What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Hopefully geeful, given the right medication, mr gee will make a full recovery, and the right course of drugs will keep the problem in check.
May you find the peace you need and stop worrying, but that is easily said.
God bless
Derek
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

sorry, I still haven't caught up on the thread :sorry:

mr gee has now been diagnosed as having had a small stroke last week :( we had to go up to the main hospital 40 miles away for tests last Thursday.
I had to drive him there and ended up sitting in the hospital car park for the best part of 7 hours, I was only allowed into the clinic to confirm all our contact information. apparently they used to allow one visitor per patient to sit with them during breaks in testing regime but that's no longer allowed unless required because of Covid. I was allowed into the out patient dept to use the bathroom or buy takeaway coffee, which I was heartily thankful for ;)

He seems fine at the moment thank goodness :) two lots of pills and has to go see his own doctor next week and will have to go back to the Hospital to see the doctor there when they send for him.

Trying to keep my anxiety under control :sorry: and get back to posting a bit more regularly

@Muddy Cyclist - hugs for the toothache and I hope the antibiotics kick in soon :sorry:

@jjraak - some breakfast that! looks lovely :)

@lindisfel - nice part of the country, my BIL's dad lives at Millom ;)

@dunelm - lovely grove of trees, very well styled :)

@Alien Aspie - we have our regular robin back again, cheeky but fun and very curious about everything you do :)

@gennepher - very vibrant art, she looks quite stern but the cat looks gleeful ;)

Art bit -
haven't managed to paint every day but I hope to get back to daily art.
this was from a photo found on Pinterest as usual.

View attachment 44026

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg of 4.8 this morning,

When I had my flu jab the other day the Pharmacist took my temperature looked a little concerned and said it's a little on the high side then he noticed my hat when I removed said item my temperature dropped to normal.:)
Have you always been hot headed, John?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. A really good day at work yesterday. Was home before 10pm - am definitely getting quicker at doing all the sanitising once the class has left.

Mr K never has a drink until I get home - just in case i have a problem and he has to drive out to sort it. So as soon as I got home he had a whisky.

An hour later I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten to close the windows at the hall and we had to make a 50 mile round trip to close them. He was definitely quite grumpy as he was really tired after a busy day but wouldn't let me go on my own. He is a really good driver but not a very good passenger.

All is fine this morning and he is back to his normal self.

Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He seems fine at the moment thank goodness :) two lots of pills and has to go see his own doctor next week
What an ordeal geefull for you and Mr G...keep us updated when you can best wishes for you both.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...finally all paperwork done & ready for the office...might drive down to London to drop it off might be good to get out of the house getting very comfortable lounging on the sofa with Netflix...Charlie is now going out with the vets blessing thank goodness cats do strange things when stressed...no FBG tired not a brilliant sleep so will resume tomorrow...keep safe everyone.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and another high with a 7 today. Too many different mixes of tablets and infections so I'm not going to keep worrying about it.

Pleanty to do today, however I'm sure unplanned events will end up changing this, Ain't life exciting :)

Take what you can and give what you can to your day. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Busy Morening Ladies and Gentlemen here, again no time.

A 7.2 this morning, which is good because I'm going to be active and mentally stressed at plinky plonky this morning.

Quick mention about today, which is bin day, dancing around the September pole is allowed if that's your thing.

Anybody heard anything about Christmas being moved to December 1st? I shall be looking for decorations shortly and ordering my dreaded sprouts.
Have a great bin day fellow posters and painters, if allowed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Quite dark this morning even as late as 6.00 am - really not my happy place. Hugs for @geefull and Mr G. Hopefully the art will keep your anxiety levels down and the Meds and Medics will provide the reassurance you both need. @Muddy Cyclist glad the abscess is on the mend and gave a winner for balanced outlook. @karen8967 hug for hypo but winner for understated way you deal with things. @Krystyna23040 hug for the extra journey for you and Mr K. Management of T2 remains a wholly N=1 process so Stabbo vacillated between 5.2 and 5.4 this morning. Absolutely certain neither of them is low enough but probably not dangerous. Rolled through all the protocols yesterday: 14 hrs 250+ steps; 10k+ total,; <5 hrs eating window; keto levels carb; holy moley on skinny bread toast; salmon and avo salad. Shows up on scales but this is about T2 management. Moana day 1 with No 4 granddaughter - one of us is pretty in pink. Take care crew- You're welcome:angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

