unfair and excluded because i am type 2

diabethick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
always at the doctors and hospital
I would like to ask a question about lei-bra patches as my fingers can't stand no more finger pricking why are type 2 not eligible.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Because the common thought is that t2 shouldn't be testing anyway and even those on insulin are less likely to hypo so finger sticks are fine

Infact even t1have criteria to meet before being given libre

Some t2 will be given libre in exceptional circumstances but its rare

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I'm T2 and get them prescribed.
Apparently the guidelines are not to prescribe if the GP doesn't think they will help or prescribing them has shown not to help.
I'm the star of the show most of the time at my surgery regarding T2 as I'm not getting sicker fatter or using ever increasing medication and to be honest I agree with that last bit.
If people are being prescribed such an expensive item then why carry on if the user is seeing no benefit from them?
I'm showing my worth by taking no medication having no problems and my meter helps me to achieve and maintain that.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
My partner is t2 and has them prescribed (now)

She self funded for 5 months showed a hba1c drop from 99 to 65 so has been prescribed them as she has demonstrated their worth

However I'm sure if she let's things go again that funding for them will be withdrawn