What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.6 this morning. I still had to get up at 4 am to eat blueberries as I was running low at 3.7. I've stopped snacking on cheese at bedtime so have to reduce my basal even more.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Seem to be first out of the traps with a 5.3. Enjoying this little run of 5s as A1c booked for next week. Now I’ve probs jinxed it!

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.0 for me
FB_IMG_1599480656358.jpg

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
never happened before but was 18 when went to bed had my Tresiba and woke at 3 am thought ok maybe level dropped and it was 18.1 that got me up maybe stress playing a part ...it tends to shove my levels up dunno why

Reactions: philchap1

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Fbg 5.3 via Stabbo, weight 74.4 kgs, BMI 22.7, SPO2 97, temp 36.1, 7 hrs 31 for an 85 sleep score - at a guess the slight cold from a granddaughter or two is responsible for the sub-optimal data.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today, seems I am in good company. Morning all.
@PenguinMum my HbA1c is also booked. Thought I might as well find out the worst.
Exactly how I feel but I’m 3 months overdue and am trying to avoid any medical situations in December! @ianpspurs if you mean how did we book our A1cs my surgery has been chasing me since June when it was due (am still on 6 monthly) but my numbers havent been good so I kept putting it off! Maybe you get yours done at the hospital?

Reactions: DJC3 and SaskiaKC

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 today.
No HbA1c or blood checks on any of my other health conditions / co-morbidities since the start of the year. Apart from a telephone ‘consultation’ for asthma check, which struck me as being ludicrous, as how could lung capacity be checked over the phone?, and a random text telling me I should check my own blood pressure.
I am not missing any of the interference, err, I mean monitoring and support from GP practice. Getting along quite well without. Thank you.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 this morning. Very happy to see such a low number considering I haven't checked FBG in weeks. Even happier considering I have an appointment scheduled with a new doc this coming Friday.
The number on my other meter was higher but I don't remember what it was, so I am going with the 6.8.

I've also lost just over a pound since last weighing. I don't know how that happened either, but I'm happy it did! :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't post yesterday it was 5.8 after sleeping in. Last night couldn't sleep, gave up trying and got up around 1:30 stayed up till around 3:30. Had a cup of oxo during the night so fasting time was a lot less. Got up around 7:30 bloods 5.2 this morning.I like the 5.2 much better than the 5.8, so maybe bouillon cubes are the way to go.;)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
never happened before but was 18 when went to bed had my Tresiba and woke at 3 am thought ok maybe level dropped and it was 18.1 that got me up maybe stress playing a part ...it tends to shove my levels up dunno why

Stress increases cortisol levels which affects BG springs to mind.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An appalling 5.8 today via Stabbo. Grotty cold seems to be the reason not food. Upside is >7 hrs sleep and 85 sleep score.