What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, yes but what about the bacon issue?. Come to the dispatch box and answer as per the forum agreement you signed.:angelic:
Ah bacon - it’s a bit like asking about the wine issue though - and what you would pass for bacon.
I do like a good thick slice of back bacon from a well raised and fabulously looked after snorter like a Tamworth. Not smoked though - blooming waste. And on he went, waffling into his frying pan.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew. Rule of six is a doddle to skirt round: “The ‘rule of six’ restrictions brought in today could have disrupted game shooting which usually includes eight or more people. However, the exemption will allow shooting to operate under Covid-safe guidance.” Not sure how good my granddaughters are with guns but Christmas day shoot is now organised.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank all for sympathy re my toothache. Got to see my dentist today, he confirmed It's an apsis, clearly shown on the X-ray. Only me in surgery, well organised. So now on 7 days of antibiotics and no alcohol. Dentist was great but what ever happened to old school dentists that just get on with putting right what was wrong? I have been presented with so many options as to what can be done, what I can expect, percentages of success and failure I am totally confused. I ended up asking can I just do nothing once antibiotics work? So after all these options dentist said yes that's probably the best, leave it alone as it's dying and when dead it should be no problem. However there is always a but, unless it gets another apsis. :banghead:
Still, hopefully on the mend and looking forward to no more pain.

lindisfel

Expert
Phew. Rule of six is a doddle to skirt round: “The ‘rule of six’ restrictions brought in today could have disrupted game shooting which usually includes eight or more people. However, the exemption will allow shooting to operate under Covid-safe guidance.” Not sure how good my granddaughters are with guns but Christmas day shoot is now organised.
I am sure your granddaughters will be better than Willy Whitelaw who bagged a beater.
D. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I was in the kitchen earlier. Someone was banging on the window (Otherwise I wouldn't have known. Why does no one ring my doorbell then I can see it flashing and know someone is at the door?).

Anyway, I opened kitchen door. A woman holding a huge bunch of flowers places them on the doorstep and says 'These are for Granny Pat.' They were a beautiful big bunch of flowers. I have been called many names in my life, but never Pat.

So I explained I was not Pat. But these are for your house number she said. I agreed it was my house number, but I was not Granny Pat. The woman stood there looking confused. She appeared to be a florist. So I said fine, if it is for my house number then I would welcome a bunch of flowers and went to pick them up. She gave me the dirtiest of looks, snatched the flowers back and charged off.

Sigh....
The moral of the story never argue with a florist you could end up with a bunch of fives instead of a bunch of roses.:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Grand day in the North today.
Not much wind and it got up to 22 deg C and I even walked out in a tee shirt up to the top of the nearby drumlin.

Then I attempted to cut the area of the garden that I hoped would grow some wild flowers but the grass is always wet and rank and needs a family of goats, nothing I have in the shed is it up to the job!

The guy who is head of the North Cumbrian food bank spoke at Zoom church yesterday.
Here we are in 2020 and people need help to feed their kids and even pets, it worse this year than its even been.
He says it will get much worse when the furlough ends, but their supplying fairly balanced meals for juniors and senior school children as well as families in need.
They also find whatever the needs are, they are supplied, which must be faith strengthening for the Christians involved.

I have been very fortunate in life, but when I was at school we were well aware of what it was like to be poor.
D.
My wife was born in Silloth we used to visit her Gran there quite often even when she was in her nineties she would still insist on making us cups of tea and never let us help, And I used to enjoy standing on the front looking over the water to Scotland.

Oh my Fbg was 5.1 this morning if I remember correctly.

lindisfel

Expert
My wife was born in Silloth we used to visit her Gran there quite often even when she was in her nineties she would still insist on making us cups of tea and never let us help, And I used to enjoy standing on the front looking over the water to Scotland.

Oh my Fbg was 5.1 this morning if I remember correctly.

That's interesting, John.

The mountain across the Solway is Criffel.
Your wife will have told you, the locals say, if you can't see, Criffel.... it's raining and if you can see, Criffel....it's going to rain.

We came up here in 1964 when I went to work at Sandale transmitter. I didn't expect to be up here nearly sixty years later.

The damp weather took time to get used to after the east midlands.
I have spent many hours walking down to Grune Point from Silloth and looking for sea birds glued to a telescope eyepiece on the sea front.
The houses won't have changed much from when your wife was here.

I don't think we are going to move much now. Our two are in Warrington and York respectively, but old trees cannot be uprooted!
regards
D.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The houses won't have changed much from when your wife was here.
I dare say not point of fact her granddad's building firm built several houses in Silloth when her father worked for the family firm. They then moved down to Warwick sort of in the opposite direction to you. She still has family there though.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

My digital painting for today...

3AB70C0D-CB6D-4F95-B5C5-17AD4C29BE09.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.7 for me today, nit surprised though.

Face is now ROUND and I can see my right cheek I'm that swollen, I hope these antibiotics start to work soon. Then all this great weather being wasted as I feel so YUK. :banghead:

Youngest Granddaughter developed Cough and Temp, she and her mom and dad had Covid Test which came back negative on Sunday, good news or we could have been self isolating for days as we had spent a day with them.

Take whatever the day throws your way. Keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. An appalling 5.8 via Stabbo for me this morning. A grotty cold seems to be the reason not my food intake, which is reliably LC because I'm very stubborn and pretend that works. The upside is >7 hrs sleep and an 85 sleep score with oxygen levels spiffing all night long. My temperature is 36.2 so ok there. Hug for the tooth issues @Muddy Cyclist. Wild Alaskan salmon extravaganza and several 800 mls mugs of Assam tea here today. No idea what the Fungster would feel about that but I do know what I feel about him. Have a great day and if you don't like a law/agreement get some useful idiots to say we agree and just ignore it - braying is good.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank all for sympathy re my toothache. Got to see my dentist today, he confirmed It's an apsis, clearly shown on the X-ray. Only me in surgery, well organised. So now on 7 days of antibiotics and no alcohol. Dentist was great but what ever happened to old school dentists that just get on with putting right what was wrong? I have been presented with so many options as to what can be done, what I can expect, percentages of success and failure I am totally confused. I ended up asking can I just do nothing once antibiotics work? So after all these options dentist said yes that's probably the best, leave it alone as it's dying and when dead it should be no problem. However there is always a but, unless it gets another apsis. :banghead:
Still, hopefully on the mend and looking forward to no more pain.
Good, that’s a result even if you had to listen to disclaimers and caveats read from a list of quite unimportant small print when pain relief and a sound plan were all that was required.