Loving My Freestyle Libra 2 but have 1 problem

Mark in Spain

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with my sensors and connection to my iphone.
I am now on my second 3 month batch of sensors, firstly let me just say the first 3 months batch worked perfectly and I found the whole sensor thing a real game changer. I knocked one of my first sensors off walking through a door which meant I only got 2 days use instead of 2 weeks, other then that its brilliant and now I know how to secure them properly.
Since picking up my second batch I can not get the alerts to work correctly and am now not being notified when I am going high or low. other then that all works perfect when I swipe but of course I need to know via me settings when I am going low before I actually become low, and same for when I am going high. If anyone has had the same problem could they please let me know? So we are singing off the same hyme sheet the, the red dotted lines on my grafts on the iphone are now not showing and this means I am not getting a night alarm if my sugars start go high. before they do. I am lucky as if I go low in the night my body knows the score and wakes me up sharpish. I cant seem to get a straight forward answer over here in Spain where I live so advise is most welcomed. Lastly are the freestyle and sensors free in UK as they are here in Spain? Many thanks and keep safe everyone. great website by the way as I only discovered it yesterday.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lastly are the freestyle and sensors free in UK as they are here in Spain
I cant answer your questions about the Libre 2, but I can answer this question I've quoted, some of us can get the Libre (1) prescribed, maybe about 20% of T1's (ie not all by a long way), there are criteria to be able to get them on prescription (in some places this is stricter than others), but there is still a limit on how many can get them.
I don't think the Libre 2 is even available in the UK yet let alone on prescription :(

Mark in Spain

I think they must be really tight over in the UK not offering the Free style 2, as the other night I saw it being advertised on UK tv from my house where I live in Spain. I gathered if it was an advert they are selling it and am now surprised to hear the NHS are not offering it to all type 1 diabetics. shame on them for not doing so but find a bottomless pit of money to fund things that really are not worth investing in.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with my sensors and connection to my iphone.
I am now on my second 3 month batch of sensors, firstly let me just say the first 3 months batch worked perfectly and I found the whole sensor thing a real game changer. I knocked one of my first sensors off walking through a door which meant I only got 2 days use instead of 2 weeks, other then that its brilliant and now I know how to secure them properly.
Since picking up my second batch I can not get the alerts to work correctly and am now not being notified when I am going high or low. other then that all works perfect when I swipe but of course I need to know via me settings when I am going low before I actually become low, and same for when I am going high. If anyone has had the same problem could they please let me know? So we are singing off the same hyme sheet the, the red dotted lines on my grafts on the iphone are now not showing and this means I am not getting a night alarm if my sugars start go high. before they do. I am lucky as if I go low in the night my body knows the score and wakes me up sharpish. I cant seem to get a straight forward answer over here in Spain where I live so advise is most welcomed. Lastly are the freestyle and sensors free in UK as they are here in Spain? Many thanks and keep safe everyone. great website by the way as I only discovered it yesterday.

Hi,

For jams? Try placing Libra inside the arm? Just be a little wary if you have someone special to embrace.. ;)

I'm a self funder in the UK, but have not seen the UK add nor the L2 in my local? If you are streaming services from where you are that maybe the reason for the adds.? (At a guess.)

OK? I do use a Bluetooth bridge with Xdrip on an android phone..

I'm not familiar with the iPhone (though I do use iPad.) if you have a list of other Bluetooth devices on your phone? You could try "forgetting" all BT devices previously listed, then reconnecting to the BT to the sensor which could stabilise the connection?

Strangely with my old Galaxy note 4, if I leave it on charge or with the headphone bud Jack plugged in. It can pick up the bridge through 2 walls well over 10m away on the other side of the house? Lol, there is a very loud "speaking clock" style beep if my bloods stray on my phone..

Hope this somehow helps.. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Jaylee The Libre2 data output has Encryption so linking to things like night scout xdrip and so on may not be quite so straight forward so far there has been no UK launch date set though it is being rolled out across Europe.

Oh yes and of course the L2 sensor will require a new reader.

Mark in Spain

Sorry maybe I should have made it clearer, my first 3 month batch of sensors are exactly the same as my second 3 month batch and being used with exactly the same iphone. The first ones sent a clear signal to my phone if I were heading for either a low or a high before it actually happened. Now I get no Alerts to this happening. All of my settings seem to be right on my phone so I am just lost as to why now I am not getting the low or high notifications. This is of course important for me during the night as I dont want to be riding to high while I sleep, and nothing worse than getting woken up by my body telling me I am HAVING a hypo and spoiling your sleep.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee The Libre2 data output has Encryption so linking to things like night scout xdrip and so on may not be quite so straight forward so far there has been no UK launch date set though it is being rolled out across Europe.

Oh yes and of course the L2 sensor will require a new reader.

Hi,

Good point John, :) my understanding is there is a "Libre2 ready" update on the Librelink app? (It was mentioned by a UK member the other day enquiring about L2 availability. Oddly in the UK.)
My understanding is also the L2 encryption cannot be jail broken, though the MM2 should still work as a bridge with the apps I use.. (If or when they show up on these shores.)

The advice I suggested was regarding trying clearing the OP's IPhone Bluetooth cache to alow it to talk to the official Abbott app. Instead of the possibility of it scanning for cordless headphones?

