pixels from the black like I did yesterday. I did about two-thirds less stretching. This now meant when I made the swirly marble psychedelic effects, then I could reduce the opacity and there was still colour. Whereas yesterday's one that I overstretched the pixels, reducing the opacity produced muddy brown colours.

So now I could put a picture underneath. I thought the mermaid face I did a week or so ago would work under this marble, psychedelic effect. I quite like it!!! It is unusual for me to really like something I have painted. I am usually always thinking I could do better.

Here it is...

View attachment 43992
Your experimenting is paying dividends, very effective art.
Ok, back to usual and a quick one of...
View attachment 43986
brilliant I like the study youhave made of the light Tod give is depth and the 3D feel.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 7.1 for me today. Probably the cocktail of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen I have been poisoning myself with. This face pain is not going away.

Sorry no art I am in too much discomfort.

Kiln dried logs arriving today, usually tipped on drive so I need to try a ignore this pain to get it stacked.

Keep well,keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Autumn weather seems to be behaving nicely this week, let's see if the Brits can. All round sub-optimal but nothing to worry about day. Fbg 5.3 via Stabbo, weight 74.4 kgs (BMI 22.7), SPO2 97 and temp 36.1, 7 hrs 31 for an 85 sleep score - at a guess slight cold from a granddaughter (or 2) is responsible for the off data. Store cupboards being prepared for Lockdown: The sequel. 5 litres each of EVO, Mayonnaise and ACV, frozen chopped avo in freezer and Vit D on repeat order. Flu jab booked at local Pharmacy. I know where to acquire the next 1/2 pig. Tradies lined up to complete phase 2 to make the place sellable or bearable, MIL's move to within 5 mins walk of us and No 1 son well underway and grass growing. Hug for the tooth issues @Muddy Cyclist I used to so enjoy stacking logs. Spurs were rubbish, Aussies collapsed in cricket and Tom Brady scored a TD on his first drive for The Bucs. I made a gate out of a pallet so Sunday was ok. Toodle Pip Chums.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @dunelm
Are you talking about marbling? To create end pages for book binding? Loads books had that when I was a child. I experimented then with brown wrapping paper, water, but I have no idea what paints I used to float on the water.
Yes, that’s the thing

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

Here it is...

View attachment 43992
fabulous, very effective. Lets go to Haight-Ashbury

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not a bad sleep but could have stayed in bed longer if it weren't for the shopping delivery & another check up at the vets...hoping I'll perk up after my coffee...sun is out so it could be worse...woke to a 6.7...keep safe everyone

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a touch of azure in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a keto type selection from the Full English list of options came in at 4.6 this am. I always like the mushrooms sautéed in a blob of butter until they begin to brown and the water content is reduced to get a ‘bite’. Al Dente.

A wonderful day yesterday for Little Miss Pamplemousse and her pre-birthday day - “A very merry unbirthday to you”.... an explore in the woods hunting for a dragon, back in time for cake and medals all round. Mrs Miggins and I got home just in time to nip round to MIL’s and hang some curtains that she had had altered, salvaged from her bunaglow and now residing in her shiny new appartment.

Sorry to read that the tooth ache is not subsiding @Muddy Cyclist, any news on the medic front - the NHS has allegedly told GP’s that they must offer face to face consultations. I am investigating moving to Orkney should they succeed in their plan for self determination from the wee kranky mayor of Edinburgh.

Nothing planned for today so it’s probably a walk down the beach and returning via the park. My sketch today is of one of the several foot brides in said nearby park. Hope everyone manages to have a good day. Koffy still needs practicing.

upload_2020-9-14_8-14-43.jpeg

Reactions: HarryBeau