sorry, I still haven't caught up on the thread :sorry:

mr gee has now been diagnosed as having had a small stroke last week :( we had to go up to the main hospital 40 miles away for tests last Thursday.
I had to drive him there and ended up sitting in the hospital car park for the best part of 7 hours, I was only allowed into the clinic to confirm all our contact information. apparently they used to allow one visitor per patient to sit with them during breaks in testing regime but that's no longer allowed unless required because of Covid. I was allowed into the out patient dept to use the bathroom or buy takeaway coffee, which I was heartily thankful for ;)

He seems fine at the moment thank goodness :) two lots of pills and has to go see his own doctor next week and will have to go back to the Hospital to see the doctor there when they send for him.

Trying to keep my anxiety under control :sorry: and get back to posting a bit more regularly

@Muddy Cyclist - hugs for the toothache and I hope the antibiotics kick in soon :sorry:

@jjraak - some breakfast that! looks lovely :)

@lindisfel - nice part of the country, my BIL's dad lives at Millom ;)

@dunelm - lovely grove of trees, very well styled :)

@Alien Aspie - we have our regular robin back again, cheeky but fun and very curious about everything you do :)

@gennepher - very vibrant art, she looks quite stern but the cat looks gleeful ;)

Art bit -
haven't managed to paint every day but I hope to get back to daily art.
this was from a photo found on Pinterest as usual.

View attachment 44026
Hugs for both you and Mr G - what a palaver - pleased to read that they availed the important facilities. Winner for your detailed and calming landscape. Thank you for your comments about my floating trees.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A few days of no art, not good. Abscess popped this afternoon and pain and swelling less, feeling much better and so a couple of watercolour sketches A5 for my next sunset painting, not yet sure which way this painting will go.
View attachment 44030
View attachment 44029
Abscess popping - great relief. I do like your watercolour sketches - good in their own right - these are so vibrant - looking forward to see which way they take you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and happy International Bin Day here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of winner, winner, chicken dinner came in at 5.2 this am

Granddaughter number five had it in mind to have a day of complaints yesterday - lots of walking round the park - to no avail, Walk into town and back - no. She eventually gave in and had a nap at about 1330 - then happy as a lark.
Kimchi - made a batch of kimchi - it’s bubbling away in a dark place, the jar stood in a dish to catch the expanding liquid.
@alf_Josiah - I had heard rumours of moving Christmas - we have plans to tinselate one of our bedrooms, festoon it with lights, put up a huge tropical poster, heat lamp, deck chairs and pretend that we are wintering in Barbados.

Hope everyone has a better day today than they had yesterday. Koffy time.

upload_2020-9-16_8-45-39.jpeg

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and happy International Bin Day here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of winner, winner, chicken dinner came in at 5.2 this am

Granddaughter number five had it in mind to have a day of complaints yesterday - lots of walking round the park - to no avail, Walk into town and back - no. She eventually gave in and had a nap at about 1330 - then happy as a lark.
Kimchi - made a batch of kimchi - it’s bubbling away in a dark place, the jar stood in a dish to catch the expanding liquid.
@alf_Josiah - I had heard rumours of moving Christmas - we have plans to tinselate one of our bedrooms, festoon it with lights, put up a huge tropical poster, heat lamp, deck chairs and pretend that we are wintering in Barbados.

Hope everyone has a better day today than they had yesterday. Koffy time.

View attachment 44039
That is a real great drawing from you today, fantastic reflections and nice angle.