What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.6 this morning. I still had to get up at 4 am to eat blueberries as I was running low at 3.7. I've stopped snacking on cheese at bedtime so have to reduce my basal even more.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Seem to be first out of the traps with a 5.3. Enjoying this little run of 5s as A1c booked for next week. Now I’ve probs jinxed it!

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.0 for me
FB_IMG_1599480656358.jpg

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
never happened before but was 18 when went to bed had my Tresiba and woke at 3 am thought ok maybe level dropped and it was 18.1 that got me up maybe stress playing a part ...it tends to shove my levels up dunno why

Reactions: philchap1

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Fbg 5.3 via Stabbo, weight 74.4 kgs, BMI 22.7, SPO2 97, temp 36.1, 7 hrs 31 for an 85 sleep score - at a guess the slight cold from a granddaughter or two is responsible for the sub-optimal data.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today, seems I am in good company. Morning all.
@PenguinMum my HbA1c is also booked. Thought I might as well find out the worst.
Exactly how I feel but I’m 3 months overdue and am trying to avoid any medical situations in December! @ianpspurs if you mean how did we book our A1cs my surgery has been chasing me since June when it was due (am still on 6 monthly) but my numbers havent been good so I kept putting it off! Maybe you get yours done at the hospital?

Reactions: DJC3 and SaskiaKC

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 today.
No HbA1c or blood checks on any of my other health conditions / co-morbidities since the start of the year. Apart from a telephone ‘consultation’ for asthma check, which struck me as being ludicrous, as how could lung capacity be checked over the phone?, and a random text telling me I should check my own blood pressure.
I am not missing any of the interference, err, I mean monitoring and support from GP practice. Getting along quite well without. Thank you.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 this morning. Very happy to see such a low number considering I haven't checked FBG in weeks. Even happier considering I have an appointment scheduled with a new doc this coming Friday.
The number on my other meter was higher but I don't remember what it was, so I am going with the 6.8.

I've also lost just over a pound since last weighing. I don't know how that happened either, but I'm happy it did! :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't post yesterday it was 5.8 after sleeping in. Last night couldn't sleep, gave up trying and got up around 1:30 stayed up till around 3:30. Had a cup of oxo during the night so fasting time was a lot less. Got up around 7:30 bloods 5.2 this morning.I like the 5.2 much better than the 5.8, so maybe bouillon cubes are the way to go.;)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
never happened before but was 18 when went to bed had my Tresiba and woke at 3 am thought ok maybe level dropped and it was 18.1 that got me up maybe stress playing a part ...it tends to shove my levels up dunno why

Stress increases cortisol levels which affects BG springs to mind.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
An appalling 5.8 today via Stabbo. Grotty cold seems to be the reason not food. Upside is >7 hrs sleep and 85 sleep score.