Sorry maybe I should have made it clearer, my first 3 month batch of sensors are exactly the same as my second 3 month batch and being used with exactly the same iphone. The first ones sent a clear signal to my phone if I were heading for either a low or a high before it actually happened. Now I get no Alerts to this happening. All of my settings seem to be right on my phone so I am just lost as to why now I am not getting the low or high notifications. This is of course important for me during the night as I dont want to be riding to high while I sleep, and nothing worse than getting woken up by my body telling me I am HAVING a hypo and spoiling your sleep.

Hi,

Clearing the wood for the trees..
Have you had any OS or libre app updates lately on your phone..
If you are getting consecutive issues with sensors? It could actually be the phone??
Oooh, do you have any other alarm settings changed on your device, like a standard alarm clock??
Check any other alert settings changes too.? (Which may interfere.)

Any new apps installed since the first batch? (Which may have made the device a little unstable.)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Mark in Spain Did you activate the sensor with the reader or your phone as alarms go to the device used to activate the sensor either the reader or the phone but not both or so I believe.

Reactions: Jaylee

Mark in Spain

Thanks all of you for trying to help me out with this, when I first started with my freestyle Libre 2 it was all activated via my iphone, never have I had to use the reader which came at the start. I have only ever had a mark 2 version and not used the mark 1. I am going to check all out again tonight as with the mark 2 it over rides the phone being on silent and even cuts me off of calls to tell me I am either going high or low in a very stern blokes voice. lol

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I know this is going to sound stupid but you haven't accidentally turned the alarms off in the app if that is possible as I know you can turn them off on the reader.

Mark in Spain

Nope, no alarms have accidently been turned off, everything was going so well and I was really happy I was avoiding highs and lows with the alerts set to notify me well in advance so I could take the correct steps to stay in my safe green zone. Mine is also linked up to 2 spanish hospitals who keep an eye on me. The way my grafts are looking right now they will think i have been having days and nights out between the chocolate factory and the gym. someone mentioned on here that other alerts could over ride the Freestlye. So tomorrow I am going to be playing a game of elimination with other alerts connected to my phone. Thanks again everyone I do appreciate your thoughts.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope, no alarms have accidently been turned off, everything was going so well and I was really happy I was avoiding highs and lows with the alerts set to notify me well in advance so I could take the correct steps to stay in my safe green zone. Mine is also linked up to 2 spanish hospitals who keep an eye on me. The way my grafts are looking right now they will think i have been having days and nights out between the chocolate factory and the gym. someone mentioned on here that other alerts could over ride the Freestlye. So tomorrow I am going to be playing a game of elimination with other alerts connected to my phone. Thanks again everyone I do appreciate your thoughts.

OK. So I've just been poking about my iPad.. Bit like a large phone with no SIM card..
If you go into settings then "notifications" & scroll down various apps & features. You don't have sounds turned off with Librelink?

Mark in Spain

Tell you all what my wifes a star and I am now back up and running again. I dont want to bore you with it but she deleted the app on my iphone 10 and re-installed an updated app, swipe my sensor and reset alerts and the jobs a gooden. Guess whos loving there all singing all dancing Freestyle Libre 2 again. Thank you all so much for trying to assist me.

Reactions: Glucobabu

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Mark in Spain Thanks for the update seems so simple in the end delete app and reinstall congrats to your good lady, I have to admit I have been getting emails from Abbott sugesting that I update my app but I did not think it applied to the libre2 as I have the libre1.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
have to admit I have been getting emails from Abbott sugesting that I update my app but I did not think it applied to the libre2 as I have the libre1.
Well it'll be the same app :), so it'd apply to both.
But yeah in essence it's the good old turn it off (as in really really off) and restart plan :)

kerryh1

@Mark in Spain Thanks for the update seems so simple in the end delete app and reinstall congrats to your good lady, I have to admit I have been getting emails from Abbott sugesting that I update my app but I did not think it applied to the libre2 as I have the libre1.

hi mark did you sort out libre2 . i am new to libre2 and i am having same trouble , constant signal loss and no alerts
i have updated app , no joy ,fitted new sensor , no joy . called abbots and they said settings all fine still no joy . tried everything and still the same outcome constant no signal and no alarms . using iphone11 . can you help please im new to site so not sure if i posted on correct place so do excuse me . should of said i uninstalled and installed and still the same

Last edited:

kerryh1

hi did you find the answer ? im having same trouble no signal or alerts , im new to libre2 ,

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi did you find the answer ? im having same trouble no signal or alerts , im new to libre2 ,

Hi,

Off the top of my head. Have you tried going into the Bluetooth menu on your phone & "forgetting" any other devices it my have been tethered to? (Cordless Headphones & wot not?)

kerryh1

Hi,

Off the top of my head. Have you tried going into the Bluetooth menu on your phone & "forgetting" any other devices it my have been tethered to? (Cordless Headphones & wot not?)
yes i have done all that even been on phone to abbots 3 times a hour a time and all settings are correct in the end they gave up but im not lol . sorry im new so not sure im replying in correct place ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes i have done all that even been on phone to abbots 3 times a hour a time and all settings are correct in the end they gave up but im not lol . sorry im new so not sure im replying in correct place ?

Well? Yer on an iPhone & L2 topic. So that covers the "right place." :)

I admire your tenacity regarding not giving up with the tech.

.. & welcome to the forum!

Back to your signal loss. Are you noticing any pattern? Could it be in a certain building or part of the building with other working Bluetooth or wireless devices?
Have you tried turning wifi off on your device, see it that helps resolve certain connection issues?