K-eto Life Bread

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I ordered early in the week, expecting delivery by Friday, no sign of it and the royal mail tracking code didn't work. It finally arrived the following Tues afternoon - it had been sent parcel post instead of first class (which I'd paid for). Wasn't impressed with the taste or texture but that might have been because it had been sitting in hot warehouses/vans for 5 days.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Anyone got any other ideas for a decent low carb bread (that doesn't need to be baked by me)????

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really am not at all impressed with these people. My order still hasn't arrived and I emailed asking for an estimated delivery date - and got an email back saying my order has been cancelled! What rubbish customer service.
Where did you order it from? I order my bread from Amazon and have had no problems so far. It always arrives sooner than I expect it to.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Where did you order it from? I order my bread from Amazon and have had no problems so far. It always arrives sooner than I expect it to.

I ordered it directly from their own website. :rolleyes:. So no opportunity of leaving a review of their performance (or lack of it)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have also found them the same as @Chook - not to be fast or quick to deliver/deal with - very disappointing - the last/first time I ordered they said my order would be despatched Wed/Thurs so I was hopeful of it being with me on the Thursday as I assumed they would really try and despatch it on the Wed but no, no sign on the Thurs or Fri so I e-mailed them after my post had arrived on the Fri to ask where my order was - they said I should receive it Mon but if not to e-mail them - I was not very happy at all as I had planned some meals around them arriving a lot earlier - luckily they arrived on the Sat morning.

I placed an order last week - they said despatch was Tues/Wed this week - so far nothing received and I received an e-mail from them yesterday basically saying they had had so many orders that there would be a delay with mine - well I can't plan anything around them this week after last time and the e-mail I received yesterday. I did reply to their e-mail asking them when my order is likely to be despatched - received auto reply back saying they are busier than usual and it will take them longer than usual to reply so I am not holding my breath ... will get them when I get them - I am not very happy but not a a lot I can do about it - I am thinking about ordering from Amazon next time but they don't do the rolls and just pack of 3 loaves is a bit much for me ,so annoying :banghead:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cheers for that - looks like they do them after all - many thanks

I was looking at them yesterday and thinking I'd prefer them to the bread.... then they cancelled my order. I think I'll wait a week or two before ordering again (through Amazon this time) and hopefully they will have got over their supply problems.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

that amazon entry says ‘usually despatched 6-10 days’, so it might not be any quicker than ordering from the company itself.
Might get some of these for Mr B.
He can eat the gluten in these, whereas I can’t.
And at the moment he is chomping through my GF keto mug bread rolls :eek:

zeeeee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have an amazon business and amazon themselves are pretty strict when it comes to customers receiving their orders on time and will close you down if you get too many complaints and from what I can see they're selling quite a few loaves a month 400+ so it looks like the website orders aren't going to take any priority.

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So ... how many days from ordering online to delivery at your house?

Reactions: Chook

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So ... how many days from ordering online to delivery at your house?
I order from Amazon and even if I chose 2nd class postage it comes within 2 - 3 days...touch wood I haven't had any problems up to now. I ordered rolls from the other link and they also arrived in the same time.

Reactions: Chook and Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The reason they gave me was that they have been so busy ... have had o
I order from Amazon and even if I chose 2nd class postage it comes within 2 - 3 days...touch wood I haven't had any problems up to now. I ordered rolls from the other link and they also arrived in the same time.
Hiya - I received an email from them this morning saying my order has now been despatched so I am hoping I will receive them Fri/Sat but I will not be happy if its Monday and they have been lying somewhere all weekend when I could have been eating them fresh. I am wondering about the 12 pack rolls if they would be a bit soggy if taken from the freezer - if you try them - let me know if you don't mind - they would certainly be handy if they are ok - whereas the 4 pack well ... I eat them all within the week ... when they are still nice and fresh.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hiya - I received an email from them this morning saying my order has now been despatched so I am hoping I will receive them Fri/Sat but I will not be happy if its Monday and they have been lying somewhere all weekend when I could have been eating them fresh. I am wondering about the 12 pack rolls if they would be a bit soggy if taken from the freezer - if you try them - let me know if you don't mind - they would certainly be handy if they are ok - whereas the 4 pack well ... I eat them all within the week ... when they are still nice and fresh.
The rolls I have frozen have thawed perfectly....taste as fresh as they would be when you get them. I put them in individual freezer bags so theyre easy to just take out when I want one....I either pop it in the fridge to defrost overnight and theyre perfect or just leave it on the kitchen counter to defrost.

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried this recipe with some small changes and it worked very well.

Looks good. I find a good 10 minute knead (by machine) definitely improves texture and structure and a slower rise over about two hours in a cool room improves taste too. I've even done a sourdough version which was interesting but very slow.

Eating a couple of loaves at the moment that have a couple of spoons of caraway / fennel seed added. Very tasty indeed.

If you bake in bulk I find it keeps very well for days in the fridge, wrapped in clingfilm.

We're a bit stranded in this thread about the travails of buying and getting factory made stuff delivered, aren't we?

Last edited:

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I've ordered 12 rolls and 3 loaves today Saturday 19th from Amazon....I will let you know when they arrive....how long it takes

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Placed an Amazon order for 12 rolls (3x4rolls) for £14.49 on 17th Sept
3 loaves of bread (14 smallish slices per loaf) arrived yesterday on 25th Sept
Wrote to them explaining the error and querying any price differential, they responded quickly and thanked me for my understanding, stating there was no price differential between 12 rolls and 3 loaves.

Mr B had 6 (!!!) slices as 3 sarnies as lunch yesterday, and pronounced it good.
He took more sarnies to work today after a toast breakfast.
That is a whole loaf gone in 24hrs. o_O

I’ve told him if he wants more ordered, he can pay for them himself. :hilarious:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Placed an Amazon order for 12 rolls (3x4rolls) for £14.49 on 17th Sept
3 loaves of bread (14 smallish slices per loaf) arrived yesterday on 25th Sept
Wrote to them explaining the error and querying any price differential, they responded quickly and thanked me for my understanding, stating there was no price differential between 12 rolls and 3 loaves.

Mr B had 6 (!!!) slices as 3 sarnies as lunch yesterday, and pronounced it good.
He took more sarnies to work today after a toast breakfast.
That is a whole loaf gone in 24hrs. o_O

I’ve told him if he wants more ordered, he can pay for them himself. :hilarious:
I have told everyone in my house not to touch mine! with 3 men in my house they would be gone in a flash if I didn't - like many other things I have fancied over the years and when I go to the cupboard - well ...it's bare, if you are not fast you are last in my house - they had better not dare! My 19 year old has actually just enquired what's this? - MY loDough! - again I have told him not to touch it and have explained the reason being it is so expensive - just in case any one is wondering, no I am not a selfish person BUT they can eat anything they want and my fridge and cupboards are full of things for them to eat - just don't go stealing my low carbs please ;):hungry::happy:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. I didn't even know I was missing bread till I made some of the Keto King recipe. It tasted just like the brown bread I could remember having as a child. Hubby liked it as well, not sure that's a plus. Looking to do some experimentation with the vital wheat flour, wondering if it will make pastry. Anyone know?

Last edited: