Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all!!

First full week back in the workplace achieved. Goodness knows how long it will be for, but we will see. We have additional local lockdown rules being introduced from Tuesday and we are all rather bemused by the fact of no going to people's homes/gardens, but nothing to stop us meeting in a pub should we so desire. Actually, it's going to affect me personally not one iota, being somewhat of a solitary soul outside work, but a lot of people are being very frustrated by the whole thing.

In other news.... massive drum roll.... after a full week of walking to work, then most of the way home, all insulin ratios have been restored to pre-lockdown levels and the pre-lockdown jeans are closer to being able to being worn again after a month of more usual walking/activity levels. I'm also upstairs in my workplace building this year, so possibly the one-way system around the building with the two lots of stairs every time I need to collect printing/drinks top-ups is adding to the exercise.

I really am quite astounded at how much difference returning to my normal levels of physical activity has had!

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Oh my gosh, the handyman is back and hopefully finishing the rooms he had started to put shelves in. It's almost finished and looks like if he disappears again, it will just need paint which we can do. We've only seen him once since covid started. His other job and him quarantining etc etc. Hopefully he stays around long enough to get the floor done in the other room. Then hopefully we can empty the third room that has everything stored in it for the two rooms that needed the work.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone have a good weekend off to Llangollan for the weekend soon and weather looks like its going to be ok

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, hope you're having a good time @karen8967, strange not to see your early morning greeting first thing!

I have more hedges than I can handle in my garden and a friend of mine who's a bit of an expert always comes to cut my long yew hedge. He and his son will be here today doing that and it's ages since I saw them so that'll be good, and my other friend who introduced us years ago is coming over too to see them. My most social day at home for ages, and for once in the garden all I have gto do is make the tea! Oh, and take all the hedge cuttings to the tip....:(

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Fairygodmother is 15 years young?
How big is the pot? It may be that it hasn’t been able to achieve its potential because the pot has constricted its growth. Is it a variety that should do well in a temperate climate (wherever that is in the age of climate heating)?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It’s my birthday in a week’s time (No cards, no presents please, just congratulations and gasps that I’ve lasted this long) and there was a surprise visit from our very distancing and double masked older daughter this morning, bringing gift in readiness.
She was also glad of the opportunity to talk about the events at the school where she works where groups have already been sent home to isolate, things like the year 7s crowding round her desk despite being told they mustn’t; there being no visors, sanitiser or temperature gauge in the first aid room - she’s a first aider. Glad to be a venting post and very very sad that I’ve not the dosh to pay her and her pension contributions so she can resign now. She’d really miss the job if she did, but not the current conditions.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s my birthday in a week’s time (No cards, no presents please, just congratulations and gasps that I’ve lasted this long) and there was a surprise visit from our very distancing and double masked older daughter this morning, bringing gift in readiness.
She was also glad of the opportunity to talk about the events at the school where she works where groups have already been sent home to isolate, things like the year 7s crowding round her desk despite being told they mustn’t; there being no visors, sanitiser or temperature gauge in the first aid room - she’s a first aider. Glad to be a venting post and very very sad that I’ve not the dosh to pay her and her pension contributions so she can resign now. She’d really miss the job if she did, but not the current conditions.
It's my birthday this coming week @Fairygodmother, my sister and brother-in-law are coming for a couple of days to visit and I'm very, very excited about it. We haven't seen each other for over a year; two visits were planned over autumn/winter then all went awry due to health things; just about to do it when lockdown struck. They're about 170 miles away so flying visits aren't an option. Fingers tightly crossed all goes okay this time.

Hope you're all having a good Sunday; beautiful day here.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

The hug, in a very distanced way, is really for daughter along with much, much sympathy.

We had similar issues in our "isolating" room within our building (including discovering it had somehow turned into a furniture storage room overnight when we had to isolate someone in a hurry) and we've already broken the system for dealing with anyone displaying symptoms - and that was a someone who had tested negative last week!! The H&S guy was sent away with a lot to think about after a long feedback session from those of us involved with that incident!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sorry to hear that, FG.

We had an email from my son’s school late Thursday night (11pm late) to say not to go in the next day as they needed to deep clean the sixth form common areas as someone had tested positive - and unless we heard again from school or track&trace to go back in on Monday. Another email yesterday to say he’s been in direct close contact with this person for prolonged periods (no mask, of course) and he has to isolate for two weeks. As long as he’s asymptomatic, husbeast and me can carry on as normal. So that’s fun. We’ve made sure we have a fortnight’s worth of tinned food in the cupboard just in case, and are monitoring him closely. Oh, and my antibody test came back negative. All good fun, but my loop kept me 100% in range during all that :D

Back on clinical placement tomorrow, starting with a nightshift.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was my birthday tuesday and tommy took me away for the weekend we stayed overnight in Llangollen then was in snowdonia today we have had a fab time some beautiful places in wales

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Really hope he shows no symptoms @LooperCat, though the current crop of coronas doing the rounds may provide a bit of diagnostic fudge without a test. If he’s clear then you’ve already got a Brexit store ready - win win

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@karen8967
Happy Belated Birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! Happy Belated Birthday!
Happy Belated Birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! Happy Belated Birthday!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967
Thanks marie 2 x