What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

sorry, I still haven't caught up on the thread :sorry:

mr gee has now been diagnosed as having had a small stroke last week :( we had to go up to the main hospital 40 miles away for tests last Thursday.
I had to drive him there and ended up sitting in the hospital car park for the best part of 7 hours, I was only allowed into the clinic to confirm all our contact information. apparently they used to allow one visitor per patient to sit with them during breaks in testing regime but that's no longer allowed unless required because of Covid. I was allowed into the out patient dept to use the bathroom or buy takeaway coffee, which I was heartily thankful for ;)

He seems fine at the moment thank goodness :) two lots of pills and has to go see his own doctor next week and will have to go back to the Hospital to see the doctor there when they send for him.

Trying to keep my anxiety under control :sorry: and get back to posting a bit more regularly

Oh, @geefull , what an awful few days.
And I know 'hospital time' can be taxing, but to then have to spend it isolated from him in the car park...for 7 hours..:arghh:

A necessary evil to protect others, respect.

Good to know most of us aren't as self centred and self serving as Cummings....:banghead:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Mr G,
And hoping a little more good news helps reduce the anxiety levels..x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning and happy International Bin Day here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of winner, winner, chicken dinner came in at 5.2 this am

Granddaughter number five had it in mind to have a day of complaints yesterday - lots of walking round the park - to no avail, Walk into town and back - no. She eventually gave in and had a nap at about 1330 - then happy as a lark.
Kimchi - made a batch of kimchi - it’s bubbling away in a dark place, the jar stood in a dish to catch the expanding liquid.
@alf_Josiah - I had heard rumours of moving Christmas - we have plans to tinselate one of our bedrooms, festoon it with lights, put up a huge tropical poster, heat lamp, deck chairs and pretend that we are wintering in Barbados.

Hope everyone has a better day today than they had yesterday. Koffy time.

View attachment 44039

Ooh. This is beautifully dramatic @dunelm

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I book you as drummer for our Christmas Local Dram Christmas Pantomime?

Whoops, almost forgot no Panto for the foreseeable future :( I was going to star as the Dame this year, bother!
Well that could have been fun!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.50am FBG 5.9

@geefull So sorry to read about MrG. Such a long wait in the car for you when of course you wanted to be near him. Very difficult for you both. Hope he recovers soon.

@Muddy Cyclist good to know you are on the road to normality again, whatever that might be for you.

Finally managed to access the local vet, MrSlim ( he volunteered to drive) and I took Cat for a check up. Poor Cat, shoved him in a crate, with another over the top to keep him in, fastened with bungees. Apart from crying in the car, his behaviour was immaculate. No great fuss made about being handled, poked and prodded by a total stranger. And only a couple of minutes to settle down once we were home again.

Vet Checked. He has no microchip. Nobody obviously looking for him then. Got some stronger drops for his ears. After two months of treatment the problem comes back within a couple of days. These will be more testing for both myself and Cat. Drops twice a day. For five days. Not every two days as the previous lot were. Hopefully that will sort out the ears.
More worryingly Cat has a severe chest infection. So after two different antibiotic injections he has a six day course of Amoycillin, the human medicine scaled down to his weight, to be taken twice a day.
@HarryBeau I asked for liquid. After the fuss about worm tablets can't be doing that twice a day as well as ear drops. Not sure how we will get on with squrting stuff down his throat, but hopefully will be easier than tablets.
C'est un petit chat très chêr.

Edited to correct French.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
He seems fine at the moment thank goodness :) two lots of pills and has to go see his own doctor next week and will have to go back to the Hospital to see the doctor there when they send for him.
Sorry to hear that Mr Gee had a small stroke but good that he feels fine. It must have been a real shock when he was diagnosed.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all for good wishes re my abscess, no pain but starting to swell again. Mrs MC says it's as big as a Cherry Tomato just hope it doesn't get to be the size of a Costoluto Fiorentino variety. :banghead:

Art for today, I found some Lino and a cutting knife I had forgotten about when moving a cupboard to paint behind. So did one Lino cutting of vine leaves and started a scene, wish I hadn't as it's a lot of work for poor result. However here is the result of vine print and the start of the scene cutting. Also a quick pencil sketch for sunset ideas.
IMG_3806.JPG

Need printing ink, this is tube watercolour which is not clear because it got into the cuts.
IMG_3805.JPG

Scene, not sure I will find the enthusiasm to finish it. Both cuts took about 1 hour in total and a sore palm.

And then my pencil sketch.. 10 mins, about A5 size

IMG_3807.JPG

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't believe that I did it because I always double and sometimes triple check the windows are closed and locked. But just not last night.
My worse was continually forgetting the keys...I no longer use a Yale lock it has to be the mortice lock now...I often forgot to close the kitchen before bed now I have a checklist I have to go through.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

thank you for your kind thoughts for mr gee and I :)

a couple of repeat blood tests at the local health centre for mr gee yesterday, and he's got to go and see his own doctor next week.

shopping day today so that took most of the day by the time we'd bought things, sorted them, wiped them down and then delivered mum's share of the haul to her.
Also it was smelly green bin day (general rubbish ;))

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - like your reflection artwork today, very effective :)

@Muddy Cyclist - two pleasing and promising watercolour sketches and the lino cut is an interesting new technique, I haven't tried one of those since I was at school :hilarious: proper printers ink may give a more predictable result.
I'm also glad your abscess has burst and given you some relief even if it's only temporary, it may give the antibiotics time to kick in to fight it properly :)

Art bit -

no 1 - a quick sketch using the inktense pencils, I changed the outline to look more hand drawn, it looked too neat to start with ;) I may use it as my avatar, what do you think?
upload_2020-9-16_19-5-41.jpeg

no 2 - watercolour, just slightly larger than A5

upload_2020-9-16_19-4-20.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg for this morning was 6.8

I went down to the docks and the river.
My plein air this morning on my iPad in ZenBrush2
Sitting on a bench watching the water rushing up the river with flotsam and jetsam.
The tide was coming in...

It was all lines. There were more pylons than this. And of all things was a catamaran on the other side of the river bank at a crazy angle. Was it beached? I don't know but it had two red lights on the side by the river. I drew the line at drawing the catamaran...

The bridge is to the right off picture. I call it the string bridge because it has more lines on it than any sane person would want to draw. My daughter thinks it is a tremendous piece of engineering. She would, she's an engineer..

Another day I may draw that bridge when I have figured it out.

When I got back home at midday I fell asleep a few hours...all that river/sea air.

Anyway, here is my painting for today...

FEF40C51-B663-4697-97D9-9CDB6410E64E.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks all for good wishes re my abscess, no pain but starting to swell again. Mrs MC says it's as big as a Cherry Tomato just hope it doesn't get to be the size of a Costoluto Fiorentino variety. :banghead:

Art for today, I found some Lino and a cutting knife I had forgotten about when moving a cupboard to paint behind. So did one Lino cutting of vine leaves and started a scene, wish I hadn't as it's a lot of work for poor result. However here is the result of vine print and the start of the scene cutting. Also a quick pencil sketch for sunset ideas.
View attachment 44051
Need printing ink, this is tube watercolour which is not clear because it got into the cuts.
View attachment 44050
Scene, not sure I will find the enthusiasm to finish it. Both cuts took about 1 hour in total and a sore palm.

And then my pencil sketch.. 10 mins, about A5 size

View attachment 44052

If you have any acrylic paint @Muddy Cyclist that will just about work. I have both that and block printing inks. Both work.
It is not easy on the hand carving lino.

I like your pencil sketch.