Libre suggests morning insulin resistance?

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay so I have self funded Freestyle Libre and understand what my numbers are doing but dont know how to correct?

My last HBAIC was 48 and slightly higher than I thought. Purchased the Libre and that showed over the first 14 days a predicted HBAIC of 44 but I realise this would not necessarily be the figure from my GP test.

However, ( and its a big however) my trends have thrown up a big question. If I exclude the information from 6 AM to 12 Noon, my HBAIC would be 38, whilst this 6 hour morning slot shows an HBAIC of 52.

As I have mentioned elsewhere I do not eat breakfast and even if I do it doesnt reduce my readings. I have tried the brazil nuts or peanut butter tricks to no avail.

But when I look at my readings for the rest of the day I have a very quick correction after all meals.

So my conclusion is that my readings that interact with my diet show that I have a suggested HBA1C of 38. But I appear to be insulin resistant but only in the morning. It is this morning slot that I need to conquer and have read everything about DP but it doesnt seem to fit.

So my question is how does one reduce insulin resistance that is only a factor for part of the day?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I am chasing this at the moment, along with others.
See for example https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/libre-day-4.176703/

Given that there are at least a few people report seeing this - what I term Extended Dawn Phenomenon - I am now wondering if it is a fairly common thing but is only really demonstrated by a continuous BG trace from devices such as the Libre.

I wonder how many we need to have to get our own sub-forum! :)

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am chasing this at the moment, along with others.
See for example https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/libre-day-4.176703/

Given that there are at least a few people report seeing this - what I term Extended Dawn Phenomenon - I am now wondering if it is a fairly common thing but is only really demonstrated by a continuous BG trace from devices such as the Libre.

I wonder how many we need to have to get our own sub-forum! :)

Wow! I read the thread and we seem to mirror what each other said. Too many similarities, age as well!

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
My DP seems to follow my circadian rhythm. If I wake up an hour early and wee, nothing changes. It’s only when my alarm goes off and I really have to wake up.